PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm... Tournament rankings...

RoninJoku
Mar 20, 2004, 12:51 PM
Is your tournament rank universal for your whole guild card #? or something? The reason I ask is... My brother did a bunch of tournaments, and I hadnt played online in a while... but the next time I went online I was up to master rank... about the same number as I had last seen him... =Z

punkasssss
Mar 20, 2004, 01:53 PM
hmm, I'm not sure. It would make sense that their should be separate ranks for each character, but that would explain why I saw a Lord with very few wins and a very low level.

badbitz
Mar 21, 2004, 05:21 PM
The reason you saw a character entitled with Lord with few wins and a low level is because you keep your rank on every character. So, that person has a better character than the one they were using.

Kuea
Mar 22, 2004, 05:24 AM
hmmm makes more sense now

Sharkyland
Mar 24, 2004, 01:12 PM
I was wondering about that, too.

Mixfortune
Mar 24, 2004, 01:43 PM
On 2004-03-20 09:51, RurouniJoku wrote:
Is your tournament rank universal for your whole guild card #? or something? The reason I ask is... My brother did a bunch of tournaments, and I hadnt played online in a while... but the next time I went online I was up to master rank... about the same number as I had last seen him... =Z

You were the same number rank, but a higher title, right?
The titles are based off a percentaged tier system.
This means the more players there are, the wider the ranges go.
I'm not correct on the exact percentages, but for the sake of an example, let's just say that MASTER is in the top 10%.

Let's say you're a SENIOR:13 out of 100 people.
You would need ranked about number 9 or 10 to get MASTER.

So if you log off and 100 more characters are made, there's 200 people. This sets you in the top 10% (since most new characters would most likely not be high ranked by the time you log on next), and thus makes you MASTER:13.

Sharkyland
Mar 24, 2004, 01:47 PM
That means I'm still on the bottom rung of the ladder... in a way.

Myopathy
Mar 24, 2004, 03:09 PM
I thought(on the US version) titles were based solely on the amount of meseta you have earned? Like if you have earned 50K meseta, you'll be a Lord. If you have earned 25K meseta, you'll be a Champ. I don't think the number of people who have earned that much will affect whether you get the title or not. As in if everyone had over 50K meseta, and you did as well, everyone would be a Lord.

VulpesMundi
Mar 24, 2004, 08:30 PM
Total number of people playing your specific version (currently either JP or US) does indeed effect the rankings. Right now for the US version you need around 600-ish to achieve Champ and 200-ish to achieve Lord. For the JP version you need around 3000-ish to achieve Champ and 1000-ish to achieve Lord. Not exact amounts, but in the ballpark. But in the end it is Meseta and only Meseta that effects the rank number you have. So the higher your total Meseta, the better your rank number. The better your rank number, the better your rank title. Elementary, my dear Watson.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-03-24 17:31 ]</font>