PDA

View Full Version : Ep1&2 and Wussified Bosses.

Para
Mar 19, 2004, 06:59 PM
Has anyone actually noticed that Sega wussified Sil Dragon, Dal Ral Lie and Dark Falz?

Sil Dragon - when he dives underground and runs you over, and you got frozen, he's supposed to be able to hit you from below again regardless if you were frozen or not in version 2. In version 3, he's so crappy...

Dal Ral Lie - when he makes his entrance, he launches his purple energy wave attack. In version 2, the invincibility (when you get knocked down and get back up, you are invincibile for abit) his attack is supposed to land TWO hits because the invincibility time was shortened so it was possible to get hit by that attack twice where within those two hits you are supposed to die (level range 70-85). Now he only lands 1 hit. (correct me if im wrong though but I haven't see Dal Ral Lie land two hits on me before in v3)

Dark Falz - Second form with his rafoie//rabarta then darvant rape. Rafoie now knocks players down so they dont get raped by the darvants unlike version 2 where you never get knocked down by rafoie and you get raped by the darvants.

Anyone noticed any other wussified moves from bosses?

_Ted_
Mar 19, 2004, 07:24 PM
The Rabarta mostly just freezes people instead of knocking them down and I had thought that the rafoie only knocked down characters until they had high enough defense.

ST would have to bring the bosses down a bit, or it would become incredibly difficult for low level ultimate characters to beat them.

Para
Mar 19, 2004, 07:40 PM
I never thought they were actually that hard, its the challenge that makes them fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and especially watching newbies die to them XD

Dragon_Knight
Mar 19, 2004, 08:17 PM
Ehh I think its better that you don't have to do 3 hours of tech casting with a humar just to get through the caves because you can't find a red saber. Yes the bosses are toned down a bit but its probably for the better. I hated trying to get past the Sil dragon with a hacked S-rank needle (no percent) and inflicting a whopping 76 damage. I could take the hits but it took a long time to dish them out.

I'm kind of wondering if I'm the only one who thinks making the bosses with uber damage, undodgeable attacks is a bad idea.

Kanore
Mar 19, 2004, 08:38 PM
Dark Falz rapes with Rabarta....

Para
Mar 19, 2004, 10:57 PM
Johndoe i meant Boss moves not boss stats. The stats are fine to me but the moves are wussified big time.

Kuea
Mar 19, 2004, 11:07 PM
you have a point those moves are really lowered.
what about the dragons breath?

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 20, 2004, 12:03 AM
I could see how they would do much more on ver. 2. Make them do double damage, what do I care?

Para
Mar 20, 2004, 12:14 AM
On 2004-03-19 20:07, Gajeh wrote:
you have a point those moves are really lowered.
what about the dragons breath?

I think Sil Dragon's breath is still intact...

Jack
Mar 20, 2004, 07:03 AM
Dark Falz's Rabarta Blast is still bloody annoying.

Jason
Mar 20, 2004, 01:02 PM
On 2004-03-20 04:03, Jack wrote:
Dark Falz's Rabarta Blast is still bloody annoying.

Especially in Ultimate Mode.

KingChaos
Mar 20, 2004, 01:17 PM
yeah olga flow is pretty hard and so is gal griffin though

KingChaos
Mar 20, 2004, 01:19 PM
damn keep double posting

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FOnewm_Chaos on 2004-03-20 10:20 ]</font>

Jason
Mar 20, 2004, 01:27 PM
On 2004-03-20 10:17, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
yeah olga flow is pretty hard and so is gal griffin though

To me Gol Dragon is harder than Gal Griffin (unless you can't be frozen and shock).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-03-20 10:28 ]</font>

Para
Mar 20, 2004, 02:29 PM
Gal Gryphon's chance of hitting you seems to be less in my opinion. But back on topic. Dark Falz's Rabarta has always been very strong so no nerf there.

Sharkyland
Mar 20, 2004, 02:32 PM
I hate Rabarta (with that run around the circle platform form)... stupid thing hit me twice. I survived all his attacks when I was only lvl 84 O_o except for the fricking slash and his Im sucking you in so other people can kill me move.

Saffran
Mar 20, 2004, 06:21 PM
Ermm, I'd say Sega wussified ver3 period. You need less experience (considering there are more ennemies that are worth more exp in EpII that's a damn shame), the rare ennemies are more uncommon than rare, and don't get me started on tech damage.

