PDA

View Full Version : PSO Proxy

Link00seven
Mar 21, 2004, 02:33 PM
Hello...

I'm trying to get PSO Proxy to work with my copies of PSO (epI&II&III) but I cannot get it to work. Whenever I goto the website and tell it to connect it just keeps trying to load the page even though it cannot.

Any help? I'm using Win XP Home.

EDIT: Well, its workin with EpI&II...but not EpIII. A fix?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Linkooseven on 2004-03-21 11:44 ]</font>

Jack
Mar 21, 2004, 03:09 PM
Episode III won't work with LAN IP addresses, because of the new netcode used. Instead of using their own code, Sonic Team use something called Ave-TCP, which is more stable, but won't connect to a LAN IP such as 192.168.0.1. Each time you want to use PSOProxy, you'll need to get your PC's WAN IP, which you can get from www.whatismyip.com, and put that into the connection settings.

Link00seven
Mar 21, 2004, 03:21 PM
Will that work with EpI&II also or just EpIII?

EDIT: Now EpIII gives me a file not found error...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Linkooseven on 2004-03-21 12:25 ]</font>

Jack
Mar 21, 2004, 05:15 PM
Oh wait, I've got an idea. The page PSOProxy sends to the GameCube is named after the page that the browser aims for originally. In the PAL version's case, it sends a page called /redirector. This will be different for Episode III, so I think what we need to do is find out what page the EP3 browser connects to, and do some renaming accordingly.

Link00seven
Mar 21, 2004, 08:06 PM
How are we supposed to do this?

Arislan
Mar 22, 2004, 06:47 AM
It can't find the snapshot file. PSOProxy isn't compatible with Episode 3, since the file it looks for is named differently (something like pso3snap and psosnap). Until PSOproxy gets updated, you can't use it for Episode 3 snapshots (without a USB card anyway)

Makojin
Mar 22, 2004, 05:35 PM
As I've said before, if someone has programming knowlage plase help us. The original proxy writers aren't going to update to episode 3 on their own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Makojin on 2004-03-22 14:37 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Mar 22, 2004, 07:13 PM
There is no point since Loramaru fixed the old upload page in this THREAD (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=78614&forum=3&5)

We no longer need PSO Proxy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jack
Mar 23, 2004, 03:42 AM
If you still want to use it, go into the .ini file in the PSOProxy folder, and change the name of the file it uploads. It's something like PSO_SNAPSHOT, as mentioned earlier. If you find out the name of Episode III's snapshot file, you can upload that.

Loramaru
Mar 23, 2004, 02:10 PM
On 2004-03-23 00:42, Jack wrote:
If you still want to use it, go into the .ini file in the PSOProxy folder, and change the name of the file it uploads. It's something like PSO_SNAPSHOT, as mentioned earlier. If you find out the name of Episode III's snapshot file, you can upload that.

Episode I&II uses PSO_SCREEN
Episode III uses PSO3_SCREEN

VioletSkye
Mar 23, 2004, 05:31 PM
On 2004-03-23 00:42, Jack wrote:

Uhhh did you even look at the ini file? It doesn't even mention the actual name of the file. You need to edit the HTML file (upload.html for the US version) and you need to edit the actual psoproxy.exe file to accpet the pso3_screen.gci file from ep. 3.

The ini file contains no info on the type of file that is uploaded. Here is a complete listing of the proxy.ini file:

[server]
port=8080
webroot=webroot/
errorpage=webroot/error.html
404page=webroot/404.html

[snapshot]
dir=snapshots/
vdir=/snapshots/
gamma=2
sharpness=3

[Mime DB]
default=application/octet-stream
htm=text/html
html=text/html
txt=text/plain
gif=image/gif
jpg=image/jpeg
png=image/png

[Applets]
count=0

[vdir]
/snapshots/=snapshots/

[vfile]
/=/index.html
/redirector=/index.html
/redirector/=/index.html
/visualbbs/upload.cgi=snapshot

Jack
Mar 24, 2004, 04:54 AM
It was either the ini file or the html file. I took a look at the ini file after I posted that, and I was like "wtf".

Cecil_McW00t
Mar 25, 2004, 03:29 PM
I used the new upload site and when I was emailed the pic, it was just a black box. I looked at my snapshot file in PSOIII's options and it shows up just fine. What happened?

Axel3792
Mar 25, 2004, 08:30 PM
with the new EpIII upload thing...

----
So, when it says "connect to internet 6", what's up
with that? Do you need broadband and be connected
through a router? Can you explain more plz? Do you
just send your pic through pso, then get on the site,
put in your email, and recieve the pic for the
corresponding PSO email??? and how big is the picture
recieved?????? can anyone explain more in detail,
before we go and mess with our websettings for PSO?