PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Tool Against Dark Falz

Kuea
Mar 21, 2004, 03:59 AM
I was playing in hard mode with my ranger omega nad during DF third form he was pissing me off by staying invinceable except when he's in the air.
so I got pissed at him and seeing that it was beat 699 I used my Heaven's Punishers special. And it did damage to him. The HP can damage enemies even when invinceable. That would explain why I barely seen any Gunners in the ruins.
did anyone else know this or any other nice effects of weapons?

hmmmm now that I think about it..... This should be in Mag, Ites, Quest and Section ID disscussion.
Sorry can someone move it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gajeh on 2004-03-21 01:01 ]</font>

Butoden
Mar 21, 2004, 04:56 AM
Yeah elemental damage hurts 'invincible' opponent such as Dark Gunner and Falz v3.

Kuea
Mar 21, 2004, 04:57 AM
On 2004-03-21 01:56, Butoden wrote:
Yeah elemental damage hurts 'invincible' opponent such as Dark Gunner and Falz v3.

so all elemental stuff like techs hurt him while invinceable?

Dragon_Knight
Mar 21, 2004, 07:55 AM
Yep, any monster that is invicible to weapons damage is still vulnerable to techs or anything that deals strait damage. So even things like HP draining weapons and weapons with elemntal specials will still damage them.

KingChaos
Mar 21, 2004, 08:08 AM
'The Ultimate Tool Against Dark Falz' for me is either yas 9000m or guld milla(yas always hits apart from when invincible)

Zeroy
Mar 21, 2004, 10:22 AM
DF can be harmed by techs when he's glowing? i know gunners could. ive gotta try that next time my friend and i fight him.

Cheep
Mar 21, 2004, 11:23 AM
I always used to use red scorpio's special. It usualy hit from a distance as well as with the special. Now I absorb his hp with guld milla.

Jkid
Mar 21, 2004, 11:32 AM
Actully, elemental weapons except for instant-kill elements can damage 'invincible' enemies.

rising_sunset
Mar 21, 2004, 11:44 AM
On 2004-03-21 01:57, Gajeh wrote:

so all elemental stuff like techs hurt him while invinceable?

Yes, and many people say to use grants, but personally I prefer just ordinary foie. Since they they around the same amount of damage, foie casts faster, useless less TP, and I think it has longer range.

Scales_of_Air
Mar 21, 2004, 09:43 PM
Hmm... I felt like Grants had the longest range of all my techs... Who knows, *shrugs* But yeah, I never noticed falz was invincible for that time, I just kept hitting him (or rather, the consciousness)with Foie and tried not to die by HIS grants, hehe.

Para
Mar 21, 2004, 09:54 PM
Also specials hurt Gunners and Invincible Dark Falz as well.

Such as:
HP Drain (You can actually kill them by just draining HP)
Zonde Type Techs
Barta Type Techs
Foie Type Techs
Paralyze (Paralyzing them will allow you to hurt them physically)
Confuse
Freeze (Frozen Shooter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif freezing them will also allow you to damage them)
Experience Drain (You dont really do damage but you gain experience)
TP Drain (Drain TP but no damage)

Dont think I missed any...

goku4ever
Mar 22, 2004, 02:02 PM
i havent come across falz on hard yet but when i do this will come in handy tar v much

Logical2u
Mar 22, 2004, 05:00 PM
HP would only work during certain times, so I find that a regular old Custom Ray can be just a effective, it casts a Fire Type attack as special and has decent power / range, is usuable by most everyone.

It's your decision though.

He's like a gunner. Techs hit gunners easily. (Gizonde on gunners = murder!)

Zack_Morris
Mar 22, 2004, 05:04 PM
I always thought the ultimate tool for beating dark falz was self-confidence!

Outrider
Mar 22, 2004, 05:33 PM
On 2004-03-22 14:04, Zack_Morris wrote:

You really sound like a Saved by the Bell character with a comment like that.

Zeik123
Mar 22, 2004, 05:40 PM
I heard somebody say something about one hit KO specials don't work on sheilded enemy's like Death Gunner's. I'm sorry but you are WAY wrong. You can hit them with one hit KO moves. Bosses aren't effected by it bc that would make for a way to easy fight. IT's like you go into Dark Falz Ulti, use the special and he's dead you get 39,000 EXP and combined with the Boss TP trick can make for big cheaters. I had heard somebody killed a boss in one hit. Whoever said that is lying as that's impossible.

