PDA

View Full Version : Pointless Items

Eihwaz
Mar 18, 2004, 07:12 PM
I've decided to compile a list of items that have no real point in the game. Either there's another weapon that does what the useless weapon does, but better, or is just useless in general.

Now, some of the items here could be considered collector's items, of "just for looks" items. Something like that.

Twinkle Star - Summit Moon boosts the same techs, but 10% More, adds a lot of MST, and boosts EVP as well. Now that I think about it, Twinkle Star is pretty good. Still, Summit Moon owns it.

Evil Curst - God. The exclusive find for Pinkal, it's uber rare...and uber useless. Nice MST boost, but it's a non-comboing Cane that boosts no techs, and drains HP/TP (I forget which).

Technical Crozier - Another "exlusive" Pinkal rare, this one's better than Evil Curst, but not by much. Small MST boost, and Barta for a special. At least IT looks cool...

Maser Beam/Power Maser - They do look cool...they're just totally useless. As a weapon, at least.

Partisan of Lightning - It's a decent DoubleSaber, but there are better choices for HUnters that can probably be found with less trouble. If FOrces could use it...it would be very useful. As it stands... Kef is right. You can get stronger alternatives, but PoL is a pretty good weapon. It also looks really freaking cool. Special kinda sucks, though.

Ragol Ring - It's a good shield, and also looks cool. Too bad if you die with one equipped, even with a Scape Doll, it's toasted. More of a collector's item, I guess.

Rico's Glasses - Wow. Uber-rare. FOmarl only, at level 133+. Adds 1 EVP, 1 DFP. No resistances. I'd rather use Trap Vision. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif They look okay, I suppose.

HP/TP/Revival - "Rapidly" my foot. These things are slooooooooooooooow. And why bother? I'd rather have a nice Elf/Arm++ or a Dragon/HP. Or even a Devil/Battle.

Anyone else have anything to add to my list? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe this should go to Rants. >.>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-03-20 20:13 ]</font>

Hrith
Mar 18, 2004, 07:29 PM
PoL completely owns, do not compare weapons to others to justify its usefulness, this is irrelevant. PoL is still a powerful weapon that hits 6 times, and looks uber cool on HUnewearls. And Twin sabers are so wasted, anyway, I'd rather use Stag, Twin Brand or PoL =/

I'd say TP/HP/Restorate

Eihwaz
Mar 18, 2004, 07:43 PM
On 2004-03-18 16:29, Kef wrote:
PoL completely owns, do not compare weapons to others to justify its usefulness, this is irrelevant. PoL is still a powerful weapon that hits 6 times, and looks uber cool on HUnewearls. And Twin sabers are so wasted, anyway, I'd rather use Stag, Twin Brand or PoL =/

I'd say TP/HP/Restorate

Well, PoL does look quite cool, but unless you found one by look before you found a Demolition Comet...it's fairly pointless. It would be a lot better if Rangers, or especially Forces could wield it.

Yes, TP/HP Restorate SUCK. They're almost completely useless. HP/R moreso.

A lot of Rods are useless. The ones that don't boost any techs, or add large amounts of MST, or have crappy specials. Like, eh...Alive Aqhu. That thing is so pointless...

Kuea
Mar 18, 2004, 08:01 PM
well the items that do suck antidote and antiparylisis. well only for androids who aren't raising mags.

Ketchup345
Mar 18, 2004, 08:37 PM
If they could be just for looks or collector's items:
Many of the 10* Flowen's DB's Swords.

They are often weak (except the Yellowboze ones), don't have specials (except for Yellowboze, unsure about if any DB's do). They are also often pointsless for when they are found, as there are much better items that were most likely found already.

Dragon_Ash
Mar 18, 2004, 09:23 PM
i'd have proto regen gear...it's just useless...a useless rare...i don't even think it's that good a shield to use either ¬_¬

Squeege
Mar 18, 2004, 09:27 PM
Sacred gaurd is mostly useless, cept for maybe against grants. But that hardly hurts me anyway with a resist/holy.

edit-also cure/poison

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Squeege on 2004-03-18 18:43 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Mar 18, 2004, 09:48 PM
Missed some.

Belra Cannon - It's extremely slow, it doesn't combo, it doesn't have good stats, and it can never have a hit bonus. Throw it in the garbage can.

Game Magazine - Definately a collector's item.

Flower Bouquet - Another collector's item.

Amore Rose - Yup, you guessed it...

