PDA

View Full Version : Where does this come from?

kazuma56
Mar 15, 2004, 08:50 PM
Everytime I hear people talk about Rangers compared to others they always say "I don't like rangers ebcause I find shooting the enemies all the time just plain boring" but then that same person will say "Melee Fomar's are great, they can range and fight at the same time".... okay, is there something i'm missing here? A Ranger has better ATP,ATA,Def and EVP (depending on char) than Fomars and can range and melee too, so why is it that I always here the above when it comes to rangers but not to forces? (Fomars/Fomarls?) They can't melee until higher lvls while Rangers can melee like hu's at lower lvls but not as much.

Direlect
Mar 15, 2004, 08:55 PM
just because they "can,"

and because RAmars get boring because they shoot, while melee forces can melee( the exact opposite of what they do) and cast spells.

Cc08
Mar 15, 2004, 08:58 PM
Its a lot more interesting to watch a character cast different types of spells that have cool animations than to watch a character shoot a JUSTY or a SPREAD NEEDLE all the time... and they can use techs and melee... so if they get tired of using their gun (holy ray or w/e gun they use) they can go back and use techs...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cc08 on 2004-03-15 17:58 ]</font>

Sef
Mar 15, 2004, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking it's because all you really do is watch a laser fly out of a gun and then an enemy falling far away.

Kuea
Mar 15, 2004, 09:23 PM
well to me there is no differance I am a RAmar. I can melee, shoot a gun or use techs.
same a a force(except lower tech but higher damage)
there is no god damned differancee other than the fact a FOmar Is almost always god awful with melee.

the short and simple people prefer FOmar because it is a challenge to do it melee.
like come on with a hunter you can get tired of running up killing one thing then getting hit by anothe enemy.
also exact same thing with the forces at a distance BOOM big spell enemy dead in the distance.

well at least thats my opinion

Cheep
Mar 15, 2004, 09:25 PM
If people have that logic why haven't they realized the whole game is extremly repeatative no matter what class? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Xero_Silvera
Mar 15, 2004, 09:42 PM
i already have! ^.^ and i <3 it nonetheless
-xero

navci
Mar 15, 2004, 11:05 PM
On 2004-03-15 18:25, Cheep wrote:
If people have that logic why haven't they realized the whole game is extremly repeatative no matter what class? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Listen to the wise one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 15, 2004, 11:21 PM
It is really repetative, but I still seem to stay interested.

I don't like melee forces, cause even with their boosts, they're not as good at it. I think rangers are fun, (I used to think they sucked, but that was cause my friend's ranger just sucks) but their weapons are mush cooler than forces', and I don't think they're more repetative than any other class. My Ramarl has some really good weapons.

Kuea
Mar 15, 2004, 11:26 PM
yeah RAmarls with handguns are the coolest, never get tired of the pose

heyf00L
Mar 16, 2004, 12:58 PM
I don't like Rangers because they're all forced to use the same weapons. Every Ranger has to have a Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, and some mechgun.

I guess the same could be said about Melee FOmars, tho. They all have a Twin Saber, Mechgun, and Rainbow Baton.

I like using Hunters because there are tons of different saber, twin sabers, twin swords, swords, partisans, and guns that are all powerful/useable so (excluding cheaters) you usually don't see someone with the exact same equipment as you.

oeagrus
Mar 16, 2004, 01:09 PM
Very true! You never see 95% of all HUnters just using just the TJ sword, a BKB and a mechgun of some sort.

What you can see is the sarcasm dripping from that last statement. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

heyf00L
Mar 16, 2004, 01:41 PM
Did you not see the "(excluding cheaters)" part of my post? I know most cheaters use the same equipment.

Ketchup345
Mar 16, 2004, 01:58 PM
On 2004-03-16 09:58, heyf00L wrote:
I don't like Rangers because they're all forced to use the same weapons. Every Ranger has to have a Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, and some mechgun.

What about those RAngers that also carry around melee equipment? Or does noone do that?

My RAmarl carries around a Double Saber and uses it often. I also pick up partisans occasionally and swing them around. I also use Diskas at Dal Ra Lie. But I do carry around a Frozen Shooter, Mechguns, and a Shot (due to lack of Spread Needle).

Also, I know Kefka melees more with his RAmarl than going ranged.

Not all RAngers use the same equipment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-03-16 10:58 ]</font>

kazuma56
Mar 16, 2004, 08:22 PM
Ketchup, I'm the same way, if any of you here haved viewed my last thread about my Ramars equipment you would know that I have some good melee weps in there as well, as a RAmar, I melee and shoot from a distance, the only difference with a Fomar is the fact that his distance attacks are more flashy "woah... flashy lights equals total PWNage...." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Orange_kid
Mar 17, 2004, 12:31 AM
The game is gonna be repetitive no matter what you pick, and although I stick to my psycho wand, I still think FOmars with mechguns are hilarious (Even though they hit 1 out of a million times).

Kuea
Mar 17, 2004, 02:08 AM
my old char was really good for not being repetitive. I used MKB for melee and guns for range and he wasn't too bad with techs either