PDA

View Full Version : Tip: Dragon Tactic

Sharkyland
Mar 15, 2004, 11:10 AM
Hmm, I've been experimenting once again with PSO fighting the damned dragon so many times in TTF runs. I've found out a way to avoid his little running under the ground like an idiot. Haven't tried Ultimate yet with Sil Dragon yet. I will concieve more information once I get to ultimate. This tip is rather useful when you just have too many people running on the field.

TIP: The dome is rather circular and when he dives into the ground and creates a lava hole, go very close to it SO that you don't get hit. If you have done it right, the dragon will charge, but there is no animation of the ground humping up when it reaches the lava hole, so you're perfectly safe. If you get hit, it means you are too far away.

Tell me what you think...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-03-15 08:12 ]</font>

Cap_Canuk
Mar 15, 2004, 11:13 AM
hey, that's something I should try...
I've been generally avoiding the dragon by simply running around the room while sticking close to the walls of the room... it seems to work (at least so far).

I usually have fun running between his legs then shooting him up the back-side with my meteor smash... it gets a hit in on almost every body part! if it weren't so legitimate, it almost feels like cheating!

Rainbowlemon
Mar 15, 2004, 11:23 AM
I've just tried it on Ultimate, but I only managed to try it when the Sil started doing his underground spiral attack. It didn't work then, but i'll try it with the normal underground linear attack in a bit...Where are you supposed to stand next to the hole, in relation to the Dragon? Or does it not matter?

~ Antimony

Sharkyland
Mar 15, 2004, 11:25 AM
Hmm... when your standing for the linear or curve attack, it should be towards the center... for the sil dragon, I would try the opposite side of the spiral movement.

The only reason why I'm saying this is because I got lazy and just let the dragon hit me and just cure self, but he hit me close to the lava hole and being a lazy bastard I am, just stood there near the lava hole. I saw him coming and he didn't hit me... all I said was 'wtf?'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-03-15 08:27 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Mar 15, 2004, 11:29 AM
My Dragon tactic is to run to the wall when he dives, and then change the camera so I'm looking out at the area. I can see his tunneling if it's coming towards me long before it shows on the radar screen, and thus can simply move out of the way.

For Sil Dragon, when he starts his spiral, run out from the wall a bit. The first pass will miss you. Then before he comes around again, run back to the wall onto where he just passed.

These if done right prevent being hit by him when he's underground, and also prevent running into his lava holes/ice mounds while trying to dodge.

And really, is everyone that pathetic that they need to worry about what to do for Bob outside of C-mode?

Rainbowlemon
Mar 15, 2004, 11:39 AM
My usual Dragon tactic is to open up the map in the menu and zoom out to full. That way, it's pretty much impossible to get hit, because you know where it is as soon as it appears.

I can usually kill it before it takes off though. If it does manage to take off, I just keep RAfoie'ing it until it comes back down!

Sharkyland
Mar 15, 2004, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I know those tactics... just explaining something new I found.

rising_sunset
Mar 15, 2004, 11:47 AM
You are aware if you just run around the dome in a circle near the outside the chance of you getting hit is really slim. For sil dragon when he starts to spin and borrow. Wait for the first time to pass then wait for the second time, before the 2nd and the 3rd time make a break for the side and you should get hit. These ways are most safe, your way could get a little risky :/ well, still working on guide. When I'm done you can see the dragon and sil dragon part. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 15, 2004, 11:51 PM
I had that happen to me too, only it was on the Sil. I tried it again on the spiral, and it didn't work. I have my own little way to avoid him. Or I'll be on the phone while playing and I'll just let him hit me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kuea
Mar 16, 2004, 12:53 AM
sorry I don't mean to sound like a jerk but, This is a new tactic?
I have been doing that since I first got the game.
If I had known people didn't know about it I would have posted about that way earlier.

Polar
Mar 16, 2004, 07:58 AM
Lol, people have been doing this since the Dreamcast. On TTF people would ask me why I bothered running about... and then, sheer comedy, the entire rest of the team would get knocked over because they weren't close enough...

TheGoldenVoid
Mar 16, 2004, 09:07 AM
My tactic for the Dragon is far simpler, and MUCH better. When he dives under the ground, stand still and do nothing. When he hits you, heal yourself. The end.

I mean, come on, the Dragon is so easy that 'tactics' are not required.

rising_sunset
Mar 16, 2004, 09:18 AM
On 2004-03-16 06:07, TheGoldenVoid wrote:
My tactic for the Dragon is far simpler, and MUCH better. When he dives under the ground, stand still and do nothing. When he hits you, heal yourself. The end.

I mean, come on, the Dragon is so easy that 'tactics' are not required.

I beg to differ...

If you are not an android I guess it's ok. Since you got yourself a TP bar. But if you are an android and the dragon hit you (let just say on ult sil dragon) It could take away possibly 5/6 of you health. So that would require the healing item of a dimate or a trimate. Since you only can carry 10 max at a time that means 20 healing items. They also don't come up offen. and Especially trimate they are really expensive (2000 meseta). So I don't think you should waste your meseta just to be lazy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif that is if you are an android.

