PDA

View Full Version : What? Orland with 15 hp?

Logical2u
Mar 18, 2004, 05:00 PM
I was playing online versus someone today.

He used Orland, I used Stella (Nyah!). Now, my character has -1 hp, for 14. But, Orland has -3, so he should've had 12 hp, right? But, he had 15! Why?!

decswxaqz
Mar 18, 2004, 05:12 PM
Since the last online update his HP is now +0 and movement is 3. But the changes aren't affected on the actual pictures on the cards.... I think that's the case on the US game. I think on the JP game they are updated (on the pictures).

Webapprentice
Mar 18, 2004, 05:22 PM
Isn't that odd that they don't update the U.S. pictures? Aren't they on the same graphics engine?

Jools
Mar 18, 2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah, they are updated just fine on importer copies of the game. A glitch I guess. A small one at the mo, but if they continue to change the cards it could become a big one.

If the game is at all successful, I reckon we'll see an "Ep 3 Plus".

Jools

punkasssss
Mar 18, 2004, 07:20 PM
I have no doubt of seeing an episode 3 plus, it's just another way for SEGA to make a few more bucks, and they will do anything for that.

Logical2u
Mar 19, 2004, 08:56 AM
Ah, I see. Orland was edited similarly to the Power Maser. It doesn't change the card but the stats are different.

Thanks!

BRTW2
Mar 19, 2004, 11:12 AM
The power maser change? So it is better or worse then it once was? Because I'm not finding it powerful.

LollipopLolita
Mar 19, 2004, 11:31 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2022

DavisMarkin
Mar 19, 2004, 02:41 PM
If this case is true (proper updating on the JP version, but not on the US version), I find this to be a potentially disturbing trend. Does anyone know the method that is used to update the graphical information on the JP GC version? I know they don't have any specialized hardware, like a HDD or anything similar, so is this information saved on a memory card slot?

I personally wish to know all that is going on, and if I'm making a deck with a card thinking it has certain stats, and find out that 'Oh, nope, it has lesser stats, too bad you're playing an NA release!', then I'd be very upset, to say the least (from my understanding, the update does not occur UNTIL the card is fully played, and that can have severe implications for how you play, unless you memorize every bit of errata word for word, and while I do enjoy playing CCGs, I don't have the time of patience to memorize every single rule to the letter, unless I've played the game a very long time).

I hope that Sega catches on that we here will not stand for being misled (intentionally or otherwise) regarding an aspect that can be very important. Like others in this thread have said, they may decide to errata some more, and while I doubt they will errata many common-type cards (N-rank), they _might_ do so. Would anyone have a recommended email address to which I can send my concerns? That would be very appreciated.

Signed,

Davis (ClvlOff 3, ClvlOn 1) (Yes, this opinion may be misinformed, if it is, please feel free to correct me. The thing I dislike worse than being misled by others, is being misled by myself.)

Webapprentice
Mar 19, 2004, 02:52 PM
On 2004-03-18 15:48, Jools wrote:
Yeah, they are updated just fine on importer copies of the game. A glitch I guess. A small one at the mo, but if they continue to change the cards it could become a big one.

If the game is at all successful, I reckon we'll see an "Ep 3 Plus".

Jools

I think it has to be a server issue. If the U.S. client software is the same as the Japanese one, then only the server is sending out update data during the game. Maybe if you take a U.S. game, set it to Japanese, and jump to a JP server, the update will happen?

bordering
Mar 19, 2004, 05:02 PM
yea, this is very annoying. there's a very nice guide here, granted, but it's the principle of the thing. we ought to have our cards updated just the same as the jp players. it's obnoxious to have to refer to a prinout from psow or psow itself when i want to determine if a card is what i want to have in my deck or not.

Alisha
Mar 19, 2004, 07:40 PM
yeah the power mazer thing was annoying i was all like wtf how come i cant play another card.....
power mazer was later removed from all my decks containing it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Mr_Special
Mar 20, 2004, 12:08 PM
On 2004-03-19 08:31, LollipopLolita wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2022

since when does Escape have a movement range? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

punkasssss
Mar 20, 2004, 01:40 PM
So that's why I couldn't equip my power maser. That caused me to loose the quest so I didn't get my third Gi Gue.... That sucks.