PDA

View Full Version : The Books of Katana have to have a meaning...

Spike
Apr 19, 2001, 05:24 PM
As you all should know by now (I've only stated it a million times, heh), you don't need the Books of Katana to change the real Agito into Orotiagito. But if you look on that GameShark code list of rares you will see 2 Orotiagito's listed (the other one being spelled slightly different). My guess is that the Books of Katana have something to do with getting that (they HAVE to have a meaning, otherwise they wouldn't be so rare).

Anyways, I have every fake Agito, an unchanged real Agito, a changed real Agito (Orotiagito), and Books of Katana 1 & 3. Yesterday I was able to borrow Book of Katana2 from a friend to finally see if the tekker in the Seek My Master quest will change it into that other Orotiagito. I put all my Agitos and the Books in my inventory and talked to tekker only to be disappointed. He just says the exact same thing as if you don't have the Books in your inventory. So I declined when he asked me to change it into Orotiagito. Hopefully someone can figure out how to get him to change it into the other one. When I find another real Agito I'll have him change it. Maybe after you accept he notices the Books? I don't know.

Cube
Apr 19, 2001, 06:01 PM
This is a good question. I have actually been wondering this for queit a while. My personal belief however is that it was a typo. Unles.....sega has somehting planed for us..

The_Saint
Apr 19, 2001, 06:14 PM
This may be kinda dumb...
i was gonna try this out myself but i have given up searching for those things....

Maybe.. you take the books to that girl in the seek my master quest??
the one by the shops who is SO interested in old swords??
like i said i dunno. 'Cause all i have is a 2001 AGITO.
heh. Ohttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

merlin
Apr 19, 2001, 09:09 PM
A friend of mine has one of those books and doesnt know what to do with it either. Hmm.... it just takes up space in his bank.

zanza
Apr 19, 2001, 09:51 PM
[quote]
On 2001-04-19 15:24, Spike wrote:
As you all should know by now (I've only stated it a million times, heh), you don't need the Books of Katana to change the real Agito into Orotiagito. But if you look on that GameShark code list of rares you will see 2 Orotiagito's listed (the other one being spelled slightly different). My guess is that the Books of Katana have something to do with getting that (they HAVE to have a meaning, otherwise they wouldn't be so rare).

Anyways, I have every fake Agito, an unchanged real Agito, a changed real Agito (Orotiagito), and Books of Katana 1 & 3. Yesterday I was able to borrow Book of Katana2 from a friend to finally see if the tekker in the Seek My Master quest will change it into that other Orotiagito. I put all my Agitos and the Books in my inventory and talked to tekker only to be disappointed. He just says the exact same thing as if you don't have the Books in your inventory. So I declined when he asked me to change it into Orotiagito. Hopefully someone can figure out how to get him to change it into the other one. When I find another real Agito I'll have him change it. Maybe after you accept he notices the Books? I don't know.

I'VE BEEN TRYING JUST AS HARD AS YOU SPIKE....I EVEN MADE A SKYLY CHARACTER SO I COULD GET A '75 AGITO.(STILL HAVEN'T THO:/)
OH WELL.....ANYONE WANT BOOKS OF KATANAS 1,2,3???http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

zanza
Apr 19, 2001, 09:51 PM
[quote]
On 2001-04-19 15:24, Spike wrote:

I'VE BEEN TRYING JUST AS HARD AS YOU SPIKE....I EVEN MADE A SKYLY CHARACTER SO I COULD GET A '75 AGITO.(STILL HAVEN'T THO:/)
OH WELL.....ANYONE WANT BOOKS OF KATANAS 1,2,3???http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Shir
Apr 19, 2001, 11:40 PM
I just want a Book of Katana 1.
But anyway. If the game shark codes listed two of them, then why not just make a new character, and someone use a game shark to get both swords and compare. If the characters whole point in life is to look at the swords, you won't have to worry about getting in trouble on the servers since you won't play him.

Spike
Apr 20, 2001, 03:08 AM
On 2001-04-19 21:40, Shir wrote:
I just want a Book of Katana 1.
But anyway. If the game shark codes listed two of them, then why not just make a new character, and someone use a game shark to get both swords and compare. If the characters whole point in life is to look at the swords, you won't have to worry about getting in trouble on the servers since you won't play him.

Argh, my ID finds Book 1 all the time in Caves. If only I could find Book 2... Heh.

To answer your second question, because I don't know any GameShark users. I don't hang out with any dupers/traders, just legit people.

Cube
Apr 20, 2001, 03:26 AM
"To answer your second question, because I don't know any GameShark users. I don't hang out with any dupers/traders, just legit people."

*tear drops*

I love this guy. Thats why hes in the EA. Show me a purer player then this!

Swirly
Apr 20, 2001, 03:49 AM
Very interesting, I think I'll test this out when I get the chance. I had all 3 books and I heard that all they do is increase your chances of finding an Agito. Who knows though? Maybe somebody can ask Sonic Team.

Shir
Apr 20, 2001, 03:56 AM
I have a spare book 2. If you have a spare book 1, I'll be happy to trade. Book 2's are all I find! I only have book 3 because one of my other characters found it.

Dragon-Ibuki
Apr 20, 2001, 04:20 AM
Heh...be a nut and talk to everyone in every quest with those books. I'd do it, but I NEVER find anything. Ah well....for once I found a book...but that's it...nothing more...*sob* Back to work then!

-BK-
Apr 20, 2001, 11:03 AM
I've heard that there is a forth book, maybe you should try to find that one too. Then again, I could be wrong and sound really stupid right now. BTW: Purity is the only way for me as well, all those that stand for this are awesome in my eyes.

[addsig]"Live by the sword, die by the sword."

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: hagakura on 2001-04-20 09:06 ]</font>

MechDan
Apr 20, 2001, 11:05 AM
I guess a player could be "purer" if they don't hang out with traders (i.e. people with duped/hacked items). That wouldn't be me, of course, since I have real life friends who accept duped/hacked items.

I personally have no problems with playing with dupers/hackers, as long as they don't use that stuff to spoil the game. I want all my own items to be legit, though, so I'd never trade. There's just no way to tell if an item was duped/hacked (unless it's a Lavis Cannon or Heaven Punisher which can't be found legitimately at all--in which case you KNOW it's duped/hacked).

Lmnopia
Apr 20, 2001, 11:53 AM
right...? you dont need the books then what are they for ... i imusta missed something... oh well if any one needs an extra book i got 2 up for a legit trade...

-BK-
Apr 20, 2001, 12:12 PM
I have a friend that dupes items only to share with his other character, but other than that the only other dupers that I can stomach are the ones that dupe so that all the members of thier clan can have the same weapon. But, alas, I am clanless, not to mention onlineless. Have fun playing without me for awhile, but when ver2 comes out, watch you back, because Hagakura is cleaning house.