Most of the offline S-rank weapons and Easter Egg weapons are also mostly just collector's items. There are a few exceptions.

Oh, and I wouldn't label the Twinkle Star as useless. It's actually a lot easier to find a Star Amplifier than it is a magic rock "Moola". So that being the case, Twinkle Star is the easier one to aquire, but Summit Moon is obviously the better weapon. I mean if you're going to say that the Twinkle Star is useless compared to the Summit Moon based simply on their abilities, you may as well say that all the common 9-star special canes (Club of Laconium, etc.) are useless, too. Heck, why not say that the wands (Storm Wand: Indra, etc.) and pretty much every force weapon that doesn't have a spell boost is worthless, too, since the Caduceus, Magical Piece, Sorceror's Cane, Prophets of Motav, Psycho Wand, and Dark Bridge will cover the rest of the spell bonuses. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-03-18 18:49 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Mar 18, 2004, 10:09 PM
On 2004-03-18 18:48, VulpesMundi wrote:
Missed some.

Belra Cannon - It's extremely slow, it doesn't combo, it doesn't have good stats, and it can never have a hit bonus. Throw it in the garbage can.

Game Magazine - Definately a collector's item.

Flower Bouquet - Another collector's item.

Amore Rose - Yup, you guessed it...

Most of the offline S-rank weapons and Easter Egg weapons are also mostly just collector's items. There are a few exceptions.

Oh, and I wouldn't label the Twinkle Star as useless. It's actually a lot easier to find a Star Amplifier than it is a magic rock "Moola". So that being the case, Twinkle Star is the easier one to aquire, but Summit Moon is obviously the better weapon. I mean if you're going to say that the Twinkle Star is useless compared to the Summit Moon based simply on their abilities, you may as well say that all the common 9-star special canes (Club of Laconium, etc.) are useless, too. Heck, why not say that the wands (Storm Wand: Indra, etc.) and pretty much every force weapon that doesn't have a spell boost is worthless, too, since the Caduceus, Magical Piece, Sorceror's Cane, Prophets of Motav, Psycho Wand, and Dark Bridge will cover the rest of the spell bonuses. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hmm...now that I think about it, Twinkle Star isn't really wortless at all. It's actually a fairly decent FOrce item. *removes Twinkle Star from list*

You're right, any weapon that boosts Techs isn't pointless. This includes all the 9-Star Canes, and to a lesser extent, the 9-Star wands.

Another fairly useless item would be the Cure/Poison. Any non-droid with Anti Lv.1 can cure this. Droids don't have to be bothered with it at all, since they're immune to Poison. Worse Cure/Unit, and a very bad item in general. Another bad item would be Chu Chu Fever. It's so bad...doesn't even add decent resistances. It is, however, incredibly cute. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Soukosa
Mar 18, 2004, 10:15 PM
On 2004-03-18 18:27, Squeege wrote:
Sacred gaurd is mostly useless, cept for maybe against grants. But that hardly hurts me anyway with a resist/holy.

edit-also cure/poison

Preventing poison can useful for tech casting FOs in GDV.

On 2004-03-18 18:48, VulpesMundi wrote:

I'm sure that ST will provide a way for enemy parts to have Hit again, eventually. But, from what I've heard about that, until ST does something like that, it is junk. It is a bit of amusing weapon at least.

Hrith
Mar 18, 2004, 11:44 PM
Well, PoL does look quite cool, but unless you found one by look before you found a Demolition Comet...it's fairly pointless
You completely missed the point. PoL owns, period. I use it with Shione in online Seabed and it has no hit%, so yeah it owns, whether Dem Com, Meteor Cudgel, Double Cannon or BKB are better is totally irrelevant, and by no mean allows PoL to be labelled pointless. Because if PoL is pointless, Stag, Twin Brand, Musashi, Yamato and many others are, too, which is not the case.

Nai_Calus
Mar 19, 2004, 12:03 AM
Storm Wand: Indra #2-infinity are pretty useless, unless you lose one to FSOD.

Anti Merge is kind of pointless.

Dark Flow/Dark Meteor are also useless(Dark Bridge actually has redeeming features)

The common DB's saber sucks, weaker than a Gladius and no special.

???? is pretty useless, too.

navci
Mar 19, 2004, 12:11 AM
Evil Curst is for looks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
Mar 19, 2004, 01:14 AM
On 2004-03-18 21:03, Ian-KunX wrote:
The common DB's saber sucks, weaker than a Gladius and no special.

