PDA

View Full Version : Tekkers

Kuea
Mar 15, 2004, 07:33 PM
Well I can't find anything like this in a guide so, when you talk to the lady in the store area she says each tekker has their own abilities (or something like that).
What does she mean? what are there skill?

Sef
Mar 15, 2004, 07:35 PM
I thought it meant it would just make your weapon different. So instead of one kind of brand, you get a ice brand or something...

I don't know if it deals with percents though...That's probably for everyone.

Alighieri
Mar 15, 2004, 07:38 PM
I`m not entirely sure but isn`t this about identification? Like tekkers from different sec ID`s can identify a single unknown item as something else? Or it could be just a meaningless sentence "They have different abilities (...)"

Ketchup345
Mar 15, 2004, 07:44 PM
As far as I know it is either meaningless, or the element of ????Weapon changes depending on what tekker you bring it to.

I believe it just gives a hint that each ID finds different items, and nothing more though.

Kuea
Mar 15, 2004, 08:01 PM
oh well.... thanks for the help.

btw ketchup are you REALLY invinceable?

rising_sunset
Mar 15, 2004, 08:08 PM
I really do not think there is any difference other then the act of how they look. I don't know, just a thought.

Cc08
Mar 15, 2004, 09:05 PM
I don't know if it deals with percents though...That's probably for everyone.The tekker does not affect what the percents change to... a percent can get +- 10% from what it was when it was a ???...

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 15, 2004, 11:56 PM
Actually, if you tek a ??? a few times, it special will change within the same kind. For example, you want some burning vulcans, but you get flame vulcans. If you don't except his decision, and tek it again, you might get burning; the higher one, or fire; the lower one.

Rainbowlemon
Mar 16, 2004, 12:14 PM
I'll have a check...I've always wondered about that, never really bothered to inquire about it though.

*Meh*

heyf00L
Mar 16, 2004, 12:19 PM
What a ??? weapon's special is stored on the weapon itself. There is no difference between what the tekkers do. They do serve a purpose tho. You can use them to see what section ID the game currently is in.

Xero_Silvera
Mar 16, 2004, 12:38 PM
Umm.. i think she means the tekker can specialize in a certain kind of weapon more. Like (this is pure speculation, but eh) with my skyly tekker... probably more adept in tekking up swords then say.. mechguns? Actually i have no proof whatsoever.. but maybe? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
-xero

Butoden
Mar 16, 2004, 12:57 PM
I once read here that Yellowbooze often gets higher
%s on weapons...

heyf00L
Mar 16, 2004, 01:05 PM
On 2004-03-16 09:57, Butoden wrote:
I once read here that Yellowbooze often gets higher
%s on weapons...

That's possible. The % generating info is defined for every section ID. Usually it's the same. I could look at Yellowboze but I'm lazy. I've been meaning to see if Pinkal actually gets Tech Disks more often.

Hrith
Mar 16, 2004, 01:11 PM
look there heyf00l http://www.housoka.com/pso/index.php
look at Weapons > PE Attachment (Yellowboze)
it differs in Ep2, especially for Hit%

but for any question, ask Sounomi http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Butoden
Mar 16, 2004, 01:26 PM
Good, I was right.
So does that also mean they can find higher %s in Shops or is that totally different from finding weapons from monsters/boxes??

Ketchup345
Mar 16, 2004, 01:45 PM
On 2004-03-16 10:26, Butoden wrote:
So does that also mean they can find higher %s in Shops or is that totally different from finding weapons from monsters/boxes??

Shops are different. You can only find a maximum of 50% in the shop in a maximum of 2 areas (all IDs can do that). Enemy and box drops are the only things that change.

And yes, I pretty much am.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-03-16 10:46 ]</font>

heyf00L
Mar 16, 2004, 02:22 PM
Well that's good b/c I really don't feel like learning how to read all of that drop info crap. The only good guide I've ever seen was in Japanese for PSO PC and it took me a very long time just to figure out the tech disk section. ;/

Soukosa
Mar 16, 2004, 02:43 PM
On 2004-03-16 11:22, heyf00L wrote:
Well that's good b/c I really don't feel like learning how to read all of that drop info crap. The only good guide I've ever seen was in Japanese for PSO PC and it took me a very long time just to figure out the tech disk section. ;/

I was only able to find a couple of JP sites that deal with the PC version. I managed to make sense of the ItemRT, most of the ItemPT stuff, and the battle param stuff. I'm slowly taking all of what I can figure out and putting them into guides on my site, but it's a fairly time consuming project.

Polar
Mar 16, 2004, 04:03 PM
Speaking from personalexperience, I think it affects the chance of GETTING that +10% to base. For example, my Greenil can usually get the +10% on a RIFLE (Greenil best find) after only a few tries; tekking a sword, for example, will generally get me a lot of -5% and -10% to base, and sometimes never the +10%.

heyf00L
Mar 17, 2004, 04:48 PM
I wish I was smarter a year ago. Not much benefit in figuring it all out now.
I'm actually attempting to learn PHP now. And if I could ever get my dang host to set up MySQL...
...I wish I could set up my own server but I ain't doing that.
Oh well, yeah, it's too late now.

VulpesMundi
Mar 17, 2004, 06:33 PM
On 2004-03-15 16:44, Ketchup345 wrote:
As far as I know it is either meaningless, or the element of ????Weapon changes depending on what tekker you bring it to.

I believe it just gives a hint that each ID finds different items, and nothing more though.

That's a good possibility. Someone who fluently understands japanese should talk to that lady in jp mode and see what she really says. It's possible it was mistranslated a bit, as this is typical of ST's translators.

But as for what she says in english, I think it's another of ST's infamous red herrings. All tekkers do exactly the same thing. I think their visual differences is simply to indicate which section ID is in effect. I suppose it is possible that there may be a variance in their ability to tekk certain weapon classes better, faster, but I haven't noticed any difference. Besides, that sounds like it'd be too complicated for ST to even consider programming, considering they're so goddammed lazy. =-.-=