PDA

View Full Version : Gettin my cube online

ShinAsura666
Mar 17, 2004, 06:57 PM
I was just wonderin if its possible to get my cube online usin my dial up modem but ive got broadband in my house.I live in uk and they dont sell bb adaptors over here(well not any more)

Crystal_Shard
Mar 17, 2004, 07:07 PM
Yep. I use dial up and works pretty well. Simply set up your internet provider's dial up settings
into the GC, and that's it.

The connection is good enough for a decent game, although you might experience some lag.

punkasssss
Mar 17, 2004, 07:25 PM
I would recommend using the broad band adapter if you can find one. Try searching online for it. Also if you use the dial up modem but already have broadband internet access, won't you have to get another ISP, and have another bill?

Ghaleon
Mar 17, 2004, 08:13 PM
i had to order my broadband online, but its worth it...now for the keyboard

Sharkyland
Mar 18, 2004, 12:24 PM
I dunno if you get a router for your broadband and use a modem wireless hookup, maybe... but like I said I dunno.

Rich_T
Mar 18, 2004, 06:32 PM
if youve got a broadband conection on your house, you would be beter off with a broadband adaptor in your gamecube.
if you have a modem hers osme settings that will enable you to go online with pso.

IMPRTANT: READ THIS FIRST

to use the folowing settings you will be charged per minute to your phone bill, wich arives every three months.
The standard Brittish telecom charges for using an 0845 local rate service as listed below are as follows:
Monday to friday
8am through to 6pm 4p per minute (peak rate)
6pm through the night to 8am the next day 1p per minute ( off peak)

Weekends
Friday 6pm through the weekend to Monday morning 8am 1p per minute

now for the settings for your modem
Username : sega
password: sega
dial up number 0845 6041482

please take note of the access charges above, remember the phone bill will arive once every three months

radicldreamer
Mar 20, 2004, 12:29 AM
Yeah, you could probably find a BBA on eBay or something. I was a bit lucky, I found mine at a local store, and they said they only get one per month and that they sell quick.