They're not useless though, you find them quite some time before you can find Gladiuses. The Crush Bullet is the same way.

Kuea
Mar 19, 2004, 02:59 AM
Dark Flow/Dark Meteor are also useless(Dark Bridge actually has redeeming features)

I find the Dark meteor is really good for suppeort that big beam and purple balls bombarding the enemy.
same with the dark flow, someone low on health in the ruins ult reall helps in the back. that huge wave bursting forwards.
both of them really shine on multi or online.
the dark bridge..... I hate it it killed me I did not know it takes HP to cast techs. and in the middle of a vol opt boss fight...... IT PARALYZED ME AND I HAD NO ANTIPARALYSIS OR SOL ATOMIZERS.

???? weapons are stupid I agree.

XeNoCiDe
Mar 19, 2004, 03:48 AM
hey i agree gajeh dark flow and dark meteor rock they have aweosme attacks and also the trongest of each class in the game, but dark matter thats messed up....and Eihwaz i dunno what your talking but how could you say power maser/maser beam are useless, like really they are awesome power maser is the better version of maser beam and it has 270 atp, dark meteor only has 280!

AndyPandy
Mar 19, 2004, 05:54 AM
I always considered the POL the coolest weapon in the game.

Kuea
Mar 19, 2004, 06:00 AM
hmmm the POL adds to your speed? I want one it is definetly a good item.

Rogue100
Mar 19, 2004, 06:09 AM
On 2004-03-18 23:59, Gajeh wrote:

If you find 5* ???? weapons with some hit%, you can tech them into some very nice and very useful weapons! I wouldn't knock on common weapons at all.

Ketchup345
Mar 19, 2004, 06:31 AM

On 2004-03-18 23:59, Gajeh wrote:
I find the Dark meteor is really good for suppeort that big beam and purple balls bombarding the enemy.
same with the dark flow, someone low on health in the ruins ult reall helps in the back. that huge wave bursting forwards.
both of them really shine on multi or online.
the dark bridge..... I hate it it killed me I did not know it takes HP to cast techs. and in the middle of a vol opt boss fight...... IT PARALYZED ME AND I HAD NO ANTIPARALYSIS OR SOL ATOMIZERS.

That's not the weapon's fault. Those are some of the negative effects of the Dark Bridge, but it is made up for the 1/2 TP cost (it only takes 1/2 the cost of the tech from your HP; the Psycho Wand takes the full tech cost). But the Dark Flow and Dark Meteor don't combo, meaning that the other items in their class can easily do more damage than the Dark Weapons.

????Weapons have their uses:
1) Tekk them and they sell for some nice Meseta.
2) Untekked they are one of the best ways to split slimes.
3) Find one with Hit% and a good special, and you have something that may be better than some 9*-12* weapons (such as 50% Hit Charge Mechguns that everyone loves).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-03-19 03:35 ]</font>

PaleKid15
Mar 19, 2004, 01:08 PM
PoL=useless if you use the topic creators definition (since this is their topic, it's the one that matters)

Twinkle Star= Easier to get than Summit Moon? Not from my experience, and summit moon still owns it.

Other useless items= wizard/technique (outside c-mode), Morning Glory (Red Saber is strictly better, along with many other weapons, plus it's fairly hard too get), All enemy parts (-s reds arms and delsabers left arm and arguably P-arms arms)

Nai_Calus
Mar 19, 2004, 06:22 PM
Dark Flow and Dark Bridge are useless, yes, they don't combo, and Dark Flow's special requires you to be so low on health you'd die in one hit, more or less. How is this useful to the team?

And not carrying Antiparalysis or Sols is rather foolish, IMO. I always carry 10 of both. Even on droids, because eventually some foolish fleshy will neglect to bring Antiparalysis when they're the only fleshy. -_-;

And I'm not talking about ??? weapons. I'm talking about a useless, pointless item called simply ????. It has a meseta icon. I want one, just for the amusement factor of having something completely pointless and non-existant.

??? weapons can rock if you come across them with Hit and good specials, yes. I'm not talking about that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jason
Mar 19, 2004, 07:13 PM
Trap vision.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-03-19 17:50 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Mar 19, 2004, 08:34 PM
On 2004-03-19 16:13, Jason wrote:
Trap visor.

Hmm...I'd kinda have to agree. For most characters and of course, Droids, these are useless.

However, they might be useful to FOrces at lower levels in Ultimate. The damage traps in Mines/Caves can kill a low-HP FOrce easily. I never bother, though.