Sharkyland
Mar 16, 2004, 11:52 AM
I just found this out recently...

Butoden
Mar 16, 2004, 01:38 PM
I've been doing the same for a while, it won't always work, either u hit the lava (or ice), or he hits you just a LITTLE bit!!

What I do is open the map (either Multi-Mode or offline single mode by accessing Item Pack-Area Map) and see where Dragon starts. And since he usually moves towards the center of the map, then adjusts his path to hit you, just run one way and you'll be fine.

For Sil's last spin stick close to the edges, be mindful that the first spin will hit you if you're standing ON the ledge, so keep distance. As soon as he past you you need to run to the edge and you'll be fine...

KingChaos
Mar 16, 2004, 01:42 PM
thats old

go with nug bazooka, gi gue bazooka or heaven punisher or j sword do special when he flyin up

Afrokilla
Mar 18, 2004, 12:01 AM
I dont know where u guys have been, but those strategies are REALLY old! Maybe I've been accustomed to it for so long that it seems natural but I've been doing those strategies since Ver.1.

Para
Mar 18, 2004, 12:12 AM
Most interested but I never tried because usually when he dives down, the general strategy I use is run around the outer rim of the dome and usually it works.

squeak
Mar 18, 2004, 07:52 AM
i do that on the regular modes but it really sucks on ult. if you run too close youll get stuck freezing and if you wiggle the stick to get out you might walk more into it and freeze again lol

but on cmode, the strategy is you take less damage from lava than you do from the hit. so just run into it on purpose so you can control not dieing.

goku4ever
Mar 18, 2004, 12:17 PM
u can find this stuff on the internet

IceBurner
Mar 18, 2004, 04:20 PM
Something I'ev always wondered about: If you have Cure/Freeze, can you safely stand on Sil Dragon's frozen tunnel "holes"?

Kuea
Mar 18, 2004, 04:25 PM
of course I did

Saffran
Mar 18, 2004, 04:36 PM
Ice Burner : no. You'll get frozen and immediately un-freeze, only to freeze again one second later - but wait, you've already unfrozen! Move? Frozen again. Getting out of here sounds like a good idea... but you're already dead anyway.

_Sinue_
Mar 21, 2004, 10:20 AM
GoldenVoid - You're not meant to level up to around lvl 8 before taking on the dragon. By all means, you could take him down at level 1 (provided you could get to him without leveling up) with the proper tactics. This is expecially helpful in Time Attack Cmode games.

My Dragon tactic is to run to the wall when he dives, and then change the camera so I'm looking out at the area. I can see his tunneling if it's coming towards me long before it shows on the radar screen, and thus can simply move out of the way. - Ian-KunX

That right there is my strategy. Actually, before he even starts tunneling.. you'll see the ground rise up temporarily a second before he starts digging. You'll know that's his starting point, and it's far easier to dodge his attack if you start running early.

Another Dragon Tip: When he rises up out of the ground after tunneling - STAY BEHIND HIM. If you get out to his sides or in front, he'll target you and try to do his breath attack. After which he'll rise up and do his Drill/Tunnel attack again. If you can keep him walking in circles, he will never attack you again.. because for some reason.. he can't break his pattern. Simply equip a decent handgun or rifle.. or use a tech he's weak against and keep blasting him from behind. You'll take him out much quicker, without having to worry about dodging his drill attack after the first one.

Butoden
Mar 21, 2004, 10:27 AM
OR you could open up the radar map and spot his location (an orange dot) instead of looking at the field trying to spot a little movement from where he's coming, etc.

Sharkyland
Mar 21, 2004, 01:23 PM
Im curious can you get hit by the tail of the dragon? My friend he got hit by it and got killed.

Saffran
Mar 21, 2004, 07:15 PM
Yes, you can. It hit me when the dragon was flying, to boot.

_Sinue_
Mar 21, 2004, 07:55 PM
Yeah, you can.. so you shouldn't stay DIRECTLY behind him.. but more off to the side, but behind his legs. He moves in a circular pattern anyhow - so it shouldn't be a problem. It happens a lot less in the NGC version than it did on the DC version I noticed. The only time I've ever been hit by the dragon's tail on Ep I & II. It was a Cmode game, and I was only lvl 3 because I was trying to get back down to my old DC time of 9:30. We had a noobish HUmar in the room who had already died - and I knew he was going to get killed by the dragon, so I gave him my scape doll. Of course.. he did die at the dragon.. but while I was behind it, he nailed me with his tail swoosh after getting up.

Suprised me, because at the time.. I had thought they took the Tail Swoosh attack out, or at least, wouldn't let it connect. *Shrug* The famous last words on my Tomb Stone stand a testament to what was going on at the time... "Here, Take my Scape Doll."

Also, you could open up the expanded Radar map in your items menu.. but I find it faster and more convienent to just look around. It takes half a second, and because of that slight rise in the ground before he starts tunneling - you still have plenty of time to get out of it's way.