PDA

View Full Version : AP will be used for Techs?? HUH?

Mr_Special
Mar 21, 2004, 02:51 PM
can anyone explain to me what happens when you use a tech with one of those AC disable "Action Disruptor" weapons, such as C-Bringers rifle and Kaladbolg?

i really don't understand, and haven't had a chance to try...

does it use the SCs AP, or the weapons AP or what?

i don't quite understand why it would use the SCs AP, and if it uses the weapons AP, then why does C-Bringers have +4 TP??

very, very, strange...

[edit] fixed up the "AC disable" thing for clarity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Special on 2004-03-22 16:50 ]</font>

Kupi
Mar 21, 2004, 03:06 PM
I believe that's a defensive ability, not an offensive one. God's Shield Genbu has the same thing on it. Essentially, if someone tries to hit you with an Action Card, they simply attack you as normal, with no bonuses from the Action Card. The range still counts, though... it's the only way to make a melee attack with Zonde's range.

punkasssss
Mar 21, 2004, 03:41 PM
I believe that is correct.

Eibra
Mar 21, 2004, 03:44 PM
Basically no matter what action card you play or spell you cast, you end up normal physically attacking (without any ap modifiers you might have recieved from the cards) at whatever range you were at. As said, it will turn zonde into a ranged normal hit. It won't stop effects like rampage, just the ap modifiers. It's a really annoying ability if you ask me heh. Really screws up my caster decks.

Jools
Mar 21, 2004, 04:40 PM
Put some windmills in there. It insta-kills god shield genbus, whether they defend or not.

Jools

Mr_Special
Mar 21, 2004, 05:27 PM
so why does C-Bringers rifles have TP +4??

why does it cost so much to equip it, when it only has 1 extra range compared to a normal rifle?

i guess ST was drunk when they made this card :/

Kupi
Mar 21, 2004, 08:59 PM
Caster's weapon, I suppose? Very good keep-away range if you haven't got a tech card to play to use that TP. You can at least get a pester shot in, and a HU will have to cross three spaces before they can start using their ATK to launch attacks.

Alisha
Mar 22, 2004, 12:49 PM
well it keeps you safe from stuff like tp defence and theres always stuff like permission

Zaneatron
Mar 22, 2004, 01:09 PM
GAH!

honestly, you people.

ok, first things first. when you attack with a tech, you add up the TP of the SC, the wep its being used with (if applicable) and the TP of the card. the total will be the amount of damage you inflict.

secondly, kaladabolg is an "action disruptor", this means it cant use action cards, and opponents cant use action cards on it.

thridly, c-bringers rifle is AC unable but Tech OK. this means it can use tech cards, which is why it has 4 TP and a yellow bar down the right side of the card! i know not all cards that have TP can cast techs, but this one can, although it cant use other action cards.

and whenever you cast a tech, AP has nothing to do with it, what-so-ever. what were you thinking? does it use SC or wep AP? what?!?!?! im sorry to be blunt, but that was piss poor reasoning, why would we have TP on weps, or in the game for that matter if it didnt affect techs?!

VulpesMundi
Mar 22, 2004, 03:51 PM
Zaneatron, this is what Mr Special was referring to...

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/2004_03/e3_kaladbolg_5.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/2004_03/e3_kaladbolg_6.jpg

As you can see, it says, "When receiving a tech attack, damage is based on AP." Unfortunately, I can't answer that question (yet).

Mr_Special
Mar 22, 2004, 07:44 PM
On 2004-03-22 10:09, Zaneatron wrote:
secondly, kaladabolg is an "action disruptor", this means it cant use action cards, and opponents cant use action cards on it.

first of all, "LOL!"

ok, are you sure enemies can't use action cards (as in defense cards) on kaladbolg?

i'm not near my Cube and i don't have a link for all the card descriptions, but i remember comparing Kaladbolg to Yas handgun and seeing slightly different descriptions.

at the time it seemed to me that Kaladbolg can't use action cards and can be defended, because the COM at least has used def cards against it, while the Yas HGun specifically says the defender can't use defense cards but the attacker can't use action cards either (in that order if i remember correctly).

'course, i'm not so sure about this, a lot of cards have odd and unclear descriptions, as well as different descriptions for the same ability, and i don't just mean different numbers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Special on 2004-03-22 16:47 ]</font>

Zaneatron
Mar 22, 2004, 07:58 PM
yeah, i made a slight error in that post.

all the same kaladabolg is an action disruptor, what this means is that action card bonus's and other such malarke take affect when attacking. due to this, when someone casts a tech on it, it is removed and the AP of the casting player is used. which should explain your question.

yas 2k has limited action, which means no def cards or action cards can be used on it.

def cards can be used on action disruptors though.

Mr_Special
Mar 22, 2004, 08:21 PM
On 2004-03-22 16:58, Zaneatron wrote:
all the same kaladabolg is an action disruptor, what this means is that action card bonus's and other such malarke take affect when attacking. due to this, when someone casts a tech on it, it is removed and the AP of the casting player is used. which should explain your question.

*deletes what he was typing*

wait... i just confused myself...

so, the Kbolg wielder can't use ACs on the Kbolg and neither can someone attacking the Kbolg?

but when casting a tech, for the Wielder and for the person attacking the wielder, the tech is just a regular attack... but it still uses the techs animation and range, right? and it can still be defended by tech specific defenses, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Special on 2004-03-22 17:22 ]</font>

DOG21313
Mar 22, 2004, 10:18 PM
On 2004-03-22 17:21, Mr_Special wrote:

On 2004-03-22 16:58, Zaneatron wrote:

*deletes what he was typing*

wait... i just confused myself...

so, the Kbolg wielder can't use ACs on the Kbolg and neither can someone attacking the Kbolg?

but when casting a tech, for the Wielder and for the person attacking the wielder, the tech is just a regular attack... but it still uses the techs animation and range, right? and it can still be defended by tech specific defenses, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Special on 2004-03-22 17:22 ]</font>

It doesnt lose the range, but it does a normal attack animation instead of the tech. Im not sure if it can be defended... but since Def cards are counted as action, im guessing not.

God Shield Genbu has messed me up tons of times when i just completly forget that it has Action Disrupter... x.X

Zaneatron
Mar 23, 2004, 03:02 AM
god dammit, i had like 2 minitues to type that out.

stop the press, it should say, "dont take affect when attacking".

none of this stuff appears on my cards, all it says is that kaladabolg is an action disruptor, and explains what that is. but ive learned from experiance what it does, and you dont want to cast tornado when one of them is equipped. admittedly, it has its advantages to cast it in this situation, seeing it hits everything, but as i said, it hits everything doing your characters AP too all cards on the field, instead of cards wih3 HP or less. it can cause problems, or be quite useful.

anyway, an action disruptor will completely remove any direct bonus gained from an action card. the range will remain though, as will the rampage ability. basically, you can attack several action disrputors with rampage and it will still hit all of them. im quite confident that defence cards can be played on them, but i reguard them as kinda lame, and dont like them that much, so i dont use them, so im not an expert, but i still know what they do :S been against them so many times.