Jason
Mar 19, 2004, 09:02 PM
On 2004-03-19 17:34, Eihwaz wrote:

On 2004-03-19 16:13, Jason wrote:
Trap visor.

Hmm...I'd kinda have to agree. For most characters and of course, Droids, these are useless.

However, they might be useful to FOrces at lower levels in Ultimate. The damage traps in Mines/Caves can kill a low-HP FOrce easily. I never bother, though.

Try running through the traps with the menu up. You'll notice you will be running through 'em instead of walking slowly passing 'em, and you won't get hit. That works on all traps, except the few ones that explode in an instant.

Trap Vision is an item that I've never used.

Kuea
Mar 20, 2004, 12:29 AM
when I run into traps seeing as I have never played as an android....... I just shoot quickly or resta dodge. or just heal after hey blow up in your face.
but I love healing traps. I have seen 13 in total.

NiNeTeeN69
Mar 20, 2004, 01:20 AM
Any fist weapon.. Angry fist or God hand just to name a few are completly useless in my oppinion, the range is ridiculous, u gotta be right up close, they are only for one target at a time and only have 3 hit's to a combo, if ya wanna take on one enemy at a time nothing dishes out more damage than a nice twin saber or twin sword type class weapon (Demolition Comet,Meteor Cudgel,Black King Bar,Double Cannon,Asuka,Sange & Yasha)since they do over 5 or 6 hits in a combo rather than 3,and ya dont need to be so close u can maintain some distance between the enemy and yourself.Overall they are a much greater choice,besides they actually look kool, Mech gun class is good too,they can pull off 9 hits in a combo but normally cant break the damage barrier on certain high defense enemies(Pan Arms,Morfos) unless you got alot of ATP.Lots of Hit% is also very vital for these guns since they have low ATA to start with.

Hrith
Mar 20, 2004, 05:50 AM
On 2004-03-19 10:08, PaleKid15 wrote:
PoL=useless if you use the topic creators definition
Uselessness is not subjective, PoL owns Seabed on a HUnewearl, how can it be useless ?

Morning Glory (Red Saber is strictly better)
Again, same mistake, comparing to other weapons is irrelevant, and Morning Glory is strictly faster and more powerful than Red Saber.

All enemy parts (s-red's arms...)
Are you saying s-red's are useless or the contrary ?
S-Red's Blade is Kefka's weapon of choice in West Tower x_X

On 2004-03-19 18:02, Jason wrote:
Try running through the traps with the menu up. You'll notice you will be running through 'em instead of walking slowly passing 'em, and you won't get hit. That works on all traps, except the few ones that explode in an instant.
You, my friend, have obviously not played Ep2 enough, especially Seabed and Towers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-03-20 02:55 ]</font>

Jason
Mar 20, 2004, 12:32 PM
On 2004-03-20 02:50, Kef wrote:

On 2004-03-19 18:02, Jason wrote:
You, my friend, have obviously not played Ep2 enough, especially Seabed and Towers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-03-20 02:55 ]</font>

I just don't like Ep2 very much as Ep1 (like most players). In online you can notice most teams are Ep1 as you already know, my friend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-03-20 09:51 ]</font>

Jason
Mar 20, 2004, 12:42 PM
On 2004-03-19 22:20, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:
Any fist weapon.. Angry fist or God hand just to name a few are completly useless in my oppinion, the range is ridiculous, u gotta be right up close, they are only for one target at a time and only have 3 hit's to a combo, if ya wanna take on one enemy at a time nothing dishes out more damage than a nice twin saber or twin sword type class weapon (Demolition Comet,Meteor Cudgel,Black King Bar,Double Cannon,Asuka,Sange & Yasha)since they do over 5 or 6 hits in a combo rather than 3,and ya dont need to be so close u can maintain some distance between the enemy and yourself.Overall they are a much greater choice,besides they actually look kool, Mech gun class is good too,they can pull off 9 hits in a combo but normally cant break the damage barrier on certain high defense enemies(Pan Arms,Morfos) unless you got alot of ATP.Lots of Hit% is also very vital for these guns since they have low ATA to start with.

Any fist weapons because of its 3 combos...? They're not useless, and it seems to me that you're using full combos. My point is, depending on what enemy you can get hit after the full combos unless your strong enough to kill it during the first combos.

BRTW2
Mar 20, 2004, 12:56 PM

Rabarta is much better spliting slimes than weapons though, and it has a chance to freeze them. But hey, everyone has their own method for getting what they want, I'm just a force.

