PDA

View Full Version : does anyone enjoy using there rare weapons??

kes
Apr 20, 2001, 12:46 AM
I don't know why but most rare weapons suck. If u find a decent regular weapon with good % u can usually do more damage. When i use my force im usually armed with a plane old repeater, though i admit its nice to wack a booma with the frying pan. When im useing my hunter im armed with a repeater or a breaker sword. Now im not talking about the super rare weapons that aren't super rare like the heavens punisher.

force lara lvl 100
force aria lvl 46
hunter ira lvl 100
hunter tyra lvl 7

Draekkan
Apr 20, 2001, 01:02 AM
I like using my S-Beats, but I always ask everyone if it's OK to use the special (high chance of Insta-Kill). As for more common weapons, I like using a Burning Laser with my young RAmar with it's special attack. It always does the same amount of damage for every type of monster.

VampireLR
Apr 20, 2001, 01:46 AM
I'd like using Kindred's lavis cannon and S Beat Blades. Those are the only rare weapons that very useful in my opinion. Force Rares are very useless. Ranger rares are only good if you're alone because people say you're a EXP hog.

Drahktar
Apr 20, 2001, 01:46 AM
Good percentages beat out high attack power anyday. I got a Flowen Sword for every area (40% whatever), and I can kill most anything with a single 3-chain. I hope they make fighting more complex in PSO2. it's far too simple as it is.

Kamotz
Apr 20, 2001, 02:26 AM
I use my Flowen's Sword and Dragon Slayer for everything. My Flowen's has 25%+ on everything but Dark, and my Dragon Slayer has 35% Native.

I still need a decent weapon that's good against dark.

Wu
Apr 20, 2001, 02:38 AM
SBeats, Chainsawd, DSlayer with 0/0/50/50, and my Cbringer are all way better than the normal items I have found.
Though, I still do pack my Shadow Repeaters with 0/25/09/45 at times. Got to love the mech guns.

BWS-1
Apr 20, 2001, 02:45 AM
To be honost, I enjoy using them everytime ( all the 10 I have http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif I keep what I use... strait arsenal but still, I like it that way) I find the game more challenging that way. Espetialy when I use my ''-5% vs A.Beast'' Silence Claw. My fav is the Orotiagito because it's, beside using your fist, it's one of the hardest way to get trough all of the ruins. Of caurse, I always have my Holy Ray on me and loaded ready for DF http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Sierra
Apr 20, 2001, 05:07 AM
I use my spread needle its percents are 35/35/0/55 (I ask if iots ok for me to use it online)

watashiwa
Apr 20, 2001, 05:20 AM
I'll take my Saber+75 over a rare ANYDAY.

Acel
Apr 20, 2001, 07:28 AM
On 2001-04-20 03:20, watashiwa wrote:
I'll take my Saber+75 over a rare ANYDAY.[addsig]

I'll take my DIM HANDGUN+75(25% native) over your SABER+75 for my new characters(esp forces) ANYDAY. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

SaitoH
Apr 20, 2001, 09:18 AM
I just use weapons that I think are cool. If they be rare, then they be rare. Frying pan, twin brand, sting tip, crush bullet, c-sorcerer's, s-beats, psyco wand and c-bringers I really enjoy using. When I get to higher levels I find that the high% stuff makes you wayyy to powerfull. Especially true for hunters.

Lmnopia
Apr 20, 2001, 10:08 AM
i use a beserk caliber but i have a inferno bazooka that i use becuse my ultra short hunter looks cool with a gun bigger then me..

Core
Apr 20, 2001, 10:19 AM
I use ........... my foot ....yes all fear the Kick from hell..... No serioulsy i use what ever weapon i feel like using....

MechDan
Apr 20, 2001, 10:35 AM
The double sabre is fun, especially in an all double sabre team. It's particularly funny when fighting Slimes--the third attack in the combo is too cool to pass up (that leads to LOTS of Slimes)!!!

Although I think it's ugly, a Soul Eater is pretty much the only Force equipable weapon which hits groups of enemies at once.

But all in all, the rare weapons just aren't as good as normal weapons with good elements and photons.

Kamotz
Apr 20, 2001, 11:04 AM
I also like using my Heart Breaker and Soul Calibur ^_^

(even though the specials are useless to me, it's fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif)

MechDan
Apr 20, 2001, 12:11 PM
Ah, but you could still use the special on an Ice Breaker. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Omege12
Apr 20, 2001, 01:11 PM
Rare weapons are just for looks, most of em suck. Hehehehehe

merlin
Apr 20, 2001, 01:13 PM
I cant for the life of me see what everybody sees in this double sabre thing!!!...I give stag cutlerys away.My rangers fave weapon seems to be a good old rifle instead of his spread and merlin relies on spells 95% of the time so it's a varista for him.Most people I see bring out their rares for a room or two then put them away for a regular weapon.I'm guessing that they CANT be all that great.Also...if PSO2 takes your character up to 200,I sure as hell hope they make the game alot harder than it is!!!

MechDan
Apr 20, 2001, 01:42 PM
I also prefer guns to melee weapons, but among melee weapons the double sabre is one of the most fun.

It's highly overvalued, of course, because of Star Wars. But still, it's a good weapon--especially for Forces where its fantastic TP steal is useful.

The long time to first strike makes you think before you attack, the wide arc of hit detection gives you many tactical possibilities, and the backstep at the end gives you a chance to remaneuver after the attack.

Bluestreak
Apr 20, 2001, 02:15 PM
Well, I personally love melee combat with my HUmar, so I use my two Brionacs most of the time. It's not as powerful as the gungir, but the 50% Machine / 50% Dark on one and the 60% Native on the other more than make up for their lack of power. I like using my Soul Eater mainly because I think it looks good, but like Merlin said, I'll usually put it up after a while. I would love to use my Double Saber more often, but it's just too slow. Now after I get me a God/Battle...

The_Saint
Apr 20, 2001, 02:54 PM
I love using my Brave Knuckles...
Not a REALLY rare rare..but, it does the job for me. Makes the game more difficult if you dont grind it too!
Beware My Drunk-In-Boxers Style!!!
O=)

Drake47
Apr 20, 2001, 06:18 PM
I like using my twin brand no wait I don't have one. DaMMIT now I'm depressed.