PDA

View Full Version : serial number

Orange_kid
Mar 16, 2004, 08:07 PM
does anybody know if you can change the serial number and access key? You know, without starting a new memory card file.

VioletSkye
Mar 16, 2004, 08:16 PM
delete the Network file and then when you try to connect to the online servers it will ask you to input that info again.

Orange_kid
Mar 17, 2004, 12:08 AM
uhh thanks for trying to help, but it only erased my isp info. the serial and access stayed in the system http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VioletSkye
Mar 17, 2004, 12:26 AM
Hmmm, sorry about that. I was thinking the Network card was where that info was stored but then I remembered it was also tied in with the Guild Card file and Character file. So unless you start over with new chars, I don't think you can switch the serial and access key. Definitely do NOT delete your System file or you will lose everything. I tested a few minutes ago by deleting the Network file and like you said that didn't work, so I deleted my Guildcard file also and that didn't work either, which leaves only the Character file and System file (unless you have a Snapshot file on there also.)

Orange_kid
Mar 17, 2004, 12:34 AM
Aah well. Thanks for trying Violet.

KingChaos
Mar 22, 2004, 05:04 PM
did you lose all chars?

if yes unlucky