Hrith
Mar 20, 2004, 01:04 PM
On 2004-03-20 09:56, BRTW2 wrote:

Rabarta is much better spliting slimes than weapons though, and it has a chance to freeze them. But hey, everyone has their own method for getting what they want, I'm just a force.

He meant for droids http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And Jason, you may be right, yet majority has proven wrong more than I can tell, I play Ep2 a LOT more, which accounts for my hours of game, since Ep2 is less experience rewarding.

Terra has 1075 hours at Lv 187.
Auracom had a Lv 200 RAcast at 1020ish hours.

Jason
Mar 20, 2004, 01:11 PM
On 2004-03-20 10:04, Kef wrote:

Jason, you may be right, yet majority has proven wrong more than I can tell, I play Ep2 a LOT more, which accounts for my hours of game, since Ep2 is less experience rewarding.

Terra has 1075 hours at Lv 187.
Auracom had a Lv 200 RAcast at 1020ish hours.

Yes, there are indeed some players who do play Ep2 a lot more than Ep1. When my character(s) can handle all of Ep2 very well in Ult eventually, I'll be playing there to hunt for the rares that cannot be found in Ep1. In Ep1 which I'm playing more I'm currently hunting for a Lavis Cannon, still.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-03-20 10:12 ]</font>

excecutor
Mar 20, 2004, 01:36 PM
All of the enemy parts are not useless either. My ramarl, chimera, which is only level 145, can easily do over 1000 damage with a critical hit with baranz launcher. The only place I dont use it is in seabed, and ruins, in which the enemies are just too fast, everywhere else I like it a lot better. Of course I still keep my trusty spread needle with me, but hey, its great for a change of pace, and is a great weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: excecutor on 2004-03-20 10:36 ]</font>

PaleKid15
Mar 20, 2004, 01:37 PM
Kef- I said "-s reds arms arms"(-=minus), so I meant they weren't useless. And this topic is about:

I've decided to compile a list of items that have no real point in the game. Either there's another weapon that does what the useless weapon does, but better, or is just useless in general.

They wanted a list of items that are merely a bad version (less effective) of another similar item. "useless" wasn't really the appropriate term, but that's what they meant.

And about PoL, I don't have one so I only know what I read from this site. You keep saying that it tears up seabed, what do you mean? Doe it have some ability that I am unaware of? Or are you just saying that it is not the best, but still gets the job done?

navci
Mar 20, 2004, 03:09 PM
Trap visions are NOT useless. Especially when you have a team of fleshies and a room full of enemies and freeze traps. :/

Enemy parts are not useless either, I mean, dude, how useless is the C-Sorcerer's cane? Pan Arms's blades are one of the best daggers a FO can use.

Jason
Mar 20, 2004, 03:37 PM
On 2004-03-20 12:09, navi wrote:
Trap visions are NOT useless. Especially when you have a team of fleshies and a room full of enemies and freeze traps. :/

After getting to know the areas quite well, you'll know where the traps are because they're always in their same positions. :/

EDIT: If there are any fleshies appears in your team who are careless with traps or just doesn't know when to expect them on whatever areas, well, hand them Trap Visions. Eventually to them, them Trap Visions will be useless to them as they are to me now which I've never used.

But navi, I however agree what you said about the Pan Arms' Arms. Beautiful dagger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-03-20 12:43 ]</font>

navci
Mar 20, 2004, 03:43 PM
On 2004-03-20 12:37, Jason wrote:
After getting to know the areas quite well, you'll know where the traps are because they're always in their same positions. :/

Some of us never remembers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
No, really, trapvisions have their uses.

Jason
Mar 20, 2004, 03:45 PM
On 2004-03-20 12:43, navi wrote:

Some of us never remembers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I've editted the previous post. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
To those who never remembers, get yourself a pair of Red Ring Rico's glasses and look mentally retarded. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Kidding!

Firocket1690
Mar 20, 2004, 03:46 PM
On 2004-03-20 12:43, navi wrote:

Hallways of mines. (almost all of them)
and a few in Ruins with that 4 switch door (that paralyzes)

It's good to set Gizonde to a shortcut. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I use it to tag my share of EXP.

navci
Mar 20, 2004, 03:48 PM
On 2004-03-20 12:45, Jason wrote:
I've editted the previous post. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
To those who never remembers, get yourself a pair of Red Ring Rico's glasses and look mentally retarded. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Kidding!

