PDA

View Full Version : A new goal for myself regarding lvl 200

Madzozs
Mar 22, 2004, 01:07 AM
So I got to thinking today about clever ways to get to lvl 200. I have not gotten a character there the traditional way yet, but I already have my odd way planned. I will do 148,160 Normal Forest runs, in which I kill every enemy. This is rounded up based on the average of the experience gained per run from all 4 offline variations.

Blitzkommando
Mar 22, 2004, 01:22 AM
I can assure you that you will go insane before finishing that.

Kuea
Mar 22, 2004, 01:25 AM
well if he thought of that he probebly already is.

Saffran
Mar 22, 2004, 06:40 AM
I wonder why he'd do that, considering you only need to clear the game 400 times in ultimate to do the same...
But well, to each his own.

Madzozs
Mar 22, 2004, 06:51 AM
It is a boredom/ADD kinda thing. To clear ult, i'd have to beat the other 3 modes. I don't want to. It's just a way to make the game more interesting to those with the same intellect as me. That of a 5 year old.

Kuea
Mar 22, 2004, 07:01 AM
good point
lol

rising_sunset
Mar 22, 2004, 09:00 AM
On 2004-03-21 22:07, Madzozs wrote:
I will do 148,160 Normal Forest runs

Like they all said, that will make you go crazy. And you will go insane even if you are bored. why not try doing 100 runs then see how it is. I'm sure that is painful enough...hehe

Rainbowlemon
Mar 22, 2004, 09:03 AM
We should have a poll to see who thinks he/she will make it or not. I vote not!

You'll get waaay too bored. Probably quit at 1000 runs, is my guess. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rising_sunset
Mar 22, 2004, 09:04 AM
On 2004-03-22 06:03, Antimony wrote:
Probably quit at 1000 runs, is my guess. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nah, I would say from 100 to 500 runs he will quit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif XP

KingChaos
Mar 22, 2004, 10:12 AM
be the biggest waste of time in your whole life

u get about 3k in 1 forest normal run so if u do in ult itll be 14,800 runs

Kuea
Mar 22, 2004, 10:15 AM
On 2004-03-22 07:12, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
be the biggest waste of time in your whole life

u get about 3k in 1 forest normal run so if u do in ult itll be 14,800 runs

IMO
I would not be able to stand doing that. I would go crazy and destroy PSO

Madzozs
Mar 22, 2004, 10:56 AM
See here is the thing, I work until 8:30 am, and then i sit at home and relax until 2:00 pm when i got back to work. The way I figure it is, it is a way for me to pass the time until I go back to school in the fall, or find something better to do. It isn't as though I am going to do it all as soon as I can. I am going to take my time. Whenever I don't feel like watching tv, or playing another character, I'll do this.

KaFKa
Mar 22, 2004, 12:45 PM
no, you have no clue of the endless ulty ruins runs i had to make to get to 200, pure monotony...

i sya he'll quit after 10 runs

Zack_Morris
Mar 22, 2004, 02:06 PM
That's the coolest idea ever.

What's the pool up to?

Blatt4Life
Mar 22, 2004, 02:55 PM
Heh yes that would get very boring.

mafuwally
Mar 22, 2004, 03:36 PM
...no offence but that the most stupid idea i've ever heard......

Kuea
Mar 22, 2004, 03:51 PM
well not really just the most boring

Zeik123
Mar 22, 2004, 05:47 PM
Boring going through the other modes? You really should at least play them before you diss em. You also should do some OTHER than forest. At the very most you get 3000K for one run. Second of all you wil need to do it a whole heck of a lot more runs than that to get to level 200.

Zeroy
Mar 22, 2004, 05:58 PM
On 2004-03-22 14:47, Zeik123 wrote:
Boring going through the other modes? You really should at least play them before you diss em. You also should do some OTHER than forest. At the very most you get 3000K for one run. Second of all you wil need to do it a whole heck of a lot more runs than that to get to level 200.

3000K? thats 3,000,000 exp >.<

on topic: that is the stupidest idea ive ever heard http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif i nearly go nuts trying to get even 1 character out of normal... luckly it only takes me about 4 hours once i transfer my mag, units, and good weapons http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

rising_sunset
Mar 22, 2004, 06:50 PM
On 2004-03-22 09:45, KaFKa wrote:
i sya he'll quit after 10 runs

Uh, nah...But 200 maybe he won't make it. But 10 a bit too less, maybe 20? haha XP

Zack_Morris
Mar 22, 2004, 07:41 PM
I say he does it and then rubs it in everyones face, then everyone starts crying. That would be awesome.

Madzozs
Mar 22, 2004, 08:52 PM
Zeik, I have played the other boards/difficulties. I have gotten 4 or 5 characters into Ultimate, and I still plan on playing the game with my normal characters, it's just that I feel like doing something else sometimes with the game, and this is a great way to do it.

Also, I did the math myself:
Total experience needed to reach lvl 200 / the average xp gained from forest 1 + average xp from forest 2.

The exp does not include the boss, so It will actually be less than the aforementioned amount of runs.

Also, to those that think I'll give up after 10 or 20 runs. You already lose the bet, I'm doing number 31 as I type this.

punkasssss
Mar 22, 2004, 09:20 PM
I think it's funny and you should give it a shot. Keep a piece of paper around and make hash marks to keep track of how many you have done, and post the results here.

Madzozs
Mar 22, 2004, 09:29 PM
Good news, I just did the math over with the boss exp added into the equation and it turns out on average, I'll get 911.75 exp per run. Using that amount, I will have to do 91,284 runs. Thank god for the boss.

Saffran
Mar 22, 2004, 09:53 PM
What? (does the math)
You're playing GC.... explains a lot.