But, to answer the question, I have to say DF is a lot easier on GC (Ultimate foremost).
Besides, the mode is named Ultimate for a reason, and somehow half assed boss in ultimate mode aren't really appealing to me...
But well, to each his own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2004-03-20 15:23 ]</font>

opaopajr
Mar 21, 2004, 03:24 AM
please get started on tech damage! please! create a new topic! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

honestly, when i was playing with my friend ver3 on GC, i thought several times how easy this is. leveling isn't nearly as outrageous, the rarity rate is more *sane*, and a few other wonderful changes.

though a part of me was mad realizing it was a tad easier than ver2. it felt like i had to suffer through that, and my friend gets to 'waltz' through it (though to be fair, he was hardly doing any waltzing - PSO in any form for the new player is a steep learning experience)

KingChaos
Mar 21, 2004, 03:27 AM
On 2004-03-20 11:29, Nites wrote:
Gal Gryphon's chance of hitting you seems to be less in my opinion. But back on topic. Dark Falz's Rabarta has always been very strong so no nerf there.

Gol Dragon Is Easy!!

Dragon_Knight
Mar 21, 2004, 08:17 AM
To be honest the game was never difficult to play even on Ultimate mode. I always thought what they did in Ver 2 was just a cheap cop out. They made the eneimes tougher and only the bosses could be considered harder, even then it was only because they always had high damage attacks you COULDN'T dodge. DF I could understand, he's the last boss and deserves that.

Anyway the point I'm getting at, just because they have high defence and HP along with high damage undodgeable attacks doesn't mean its a "good" way to make a game tougher. Its a good way to make it cheaper though.

As for starting a topic about the new techs, don't its just going to boil down to the same thing it always has. The people who defend Ver 2 are just going to say forces were only for hunter support and everyone else is going to say they shouldn't have been so weak in the first place.

I like the new rare drop rate you actually get things now and then, as aposed to just DB sabers, Varistas, and clubs of Laconium. All of which couldn't be used in Ultimate mode anyway. In Ver 2 all I ever found was 2 red sabers and two red handguns, that was not to long before Ep 1 & 2 came out and I was giving up on PSO. To this day I still never beat ver 2 without a hacked weapon. Mostly because I just plain ran out of time to play it. I still recall that last 4 hour tour of the ruins with a humar casting techs....I ran out of money for fluids though.

Para
Mar 22, 2004, 05:50 PM
On 2004-03-21 05:17, Dragon_Knight wrote:
To be honest the game was never difficult to play even on Ultimate mode. I always thought what they did in Ver 2 was just a cheap cop out. They made the eneimes tougher and only the bosses could be considered harder, even then it was only because they always had high damage attacks you COULDN'T dodge. DF I could understand, he's the last boss and deserves that.

Anyway the point I'm getting at, just because they have high defence and HP along with high damage undodgeable attacks doesn't mean its a "good" way to make a game tougher. Its a good way to make it cheaper though.

As for starting a topic about the new techs, don't its just going to boil down to the same thing it always has. The people who defend Ver 2 are just going to say forces were only for hunter support and everyone else is going to say they shouldn't have been so weak in the first place.

I like the new rare drop rate you actually get things now and then, as aposed to just DB sabers, Varistas, and clubs of Laconium. All of which couldn't be used in Ultimate mode anyway. In Ver 2 all I ever found was 2 red sabers and two red handguns, that was not to long before Ep 1 & 2 came out and I was giving up on PSO. To this day I still never beat ver 2 without a hacked weapon. Mostly because I just plain ran out of time to play it. I still recall that last 4 hour tour of the ruins with a humar casting techs....I ran out of money for fluids though.

Actually there was something that I loved about how they made the Dragon's defence in version 2. The only way for a young character to damage Sil Dragon was to aim for his head. I had a HUnewearl and the main focus was on his head which made the game more interesting. Use a red handgun, nail the head so he drops down, then pull out the melee weapons and smash his head in. FOrces should have about the same about of damage to dragon in all areas IMO. Being able to hurt his feat in version 3 weakened him greatly and didn't make it as fun.

Another boss that got changed abit was Dal Ral Lie. His head was almost undamagable but his body was quite weak so everyone would aim for his body. Its just more interesting to aim for the "weak spot" than smash as you choose.