Only FOmarl usable. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
And, well pardon me if I don't have a memory of all Ep I and II trap locations! I am just saying it really isn't pointless.

Jason
Mar 20, 2004, 03:50 PM
On 2004-03-20 12:48, navi wrote:

On 2004-03-20 12:45, Jason wrote:

Only FOmarl usable. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
And, well pardon me if I don't have a memory of all Ep I and II trap locations! I am just saying it really isn't pointless.

Pah, didn't I say I was kidding? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I understand your point. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrith
Mar 20, 2004, 05:55 PM
Yeah, it was only a question, PaleKid.

And, in a way, Demolition Comet, Meteor Cudgel, Twin Blaze, S-Rank Twin, Double Cannon and Black King Bar are better than Partisan of Lightning. But that does NOT mean PoL sucks, far from it.

The main drawback to PoL is its rarity if you are not Pinkal, and even then, it's not so common.

Jason
Mar 20, 2004, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't say PoL is useless and it looks pretty cool.

NiNeTeeN69
Mar 20, 2004, 06:47 PM
On 2004-03-20 09:42, Jason wrote:

On 2004-03-19 22:20, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:

Any fist weapons because of its 3 combos...? They're not useless, and it seems to me that you're using full combos. My point is, depending on what enemy you can get hit after the full combos unless your strong enough to kill it during the first combos.

Maybe their not completly useless,i mean i do get a nice thrill out of selling each one i find but they are useless when compared to the other weapons in the game. Take Red Sword for example,its like just as strong as any fist weapon if not stronger, yet it hits multiple enemies and u can have some nice distance when attacking. I use Orotiagito which only does 3 hits on one target just like the fist weapons yet its stronger than any other fist weapon and it actually has some range to it aswell,not to mention one of the coolest special attacks in the game,so when u compare any fist weapon to Orotiagito or Red Sword they are completly useless.i mainly only use my twin sabers or twin swords on bosses or enemies with lots of HP such as Baranz,Indi Belra, Pan Arms & all the sinows,cuz theres no way those guys can be killed in 3 hits on ultimate multi player difficulty. For everyone else in groups i'll use Red Sword.
I dotn see no fun in attacking with fists, the combo animations are lame & slow, i play PSO for its awsome selection in weapons if ya wanna fist fight go play Tekken, The Kings of Iron Fist.

Nai_Calus
Mar 20, 2004, 07:13 PM
There's this nifty little trick whereby if you either have things on one of your button pallets that don't target traps, or you open the start or R+Y menu, you can run down hallways without being hit by traps in them. My FOmar, for example, has Resta, Jellen and Zalure on his default buttons. None of these target traps, and he can run down hallways with impunity.

And you do eventually learn where traps are. XP

Not to mention that if you actually NEED to worry about traps, you don't belong in that area yet anyway. Go back to Forest and gain some levels in Heat Sword. Oh, by the way, there's a trap above the blue switch in the room with the warp, and another above the boxes the switch and it's companion lead you to. XP

*hands Resta, mates, Antiparalysis and if someone is REALLY stupid, Moons and/or Reverser to those apparently unable to deal with the concept of accidentally sustaining damage* Shit, if I don't know where the traps are in a level, I have a knack for finding them by RUNNING INTO THEM. I still don't carry Trap Visions, because they for some reason don't generally tend to kill me. >P Waste of inventory space I could put to better use. Like a Scape Doll in case I do die to something, or another armor to sell for meseta. XP

Jason
Mar 20, 2004, 07:33 PM
On 2004-03-20 16:13, Ian-KunX wrote:
There's this nifty little trick whereby if you either have things on one of your button pallets that don't target traps, or you open the start or R+Y menu, you can run down hallways without being hit by traps in them. My FOmar, for example, has Resta, Jellen and Zalure on his default buttons. None of these target traps, and he can run down hallways with impunity.

And you do eventually learn where traps are. XP

Not to mention that if you actually NEED to worry about traps, you don't belong in that area yet anyway. Go back to Forest and gain some levels in Heat Sword. Oh, by the way, there's a trap above the blue switch in the room with the warp, and another above the boxes the switch and it's companion lead you to. XP

*hands Resta, mates, Antiparalysis and if someone is REALLY stupid, Moons and/or Reverser to those apparently unable to deal with the concept of accidentally sustaining damage* Shit, if I don't know where the traps are in a level, I have a knack for finding them by RUNNING INTO THEM. I still don't carry Trap Visions, because they for some reason don't generally tend to kill me. >P Waste of inventory space I could put to better use. Like a Scape Doll in case I do die to something, or another armor to sell for meseta. XP

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Soukosa
Mar 20, 2004, 09:50 PM
Even if you know where the traps are, it doesn't mean you're going to be able to avoid them. For example, there's a room on one of the Ruins maps where the room is full of traps. So, are you going to try take out the enemies while setting off all the traps or are you going to use this "worthless" trap vision and wipe them out before they get in the way? Also, there are those traps that go off almost as instantly as you activate them and those you can't take out with the one menu trick.