Para
Mar 22, 2004, 05:44 PM
On 2004-03-22 14:40, Zeik123 wrote:
I heard somebody say something about one hit KO specials don't work on sheilded enemy's like Death Gunner's. I'm sorry but you are WAY wrong. You can hit them with one hit KO moves. Bosses aren't effected by it bc that would make for a way to easy fight. IT's like you go into Dark Falz Ulti, use the special and he's dead you get 39,000 EXP and combined with the Boss TP trick can make for big cheaters. I had heard somebody killed a boss in one hit. Whoever said that is lying as that's impossible.

That makes more sense then, All techs should affect physical shield barriers.

TheGoldenVoid
Mar 23, 2004, 04:42 AM
Good lord, non-androids are using guns against DF's final form? No no no. Foie all the way. Not only will it damage him at ALL times but due to the auto-aim with Foie, you will never miss. Furthermore if you DO feel the need to fire a few shots with a gun while he is not invincible, the casting of Foie will line your aim up perfectly, so you won't miss with the gun either (unless he moves suddenly).

"Yep, any monster that is invicible to weapons damage is still vulnerable to techs or anything that deals strait damage."

Not every monster is. The annoying transforming monsters in Ep2 cannot be damaged by anything until they stop zipping about, I believe.

IceBurner
Mar 23, 2004, 05:50 AM
Deldepths aren't invincible while moving, it's just really hard to smack them like I know we all want to http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

First off, it should be stated that Deldepths, like many other Ep2 enemies, have a familliar Ep1 basis; they're very much like slimes sped up to ridiculous velocities. The major difference is that you can target a moving Deldepth, which, I believe is a by-product of their being able to attack while moving.

I've managed to hit them occasionally with a really well-timed physical attack (though that may only work when they're about to stop) plus android traps will still affect them. Some techs may also work, but not all, I'm not 100% on those as only my android has visited Seabed more then a few times.

TheGoldenVoid
Mar 23, 2004, 07:12 AM
I've only been there with a Force so I was definately targeting them and hitting them with techs while they were moving. It certainly appeared so anyway. Yet it dealt no damage.

rising_sunset
Mar 23, 2004, 09:39 AM
On 2004-03-22 14:04, Zack_Morris wrote:

haha, you don't need that for falz you will probably need that for olga http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

heyf00L
Mar 23, 2004, 01:04 PM
Hmm. The real question is how many people have a Heaven Punisher or Guld Milla?

Oh yeah, pretty much everyone ;/.

BogusKun
Mar 23, 2004, 01:12 PM
Heavens Punisher works only at a certain time...

Which I think is stupid but, unique.

Para
Mar 23, 2004, 06:24 PM
On 2004-03-23 02:50, IceBurner wrote:
Deldepths aren't invincible while moving, it's just really hard to smack them like I know we all want to http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

First off, it should be stated that Deldepths, like many other Ep2 enemies, have a familliar Ep1 basis; they're very much like slimes sped up to ridiculous velocities. The major difference is that you can target a moving Deldepth, which, I believe is a by-product of their being able to attack while moving.

I've managed to hit them occasionally with a really well-timed physical attack (though that may only work when they're about to stop) plus android traps will still affect them. Some techs may also work, but not all, I'm not 100% on those as only my android has visited Seabed more then a few times.

Which is true. Try using frozen shooter on them. Most of the time you'll hit them.

PsychoMantis
Mar 23, 2004, 08:59 PM
On 2004-03-21 00:59, Gajeh wrote:
I was playing in hard mode with my ranger omega nad during DF third form he was pissing me off by staying invinceable except when he's in the air.
so I got pissed at him and seeing that it was beat 699 I used my Heaven's Punishers special. And it did damage to him. The HP can damage enemies even when invinceable. That would explain why I barely seen any Gunners in the ruins.
did anyone else know this or any other nice effects of weapons?

hmmmm now that I think about it..... This should be in Mag, Ites, Quest and Section ID disscussion.
Sorry can someone move it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gajeh on 2004-03-21 01:01 ]</font>

yah same here gajeh, i also think HP is very useful for dark falz especially for androids (RAcast and RAcaseal) to use on the 3rd form since droids dont get foie or grantz which is useful

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PsychoMantis on 2004-03-24 00:37 ]</font>