PDA

View Full Version : Rico's Glasses (btw... WTF!!!)

RicoRoyal
Mar 17, 2004, 02:21 PM
I just thought I'd share this bit of "luck" streak I've had in just a few hours. First, it's important to note that I like using my Whitill FOnewm in Ruins alot (best damn drops around in there). In order to level up with ease, I do nonstop Retired Hunter Runs. Donoph is a great meat shield btw. I don't actually do the whole run; only up to where Donoph says "we're half way there." So anywho, ever since I made this character, I've experienced very odd luck (finding rather rare items but never getting the common stuff). Yesterday and just right now is no exception to my odd "luck". Just last night I found my first Rico's Glasses. I don't have, nor will I ever use a FOmarl, but the drop was nice to see anyways. It was safely stored in my bank.

This is where it gets.... weird... Just 5 minutes ago, I go and do a quick run because I had a funny feeling about finding me some Red Mechguns... but nope, no mechguns. Instead I find myself another one of those Rico's Glasses... I was really hoping for a photon drop. But wait, it gets even better!!! In ther room right after that one, I get ... (drumrole please)... Rico's Glasses!!!! Yes, 3 of them in less than 24 hours... Is this right? I could have swore the drop rate on these things was a little thougher than 1/10. Shouldnt it be somewhere closer to 1/1100. What's even more odd is that eversince I started doing these runs, I've found 3 PDs from the Arlans before finding my percentless Meteor Cudgel... and I also got TWO Belra's Arm from those Retired Hunter runs.... keep in mind that the section of the quest that I do runs on only has 1 indi per run. Also... I got 4 PDs from claws... then suddenly, in 3 consecutive runs, 3 Perfect/Resist. So I say to you all, what the f**k!!!!

I think my game just went haywire on me. I have a theory about the randomness of drops. Despite them being random in one way or another, they still seem to abide by their predetermined drop rates. The huge amount of PD's from claws seems to have been countered by the three resist units. I don't quite get what's up with my Arlans... and those Merlans are just being stingy for the hell of it (no PD, no mechs). My only serious concern has to do with the Del-D. Now that I just got three glasses from them, do you all suppose my luck has run dry on them for the next couple of 100 hours, or is the game really just hating me so much?

Oh, btw, 4 Belra arms are up for trade as are those shit-tacular glasses.

KingChaos
Mar 17, 2004, 02:31 PM
Trade 2 Of Them You'll get good legit stuff for those as they a re legit

Bender202
Mar 17, 2004, 02:59 PM
I know what u mean, sometimes i just get the good stuff in streaks:

monday: (both happened about 30mins apart)
hildetorr: frozen shooter (20/0/0/20/25)
hildetorr: red saber (0/0/0/40/30)

Since, then 120 crimson assassins and 0 9000M.
O and 3 pouilly slimes and 1 worthless demo comet wit no hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bender202 on 2004-03-17 12:08 ]</font>

Cc08
Mar 17, 2004, 03:01 PM
Wow, nice finds... Wish I was on a streak like that

Rainbowlemon
Mar 17, 2004, 03:46 PM
Heh. I had a good luck streak not long ago, with my syncesta. Don't worry though, all that good luck will no doubt have gone now, and you'll spend the next two months finding absolutely f**k all!

Check my sig...still searching...

Blue-Hawk
Mar 17, 2004, 07:03 PM
Good luck on the mechs. I'm still trying to get those to drop. Even after close to 5o whitil runs, not in a row mind you, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I STILL have yet to see a Meteor Cudgle, and after a year of killing in multiple ID's, a Red Mech. I did, however, get the glasseas a while back so go figure. Now, if I can only get the earings. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ShinAsura666
Mar 17, 2004, 07:06 PM
lol tell me about it.Ages ago(like about a week after it came out in the uk)i was just doin random runs of forest/caves/temple first off i found a victor axe then a twin brand.Didnt think much of that and went to forest where i found a stag(my first one)then my red saber(hildetorr),dragons claw.then i went to the caves only to get a sange and a demo comet.thought this was weird given i was only playin for like 2hours max.I'm a skyly btw.

Saffran
Mar 18, 2004, 11:41 AM
It always gets me with my Whitill HUnewearl. 2 God Abilities in the same room... and about 10 god units form that same Ruins run.
A few days ago, I made another VH Ruins run. I got another Perfect Resist, a Resist Devil, a HP Revival, a God Mind, about 30 mats, and -8- 4slots armors ranging from Valiant to Guardian.
o_O that character is NEVER going to find anything useful in Ultimate. I already gave up on the 4 slots Nelgal... (which my Humar finds in Forest every other day...)

Hrith
Mar 18, 2004, 01:07 PM
On 2004-03-18 08:41, Saffran wrote:
It always gets me with my Whitill HUnewearl. 2 God Abilities in the same room... and about 10 god units form that same Ruins run.
A few days ago, I made another VH Ruins run. I got another Perfect Resist, a Resist Devil, a HP Revival, a God Mind, about 30 mats, and -8- 4slots armors ranging from Valiant to Guardian.
o_O that character is NEVER going to find anything useful in Ultimate. I already gave up on the 4 slots Nelgal... (which my Humar finds in Forest every other day...)
When coming to a NGC topic and posting DV v2 finds, please make sure to mention it.

Jarek
Mar 19, 2004, 07:45 PM
wow...
i would probably trade somehting for one of those glasses as my main character is a FOmarl. i have a whitill char, but they are still in the caves at the moment.
and i used to have red mechs, but, sadly, my brother was using them (since he's a RAmar) and they got lost somewhere down the line. i haven't let him forget it either.
just pm me sometime about those glasses. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

punkasssss
Mar 19, 2004, 08:02 PM
I have the earings somewhere, but they were given to me and are sadly not legit I'm sure. They do look cool though.