PDA

View Full Version : so much to buy..

ilr2000
Mar 19, 2004, 11:37 AM
I wanted to get PSO v1.1 in conjuction with PSO Plus, so that I can more easily back up my items and what-not. Also so I can cancel my US HL perminantly, and not have to pay two HL's! -_-

Anyway... my question was, I have a few PSO Plus characters started. I know if you have a v1.1 character, and you upgrade to plus, you can still come back to v1.1 and "backup" to your heart's content. However, can start from scratch in PSO Plus and still go back? If no one knows then that's okay. None of my characters have any work on them, so I'll just reformat and start over when my v1.1 shows up in the mail. But if you DO know... I can get started right now, and that'll be a huge help.

(this'll prolly get moved... -_-)

VulpesMundi
Mar 19, 2004, 12:22 PM
The reason you can switch back and forth between the versions, I believe, is because they use the exact same save files in the exact same format. In other words, nothing in the save files differentiates between the versions. Therefore you should be able to make a character in Plus and go back an forth all the same. This is merely an assumption based on common sense. It is possible that Sonic Team may throw a curve ball in somewhere, as that's typically their style, but in this case I kinda doubt it. Besides, you can just create the characters on v1.1 if it won't work. Just don't go too nuts in the meantime while you're waiting for your v1.1 to arrive.

ilr2000
Mar 19, 2004, 09:45 PM
thx. I figured as much. Oh btw... I tried findint v1.1 on the net... >_> nowhere to be seen. Anyone know of places that still sell PSO v1.1??? Plz help.

Dhylec
Mar 20, 2004, 12:14 AM
have you tried ebay?
that place has things from are rare to common..

ilr2000
Mar 21, 2004, 12:00 PM
yeah, i did try ebay. at best I could find v1.0. Everything else was US PSO

ilr2000
Mar 21, 2004, 12:07 PM
I just thought of another thing! Some sites don't say if their non-plus JP PSO is v1.0 or v1.1. How can I tell going by just the coverbox?