PDA

View Full Version : Technique card - the AC card itself, not Foie or the likes

navci
Mar 21, 2004, 02:53 PM
Well. I was bored and thinking, since there is a technique card...

If you equip... say a wsaber ... er, double saber with Saligun, +3 TP, then use technique +1 TP, then Barta +2 TP, technically, you should be able to deal 6 damage with a tech on a bot.

.... But then of course, Sali can probably do more damage physically. Just a thought though, what practical purposes is there for the "technique" card past making amusing things like this happen? And, if you do make something like this happen, is there a way to make this practical?

The only way I have thought of so far is if you have an Arkz tech with mostly tech-okay creatures but then one of the creature which is very good, but not tech-able, maybe you can throw in the technique card for it to tech something, but then it only adds 1 TP so maybe it won't do much.

I also saw Ino'lis adding this card to her tech and do 1 more damage...

I dunno. Thoughts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-03-21 13:53 ]</font>

decswxaqz
Mar 21, 2004, 03:26 PM
The amount of tech defending cards is a lot less than the physical damage cards. The chance that someone has a tech defense card compared to a physical resistance card is less. So whilst you have a better chance of inflicting more damage with a physical attack, the more chance they have of defending against it and reducing or countering all the damgage. Or you can do less damage but have a higher chance of actually hitting.

And the higher level tech cards have a better chance of inflicting status effects, Freeze on 4 for example.

EDIT: Not sure but there is a handy tech x 2 damage card. I don't think there is one for physical attacks. But I'm not sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decswxaqz on 2004-03-21 12:29 ]</font>

punkasssss
Mar 21, 2004, 03:40 PM
can humanoids use techniques if they have tech ok weps equipped? I never thought about it, just assumed they wouldn't be able to.

decswxaqz
Mar 21, 2004, 04:19 PM
No they can't. Androids can't use techs even on cards that have techs enabled. Unless they have a special "Tech enable" action card. I can't remember the name though. Only when a tech card is used with this card, can androids use techs.

Jools
Mar 21, 2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah, what he said. And its rubbish too. So don't worry, your're not going to see armies of humanoids casting techs.

Jools

navci
Mar 21, 2004, 04:53 PM
On 2004-03-21 13:19, decswxaqz wrote:
No they can't. Androids can't use techs even on cards that have techs enabled. Unless they have a special "Tech enable" action card. I can't remember the name though. Only when a tech card is used with this card, can androids use techs.

The "Tech enable" card is the card I am talking about "Technique". :/

decswxaqz
Mar 21, 2004, 04:59 PM
Oh right. I see. Well you can understand the confusion right?? ^_^;;;

Well. I guess if you are playing with someone who knows your decks, and they alter their deck to fight you, you can throw it in for a surprise. For example, you play deck named "Robot" which is an android char. You know that your opponent has played deck called "Hunter" because they are more powerful 1vs1. You throw some tech enable cards and tech cards you can mess up their plans by throwing nothing but techs at them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Also, in a more general scenario. Fighting someone you don't know. Play an android char, and the person playing you will draw/throw of all of their tech defense cards because they don't think you can cast techs. High TP weapon (Rika's Claw would be good since it swaps a high AP/TP), and throw techs at them on alternate turns. They then have to have both defense and attack cards in the next hand to block you. Less room for a weapon or attack action card.

Kupi
Mar 21, 2004, 08:57 PM
The Assist card you're thinking of is Permission. Permission is essentially a bigger version of Technique, which allows the player with it to cast techs with non-Tech OK cards, but without the +1 TP of Technique.

It might take more ATK than you can spare, but Gizonde's Heavy Rampage could take an unsuspecting Hunter by surprise. Gifoie would lose way too much TP than you could spare, though. And hey, you could always try to Freeze with a Barta tech.

Galloping
Mar 21, 2004, 11:15 PM
Why go through all of that trouble when you could just use something like punch http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif...

Arislan
Mar 22, 2004, 12:31 AM
Because I then toss out a TP Defense and watch as your attack doesn't do anything to any of my weapons. However, your droid pops out a Gizonde, I have a TP defense, and I watch as all my items go "pop!"

One use for it, and I've used it to high effect before.

Hyze deck,

xox - Opponent
o-o o - Enemy
CoH C - Clippen H - Hyze

Hyze raises the AP of all things in the square around him, Clippen does the same. Hyze then casts Technique/Shifta. Boom, +2 or +3 Ap for the two enemies in his circle. Very effective.

Galloping
Mar 22, 2004, 01:02 AM
Yeah, although there's more defense played against physical (non-tp type attacks), the physical attack is more reliable and stronger in 90% of the cases. Of course, I was refering to the person doing the combo just to get a decent hit off with a spell, I think just using punch or a weapon with freeze is better, even with the risk of your tp defense.

Edit: People act like there's some kind of element of surprise in EP3... its not like you can sideboard or prepare for the deck you face.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Galloping on 2004-03-21 22:03 ]</font>

Arislan
Mar 22, 2004, 01:10 AM
Ahh, but you can. I have 3 versions of the sme deck, one for Anti-Hunters, one Anti-Arkz, and one for unknown. If I can figure from the deck name what the opponent is playing, I can do just that, sideboard. Of course there are the occasions that someone states that the deck is hunters and it isn't but generally, it's not too rough.

SolRiver
Mar 22, 2004, 01:51 AM
here is an idea... I havent actually done it yet... but i think this combo can be quite useful

C-bringer rifle + stella + techinque + barta...

stella fix range will give her 4 block long barta that pass thru arkz monsters, the only problem this has is the AP u going to need... of course... kranz could have done the same... and probably better...

I guess this is just a card good for a little refreshment or surprise... even if they have tech def card, when they see you are android, i mean humanoid... they will throw out their tech def card, most likely at least... especially that if you are hunter humanoid.

punkasssss
Mar 22, 2004, 07:09 PM
That is a good idea with the fixed range, you could do it with all sorts of weps depending on what you needed to hit.

Mr_Special
Mar 22, 2004, 07:53 PM
^ i second that.

i feel like making a "fixed-ranged tech exploitation deck" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Special on 2004-03-22 16:54 ]</font>

SolRiver
Mar 23, 2004, 01:12 AM
oh yea, btw i forgot to mention this... IT MIGHT NOT WORK... why? because when fix range is there, ur range is FIXED that means things like handgun or bringer rifle that only target "ONE" enemy at a timem not allowing you to choose the opponent behinde the blockage monster or something simliar.

However, things like nug 2000 bazooka and maser beam and so on that fix ur range to hitting whatever in the area, then it will work wonders... but then... those things TP is low, best tech to use is probably rabarta or gibarta, which freeze anything in that area with 3 or 4 higher roll.