PDA

View Full Version : Weapons for my Rel'mitos deck

Eibra
Mar 15, 2004, 01:27 AM
So I have all the characters now, and I can definately say that Rel'mitos is my favourite character. I really love the way his points switch back and forth.

So I've built a deck for him, that revolves around getting a cane and sword equiped, and then bouncing back and forth between casting spells and attacking. When I get lucky with my draws and my dice it works amazingly well (which is to say it doesn't work a lot of times for one reason or the other).

So I'm trying to make it better, and right now I'm looking at the weapons I'm using. I'm using (and want to stick with) 3 and 4 costers that have both AP and TP so if I'm in a tight spot I can use the weapon for either attacking or nuking.

Right now the weapons I use are:
Demon Fork ( works well, it has a lot of hp, good tp, and has the AP to attack when it needs to)
Double Saber (Sadly I only have one at the moment, but with the 4 AP and 3 TP it works pretty well for both, especially since I usually have enough attack cards that I'm not having to burn the already low hp)
Sigh of a God (again I only have one of these, but it has both ap and tp so I can use it for either when I have to)
Red Saber (This is the problem I think. I put 3 of these in because I was always getting skunked for weapons before and when used with 3 AP from rel'mitos it works great. THe problem comes from the times when it's the only weapon I have out and the 3 points are in TP. it's not tech OK so I basically waste the turn having it do a normal attack)

So my big question I think is can anyone think of a sword weapon (or gun I suppose) that boosts both AP and TP? I'd prefer it to lean towards the AP I think (when everything is going right I'll have one weapon up for AP attacks and one for TP attacks) I did a little poking around in the card database and Elysion seems like a pretty good canidate for the kind of card I want. Far too many times now I've lost the match (or gotten too close for comfort) because I got stuck with my 3 points in TP and only my red saber out. I just recently got an assist card that makes non tech ok items tech ok, so that would probably help, but at the same time I think the problem could be more effectively solved by just equiping a different weapon.

psojohndoe2
Mar 15, 2004, 01:55 AM
Personally, when playing Rel'mitos I use: Elysion (4 cost, 4AP, 2TP, but everytime it kills something, it gains 1TP), Mahu (same deal, but lower stats, lower cost, but has the range of a Shot), Soul Eater (2TP, 5AP, steady damage, 4 cost) Gal Wind (5 cost, but good AP/TP and range), and I believe um.. Bravace? 2 cost, 2 AP/2 TP (but loses 2AP when attacking story characters)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psojohndoe2 on 2004-03-14 22:55 ]</font>

Alena Zouryx
Mar 15, 2004, 12:23 PM
I mainly use Ino'lis, but I have the same deck copied to Relmitos for when I'm going up against a real challenge.

I suggest not having so many attack weapons in there as canes with high TP. Although his swapping is wonderful, you can do much more damage if you focus on tech damage. Especially with the fork..with a casting of foie, that's 9 hp damage. Dang.

So you might want to consider losing the melee stuff and going for a tech approach. That's what I do, at least...

Malkavian
Mar 15, 2004, 01:36 PM
Considering that an attack is 1 cost and techs are 2 cost minimum, have weapons with decent AP is really good.
LIke someone said Elysion is really good. And some more can be. Diska of Braveman, Bravace, Twinkle Star, Red Slicer, etc...
The truth is that like in most characters there are many different nice decks for Relmitos. Is really a good and versatile character.

Classix
Mar 15, 2004, 03:15 PM
(I haven't refreshed this since I started reading it... almost an hour ago... so this may have already been covered. Work... and the site is slow.)

I was playing against a Japanese player the other night and he used Brave Hammer. It's a Cane-type item, 3 HP, +2 TP.

It's very good for attacking and is a pain in the rear to destroy. The Notes text for it from the Card Database are;

If the current EX bonus is greater than your normal AP, the EX Bonus is used instead for damage purposes. TP Power. If your teammate has less than half the HP of a given card, this weapon will do damage equal to that card's HP. Does not work on Story Char

But that sounds kinda weird to me. The key is the Damage to EXP. The TP Power thing... that explanation is weird.

Eibra
Mar 15, 2004, 05:40 PM
On 2004-03-15 09:23, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
I mainly use Ino'lis, but I have the same deck copied to Relmitos for when I'm going up against a real challenge.

I suggest not having so many attack weapons in there as canes with high TP. Although his swapping is wonderful, you can do much more damage if you focus on tech damage. Especially with the fork..with a casting of foie, that's 9 hp damage. Dang.

So you might want to consider losing the melee stuff and going for a tech approach. That's what I do, at least...

If I abandoned the AP weapons I'd be abandoning the entire point to rel'mitos. Yeah that 9 hp damage spell is wonderful. But think think about this. Next turn, using a double saber and say spirit boost or asault, he'd be doing (at worst) 8 damage, and potentially say, 13 damage. For the same cost of 2 for the card. Now put them both together (say a good roll, a good hand, you're right up next to the person, have your weapons already out, a lot of preconditions certainly) but you're doing 17-22 damage in one shot. THe potential for damage is staggering, that's why I like him so much. THe catch of course is that it requires a lot of luck for the set up.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I had been looking at the Elysion now I'm convinced it's just what I need for my deck to replace those red sabers. Until I can find them I think I'll put in some katanas and see how well they work (if nothing else, they're justified being there for plot reasons http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Arislan
Mar 15, 2004, 06:19 PM
The TP Power in the Card DB would be an example of Copy Pasting from the earlier translation thread. TP Power means that Damage is raised by 1 for every 3 TP the Story Character has.

Shimarisu
Mar 15, 2004, 08:25 PM
Twinkle Star is a good Relmitos weap, it swaps its AP and TP too which means if you can keep it in line with his own swapping you get excellent damage. Also, play HP attack on it at full HP and it ends up with 9 AP or TP.

- Shimarisu

Stricker
Mar 16, 2004, 09:23 AM
My bro loves that character and he uses diska of braveman, Caduceus and sting tip. They work well Id say. Hes an awesome character.