PDA

View Full Version : how do you say it in JP?

rising_sunset
Mar 20, 2004, 09:55 AM
I seems that I have come acrossed a few japanese words I don't know how to pronounce. Can you people help me,how do you say laugh and serious in jp, not like w for laugh, but actually how would you write it in JP romaji. Thanks for helping!

VulpesMundi
Mar 20, 2004, 10:44 AM
I would think the romaji for laugh and serious would be as follows...

RA-FFU (RA-HHU)
SIRIASU

The dash means to elongate the syllable. The letters F and H are interchangable in japanese (just like L and R). And an important thing to remember is that a U at the end of a japanese word is generally silent in most cases. For example: with the word IKIMASU (it means "let's go" - I forget if there's one K or two...) you don't say E-key-mah-soo, you say E-key-mahss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-03-20 07:53 ]</font>

Hrith
Mar 20, 2004, 01:08 PM
and "w" stands for "warau"

also note that long vowels in Japanese are represented by another vowel, which is not necessarily the same.

it goes like so :
long "a" = "aa"
long "e" = "ei" (not prononced "ey", just like two Japanese "e")
long "i" = "ii"
long "o" = "ou" (see long "e")
long "u" = "uu"

rising_sunset
Mar 20, 2004, 02:22 PM
he hey! Thanks peoples. Like I want to make that into a shortcut that is in kanji, so I just type "warau" and it will appear in kanji or hiragana?

Sharkyland
Mar 20, 2004, 03:27 PM
I think its a little more complicated than that...

Arislan
Mar 20, 2004, 05:53 PM
Well, assuming you mean in PSO, it's not hard. Put the game into JP mode, type in "wara" and press space. This will create the warau kanji.

In any case, there are several words for "serious" in Japanese. "majime" is probably the one you're looking for.

rising_sunset
Mar 20, 2004, 06:58 PM
On 2004-03-20 14:53, Arislan wrote:
Well, assuming you mean in PSO, it's not hard. Put the game into JP mode, type in "wara" and press space. This will create the warau kanji.

In any case, there are several words for "serious" in Japanese. "majime" is probably the one you're looking for.

Thank you peoples, and not serious as expression...

hehe, sorry I meant to say "cry" get it? laugh and cry! LOL.