PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Soul Quest

psojohndoe2
Mar 16, 2004, 03:04 AM
Alright, I just finished the Ep.3 download Quest "Kid's Soul"

You have to play as an Arkz, and you must protect Sil'fer. Sil'fer starts 1 block away from the two COM opponents (RA and FO Arkz) and mainly equips Steady Damage weapons (Chameleon Scythe, Cross Scar).

The Arkz both use machine decks, mainly filled with Recons, and Sinow Beats, but i've seen them summon Baranz, Sinow Beat+, Recon+, Sinow Zele (i believe Zele ^_^) and March of the Meek, Rich, Mine Brightness.

Everyone has 25 HP, and you have to kill one of them before Sil'fer dies.

Screenshots of the Nintendo Kid's Magazine, Sinow Beat+, Recon+ will be on my my card pics list, i'll update that topic in the next hour or so.

GyroidFanatic
Mar 16, 2004, 05:21 AM
It seems like us US players cannot play this quest. I've tried logging on in both English and Japanese languages, and there is still no option.

psojohndoe2
Mar 16, 2004, 05:41 AM
Yup, not available to US players yet it seems.

decswxaqz
Mar 16, 2004, 05:55 AM
Yet again, screwed up the a**. Sorry for my rather frank expression, but true.

A quest that is released during the US release of PSO and still ST don't make it available at the same time. Every if it comes soon, the point is it should be released at the same time....

meh. Gone off topic so I'll stop my little rant. About to do test I know very little about and it's not really my fault since noone else can do it -.-;.

psojohndoe2
Mar 16, 2004, 06:08 AM
Well, the way I see it is, ST has been releasing quest after quest recently for Ep.3, and their first goal is the JP players, it does take time for translation for us english folk. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm also thinking they might be working on the english translation for Memory of a Green Star at the moment, and that could take a while, as that quest has more text than several offline quests put together http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I don't think ST will ignore US players much longer in regards to the quests, though speaking frankly, I'm not sure the US should get the Appreciation online quests, since it was all JP people giving cards to Akiyama and YK3 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It'd be neat if the US players got to do something like that too.

GyroidFanatic
Mar 16, 2004, 06:13 AM
On 2004-03-16 03:08, psojohndoe2 wrote:
I'm not sure the US should get the Appreciation online quests, since it was all JP people giving cards to Akiyama and YK3 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It'd be neat if the US players got to do something like that too.

We got Maximum Attack 2 for Ep1&2 where we killed monsters so Japanese players could win fantastic prizes.

Jack
Mar 16, 2004, 06:37 AM
On 2004-03-16 02:55, decswxaqz wrote:
Yet again, screwed up the a**. Sorry for my rather frank expression, but true.

You don't get Nintendo Kids in the US, so why should you get the Nintendo Kids quest? Besides, if you hang on a while, something more US-centric is coming.

*spoiler*
There's an EGM Magazine card, and a Game Informer card in the game. They'll be released later.

psojohndoe2
Mar 16, 2004, 06:48 AM
Agreed, after all, there's an EGM magazine in the game too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

decswxaqz
Mar 16, 2004, 07:13 AM
heheh yes. But will they actually pull through and give the goods? The list I posted was a MAYBE list. Just because it's there, doesn't mean it'll be used.

For example, *SPOILERS*pal rappy and photon blasts*END SPOILERS*

EDIT: And unless ST will put more cards on the EU disc, it doesn't seem like EU will get any magazine cards at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decswxaqz on 2004-03-16 04:15 ]</font>

Arislan
Mar 16, 2004, 07:28 AM
Not likely, since the card would have to be on the other disks to be able to see the opponent using it. I think the EU players are just out of luck on that one.

decswxaqz
Mar 16, 2004, 07:34 AM
I guess they could send the card data to any other cube. Like they do with card updates.
Not content with the fact EU get it nearly a year later, we get a lot less special cards. Even if they might be rubbish, it's the principal of the thing.
In theory it sounded good. Releasing cards online. But the truth of the matter is, on Episode 1&2, we could at least have a chance of getting the rarer items (albeit the JP get a year ahead of us rare hunting). On Ep3, we can't get them at all.

SeiferA
Mar 16, 2004, 08:53 AM
Is it possible to play this quest multiple times to get multiple cards?

If so, then the only other way I see an american player getting these cards is through a person who've played the quest...

...and quite frankly, if the quest can be done multiple times like other quests, then I see this as an easy task.

psojohndoe2
Mar 16, 2004, 09:00 AM
No, you can only obtain 1 of *ANY* E Card, and they are not tradeable.

LeRoy_G
Mar 16, 2004, 09:20 AM
hmm seems like i am a lil late. anyway:

Nintendo Kids Quest

its a download quest, which can be obtained by selecting "Download" istead of "Select Ship". when there a more than choises its the lowest one. then go offline to multi player mode and go to Quests.

battle grid

E1XX
XSXE2
XXXX
OOOX
XXXX
XOOO
XXXX
OOOX
XPXX

S= sil fer
E= Enemy
P= Player
O= Barrier
as already known u must save Sil fer. doing so u must use a Ark. to win the battle u have to knock out one of the Enemys.

one Enemy is the already known Ramar from the offline multi quests. the other one is a Fomarl (which i personnally have nevers seen before). both are Arks and use a nice Machine with mine brightness and low cost monsters +2 assist cards.

also watch out that the battle does not take too long, coz Sil fer is a little dumb. she uses weapons that take away her HP, and sometimes puts up assist cards instead of equipping weapons or shields.

after winning the battle u get the already known Nintendo Kids Mag. u only get it once. doing the quest over and over again will not get u more Mags.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeRoy_G on 2004-03-16 06:33 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Mar 16, 2004, 09:30 AM
Ooo, that map sux. Sil'fer dumb... noooo.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 16, 2004, 09:37 AM
http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/jfields/nintendokids.jpg http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/jfields/nintendokids2.jpg
Video going up tonight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-03-16 06:42 ]</font>

decswxaqz
Mar 16, 2004, 09:57 AM
Would be interesting to see if they adopt a "normal" magazine style if they release any EU/US mags. The JP mag cards are backward (yes I know that's how a lot of material is printed in Japan. It's backward to us).

EDIT: Nice to see ST haven't let us down with spelling mistakes OF THEIR OWN GAME.
Pantasy Star Online anyone???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decswxaqz on 2004-03-16 06:58 ]</font>

Jools
Mar 16, 2004, 10:53 AM
Ha Ha

Getintothegame
Mar 16, 2004, 11:51 AM
On 2004-03-16 06:57, decswxaqz wrote:
Would be interesting to see if they adopt a "normal" magazine style if they release any EU/US mags. The JP mag cards are backward (yes I know that's how a lot of material is printed in Japan. It's backward to us).

EDIT: Nice to see ST haven't let us down with spelling mistakes OF THEIR OWN GAME.
Pantasy Star Online anyone???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decswxaqz on 2004-03-16 06:58 ]</font>

TO ALL TRIAL USER AND EVERY HUNTERS OF RAGOL.
Might be a glitch with what I'm using, hehehe.

But yeah, haha. Nice find.

Look at this one, too.
http://dynamic2b.gamespy.com/~psoworld/downloads/wallpaper/wp1.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-03-16 09:13 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Mar 16, 2004, 07:40 PM
Nites posted something similar in the Site Related or Off Topic menu.