PDA

View Full Version : Search for stag or stick with musashi?

Xero_Silvera
Mar 17, 2004, 09:32 PM
I made the redria Humar that the people suggested, and yea, the secret gear is pretty decent. Hes level 22 currently and at Hard Ruins... He's using my twinked stuff.. lvl 200 varaha mag, +34 Dragon slayer with %30 hit.. +32 Rappys Fan.. i was wondering.. im about to switch him over to my +40 musashis, but i could go do a cuple vhard temple runs for stag cutlery drop barba ray (64 skyly HUcaseal).. should i bother? its only a 1/13 drop, and i want it for looks / collection.. but is it just a waste of time..? just curious..
-xero

Cc08
Mar 17, 2004, 09:49 PM
Stick with the Musashi... the stag isn't that powerful, and I found the Musashi/Yamato to be a big help for Hard/Vhard

Kuea
Mar 17, 2004, 09:49 PM
go for the stag because it's slightly faster not sure about strength too lazy to check.
but even so It's always a good weapon to get.

Xero_Silvera
Mar 17, 2004, 09:55 PM
I have enough grinders in bank to max out the stag.. but im sure musashi is more powerful.. its just i cant get the full combo off with musashi in Vhard, all the dudes are too fast >.< But.. in comparison.. the stag hits for 2hits-2hits-2hits (i think, i dont own a single double saber yet) and musashi is 1hit-2hits-1 or2hits (depending on if the mob moves before the last animation)
its still a close call.. thx for the input. Anyone else got ideas? o.O;
-xero

Eihwaz
Mar 17, 2004, 09:59 PM
Go with Stag. In Vhard and Ult, it's the better choice against fast enemies. With Musashi you probably will do more damage, but will get smacked around a lot more than attacking.

BTW, the male animations are like so:

Musashi: 1 slash, 2 slash, 3 slash

Stag Cutlery: 2 slash, 1 slash, 3 slash.

Xero_Silvera
Mar 17, 2004, 10:02 PM

wow im used to playing chicka chars.. sorry bout that! hmm isnt that kinda unfair to chicks tho? 1>2>3 compared to 1>2>2? iunno.. thx tho. im still not completely sure, but i guess i need to add it to the collection anyways, so i might as well. Thx for input ya'll. Off to hunt barba ray, PECE!
-xero

Cc08
Mar 17, 2004, 10:03 PM
I used the Yamato (same combo as Musashi) all throughout V Hard... You won't get hit by most enemies when you do normal attack, hard attack, hard attack (if you have decent ata)... but after vhard I found it to be pretty useless... The enemies are too fast, although I sometimes still use the Musashi for its special against bosses

EDIT: I think the Musashi/Yamato combo is 1-2-2 for males too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cc08 on 2004-03-17 19:05 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Mar 17, 2004, 10:38 PM
On 2004-03-17 19:03, Cc08 wrote:
...but after vhard I found it to be pretty useless... The enemies are too fast, although I sometimes still use the Musashi for its special against bosses

A lot of people fail to realize how to use a paired sword (among other weapons) properly. The fact of the matter is, most melee weapon types kinda suck against Forest critters because those enemies (especially the Booma/Bartle variants) react to attacks differently. In every other area of the game, they all work just fine. And a God/Battle unit makes them much easier to use. Paired swords have become my favorite hunter-type weapon in E1&2 because they're strong, accurate, and imo they have perfectly timed combos for just about every enemy in the game (with the exception of the Booma/Bartle variants, as noted before).

lain2k3
Mar 17, 2004, 10:38 PM
On 2004-03-17 19:02, Xero_Silvera wrote:

wow im used to playing chicka chars.. sorry bout that! hmm isnt that kinda unfair to chicks tho? 1>2>3 compared to 1>2>2? iunno.. thx tho. im still not completely sure, but i guess i need to add it to the collection anyways, so i might as well. Thx for input ya'll. Off to hunt barba ray, PECE!
-xero

Males do not get 3 hits on the lastt swing of a musashi-esque combo. males and females are 1-2-2.

and yes, in VH and Ult, stag will be better.

Cc08
Mar 17, 2004, 10:57 PM
In every other area of the game, they all work just fine. And a God/Battle unit makes them much easier to use.Never really tried one with a God/Battle... I might want to do that, it should help me speed up the combo, but I still think that I will get hit less using my demo comet...
A lot of people fail to realize how to use a paired sword (among other weapons) properly.I guess I fall under that category

Bender202
Mar 17, 2004, 11:43 PM
I got xtra stag wit 20%hit if u want it. I get them all the time from gulgus in the forest wit my skyly.

PJ
Mar 18, 2004, 08:16 AM
On 2004-03-17 19:38, VulpesMundi wrote:
A lot of people fail to realize how to use a paired sword (among other weapons) properly.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

My brother and I both have used Swords weapons in Ult (I prefer to refer to them as Swords, as that's how the SRank is named I beleive, but I guess in most cases it would get confusing), and they work wonders, for the high power. I used Asuka, and he used Yamato (That is until, one fateful Skyly Temple game where the Love Rappy dropped a HoP and wouldn't give it to me, even though he will never make/use a female character, so I had to trade my Asuka) and even without a Force's support we had done well in MUlti. But I know it's all in the timing ^_-

And finally, how can you say they DON'T look cool? (Well, maybe with the exception of the Yamato *barf*)

http://www.freewebs.com/pjkynogazgallery/SC.png
I like how the photon looks, and the handle is cool ^-^

Sharkyland
Mar 18, 2004, 11:44 AM
I'll give you a stag.

goku4ever
Mar 18, 2004, 12:29 PM
go musashis i dont go any where without mine!

Zeroy
Mar 18, 2004, 06:04 PM
go with the Stag. its a 6-hit weapon instead of a 5-hit like the Musashi, and its a much faster attack as well. Looks cool too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (HUmars hold Musashi's like dinner forks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif)

Genoa
Mar 18, 2004, 08:12 PM
(didn't bother to read other people's responses... and don't care to so what I say isn't mimicing others)
Musashi's special is far superior indeed. Better than Yamato. But if you have Asuka/Sange&Yasha use that instead. Sure Mushashi will still do more, but you can do enough without sacrificing HP.
Stag is pretty cool. I think the special is confusion which isn't all that great but still, I think the stag would be better in a fight with a fast-attacking foe. I recall Twin Swords being a bit slower than Twin Sabers. Also, RAmar and RAcast can use Stag as well, so if you have one of those you can loan it to them for meleeing. And Mushshi on a HUmar/HUcast ... when they run... it looks like they've shized their pants and are running for the nearest porter podi.