PaleKid15
Mar 20, 2004, 10:21 PM

Enemy parts are not useless either, I mean, dude, how useless is the C-Sorcerer's cane? Pan Arms's blades are one of the best daggers a FO can use.

I listed P-arms blades as an exception, and C-Sorcerers cane is crap IM(C)O. MP owns it.

Kef- you never answered, does PoL have some special ability or not?

Eihwaz
Mar 20, 2004, 10:49 PM
On 2004-03-20 19:21, PaleKid15 wrote:

I listed P-arms blades as an exception, and C-Sorcerers cane is crap IM(C)O. MP owns it.

Kef- you never answered, does PoL have some special ability or not?

Yes, Magical Piece is better than Soceror's Cane in most ways. (BTW, why does everyone add a C- infront of it? The actual item doesn't have this.)

But, I think that Magical Piece looks ridiculous on a male char. It just does. Sorceror's Cane is useful. 20% Boost to Gi-techs is good on a FOmar or FOnewm, without the...odd...looks. And it has a useful special, Geist. Won't hit much in Ultimate, but still. FOnewm/FOmar already have a natural 30% Gi-boost, 20% is all they really need. Female Forces would be better off with Magical Piece.

A lot of enemy parts are useful. G-Assassin's Sabers are nice for lower level chars or Melee Forces. Dragon's Claw is great for droids fighting Falz. S-Red's Blades are a must-have for HUmars/casts/caseals, mainly for the free S/D, but partly becuase it's the 2nd best daggers in the game. Those, I think, are the better enemy parts. Most of the other ones aren't that amazing.

I think what Kef was trying to say something like this: The PoL is a fine, cool-looking, weapon by itself, even though there are stronger alternatives.

EDIT: I re-read Kef's posts. I get what he was saying. Even if there are better alternatives, PoL is still a great weapon. And he's right, isn't he? It IS a good weapon. But he's also right about the rarity, unless you're Pinkal. But it's still probably kinda rare there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-03-20 19:52 ]</font>

Soukosa
Mar 20, 2004, 11:12 PM
On 2004-03-20 19:49, Eihwaz wrote:
Yes, Magical Piece is better than Soceror's Cane in most ways. (BTW, why does everyone add a C- infront of it? The actual item doesn't have this.)

But, I think that Magical Piece looks ridiculous on a male char. It just does. Sorceror's Cane is useful. 20% Boost to Gi-techs is good on a FOmar or FOnewm, without the...odd...looks. And it has a useful special, Geist. Won't hit much in Ultimate, but still. FOnewm/FOmar already have a natural 30% Gi-boost, 20% is all they really need. Female Forces would be better off with Magical Piece.

Don't forget that the Socerer's Cane also reduces TP cost by 10%, which may not sound like much, but it does add up after while and unlike the other TP cost reduction weapons, it doesn't take away any of your HP.

Eihwaz
Mar 20, 2004, 11:21 PM
On 2004-03-20 20:12, Sounomi wrote:
Don't forget that the Socerer's Cane also reduces TP cost by 10%, which may not sound like much, but it does add up after while and unlike the other TP cost reduction weapons, it doesn't take away any of your HP.

Yes, I forgot to mention that too! That's yet another good point about why the Sorceror's Cane is a nice weapon for Male Forces. Or any FOrce, really.

Cheep
Mar 21, 2004, 01:17 AM
This isn't a weapon but... What's with crimson assasins? They like hardly ever hurt you especially with a cure freeze. Why must they be so pointlessly weak?!

p.s. sorry for going off topic please forgive me!

Eihwaz
Mar 21, 2004, 01:40 AM
Now that I think about it, Antidote is useless, except for Mag raising, of course. Lv.1 Anti or Cure/Poison (which is usually worthless) will deal with Poison easily.

PJ
Mar 21, 2004, 01:56 AM
Useless?