Madzozs
Mar 22, 2004, 10:08 PM
Boy, that sure was a huge contribution to the topic. Thanks for taking the time.

Cc08
Mar 22, 2004, 10:55 PM
Good luck, I get bored after doing around 20 ULT Forest runs, but Normal? You are crazy, but I wish you luck

rising_sunset
Mar 24, 2004, 01:07 AM
On 2004-03-22 19:55, Cc08 wrote:
Good luck, I get bored after doing around 20 ULT Forest runs, but Normal? You are crazy, but I wish you luck

I don't even do 2 runs of any sort in a row! Or that is boring enough! LOL

Ether
Mar 24, 2004, 05:20 AM
On 2004-03-22 18:29, Madzozs wrote:
Good news, I just did the math over with the boss exp added into the equation and it turns out on average, I'll get 911.75 exp per run. Using that amount, I will have to do 91,284 runs. Thank god for the boss.

How long does a run take you? If they take 10 minutes each (including quitting and restarting to reload forest) thats 912,840 minutes, or 15,214 hours, or 634 days, or 1.73 years (about)

Yeah man, have fun wasting your life

Madzozs
Mar 24, 2004, 08:45 AM
Quitting and restarting is pointless when I can just start a quest, immediately cancel it, and the forest is left unscathed. Also, it isn't as though I plan on doing this and only this. I am going to do this when I get bored of my other characters, or don't feel like doing anything else. It was just an idea, and for some reason, all the morons on the internet decided to find their way to my post. Those of you that actually had something useful to say, thanks. To the others who are most likely just trying to get their post numbers higher so they can spend their lives as forum whores, eat bleach and die.

Saffran
Mar 24, 2004, 09:14 AM
To the others who are most likely just trying to get their post numbers higher so they can spend their lives as forum whores, eat bleach and die.
My last post was a huge contribution. The casual reader could notice that you were not only be the proud owner of a moronic idea, but also of a cheap assed version of the game, which provides you with uber-common rare weapons and monsters with uber-weak magic resistance, as well as a crapload of exp for bosses such as Sil Dragon that you can get rid of in under 20 minutes, Forest 1&2 included.
Plus your answer showed that you have no sense of respect for other posters, as well.

That's a lot of faults for a single person. At least you don't really -have- to talk all that much with people at your work...
So : all in all, it's no wonder a person like you could come up with such an idea.

See? If I had not posted, we wouldn't have that much insight on your personality. It WAS a huge contribution to the thread! ^_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2004-03-24 06:16 ]</font>

Madzozs
Mar 24, 2004, 09:45 AM
Hey Freud, the only insight on my personality in that entire post of yours was you saying I have no respect for other posters. The rest of the babble was about the version of the game I am playing. But thank you for your ever so wonderful attempt at making yourself sound much smarter than you are. Also, you mentioned me not - having- to talk all the much with people at work. Do you know where I work? No, because if you did, then you would know that my entire job is based around communication. To further make you sound like a moron that jumps to conclusions, I work with school age kids(ages 5-12). I kind of have to talk with the kids, their parents, and their teachers as well. So aside from the 70+ I talk to on average, EACH DAY, you are right. I don't talk to many people.

Now how about your personality... I think you are a very defensive person with not much in the critical thinking aspect of life. Probably book smart, but dumb as a rock when it comes to common sense. Also, you are quick to jump the gun and assume you are always right, when in fact....you were pwned.

TheGoldenVoid
Mar 24, 2004, 10:30 AM
"It was just an idea, and for some reason, all the morons on the internet decided to find their way to my post."

I'm guessing a moronic idea attracted the morons. Hey, including me!! Assuming you're not actually joking....good luck.

Dhylec
Mar 24, 2004, 10:49 AM
keep your cool ppl!
any more name calling & flaming will not make it better..
you might earn warnings & a lock if this keeps up

Madzozs
Mar 24, 2004, 11:09 AM
Dhylec, I agree we should keep our cool, I know I didn't, but oh well. It just bothers me that if people don't like the idea, or people disagree or whatever, they don't need to reply with something ascinine.

KingChaos
Mar 24, 2004, 11:26 AM
worst idea ever in my view(go through ult mines alot if any)

Saffran
Mar 24, 2004, 08:55 PM
Do you know where I work?
I thought I did. Someone who works at an internet cafe (and thus can play online at work) started a thread very similar to this one - and also had some nonsense talk about leveling up in Normal.
I indeed talked too fast for my own good this time, and I own you apologies on that one.

The person you described while talking about me sounds pretty much like me a few years back. So I guess I really was "pwned" here.

I still stick to it though: my post was a huge contribution to the topic ^_^
So there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

rising_sunset
Mar 25, 2004, 12:49 AM
(go through ult mines alot if any)

no, maybe ult cave or forest?
Those annoying robots can kill you...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carolsdegga on 2004-03-25 05:55 ]</font>

KingChaos
Mar 25, 2004, 11:32 AM
On 2004-03-24 21:49, carolsdegga wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carolsdegga on 2004-03-25 05:55 ]</font>

the robots are weak caves boring forest or mines for me

Jarek
Mar 26, 2004, 11:54 PM
Well, I don't really know what to say.
It's definitely not something I would be able to do, but if you're comitted, go for it.

Did you mention what character class you are? I may have skipped over it. Cause if you were a FO of some type, a good rafoie would probably work wonders.

A different idea, but it's pretty amusing all the same. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

rising_sunset
Mar 27, 2004, 01:13 AM
On 2004-03-25 08:32, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:

On 2004-03-24 21:49, carolsdegga wrote:

the robots are weak caves boring forest or mines for me

Personally ult mines gave me the creeps...
I prefer ult everywhere else http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
dang robots don't get recoiled when you hit them >.<