I don't think there can be any useless weapons. I mean, obviously there are the ones that are obviously stronger/better (You aren't gonna see a SSJ in Vega say, "G4l/l3 l/l4g4z1ll3 0//l/lz 7zul/l1l<1r1 J-Z//0rd" [Ow, so much 1337 x_X]). But all weapons will add some boost to something. For example, Game Magazine and Flower Boquet add 1 ATP and 1 ATA. Better than having nothing equipped (But not by much). So I guess if all you need is 1 ATP up, then sure, use it. Alright, so ou really don't care. Alright.

Any Frame that has 0 slots, rare or not. I'd rather use a 4 slotted basic frame over a 0 slotted Aura Field http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Useless units? Cure/Poison, HP/TP Restore-series (PB can be useful, but not the best use of a slot), Trap/Search (Not on GC)

Useless barriers? Read weapons.

Useless mags? The only ones I could think of are:
1) Full Def mag
2) Full Dex mag (Half Pow, half dex, not full dex -_-)
3) Angel/Devil Wing's and Elenor, only because they can't be equipped by all classes

Alright, so I'm tired. You can beat me forb my weird post when I''m awake http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT:

On 2004-03-20 12:48, navi wrote:

I thought all human females could use it, aka FOmarl and RAmarl. *goes to check item database*

EDIT 2: Err, referring to Rico's Glasses, forgot to mention ^_^ (And to all members, notice the not triple posting!)

EDIT 3: Oh, never mind. It's the Rico's Earring's, and those are equippable by all females. Well, I've been wrong before... but why is it that the Glasses are FOmarl only?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-03-20 23:09 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Mar 21, 2004, 04:14 AM
RAmarl has a hairstyle with glasses. So does FOnewearl. ...I don't know what the justification for HUnewearl is. Eyepatch face? Dunno.

Traps still don't pose enough of an annoyance to me to make Trap Vision worthwhile. *shrug*

Another thing with C-Sorc's Cane over Magical Piece, at least for FOmars, is that IMO the FOmar's Rod tech animation is a lot better than his Wand tech animation.

It's still great if you want to humiliate your FO, though. :D

Kuea
Mar 21, 2004, 04:46 AM
there is another useless item on my list. a 0,0,0,0 Ravi (or any mag) . It is a useless hack.

Primrose
Mar 21, 2004, 11:20 AM
On 2004-03-20 18:50, Sounomi wrote:
Even if you know where the traps are, it doesn't mean you're going to be able to avoid them. For example, there's a room on one of the Ruins maps where the room is full of traps. So, are you going to try take out the enemies while setting off all the traps or are you going to use this "worthless" trap vision and wipe them out before they get in the way? Also, there are those traps that go off almost as instantly as you activate them and those you can't take out with the one menu trick.

For the most part, these Traps are the ones that are hidden near boxes or where switches are. Of course, by playing a little you should know soon enough which ones are the right switches and which ones will activate Traps. But for Traps near boxes o_O...
I agree, Trap Vision is a must, even if you know where they are you might accidently run into one while being chased by an enemy/group of enemies.
If useless, then why did Sonic Team remove Trap/Search from Episode 1&2, along with State/Maintenance. They are rated pretty high, and Sense Plate has a high level requirement for some reason.
Although it is too high...

Probably because people are still used to the names of the Dreamcast versions.
C-Sorcerers Cane, C-Bringers Rifle...
Sonic Team probably removed the C's because in Episode 1&2 you find them in ultimate mode, so its not Chaos Sorcerer but Gran Sorcerer, although the weapons do look like the normal - very hard enemy arms.
oh well.

navci
Mar 21, 2004, 02:36 PM

It does on the Japanese language setting. (sorry, ep 3)
Well. Both male animation for Wands are kinda bad, so the Sorcerer's cane at least is better for the FOmar. (yes... on the newm it's another story, make me wish this actually is a cane)

Yay Sounomi is on my side! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Trap visions are NOT useless. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I was thinking about Spaceship, dark small room with confuse traps and Delsabers. :/

edit: gah tags.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-03-21 11:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-03-21 12:02 ]</font>

Dragon_Ash
Mar 21, 2004, 05:30 PM
On 2004-03-21 01:14, Ian-KunX wrote:

Traps still don't pose enough of an annoyance to me to make Trap Vision worthwhile. *shrug*

Trap visions aren't that useless..i rarely use them in episode 1, and in episode 2, i only use them in the cca...it's almost impossible to know where the traps are on the beach -_-