PDA

View Full Version : Card: Duel Guard, GIVE IT UP

RuinedReBirth
Mar 22, 2004, 01:37 AM
Seriously! What in the hell is up with this little piece of trash!? Does he seriously EVER give up his Duel Guard!??!

SolRiver
Mar 22, 2004, 01:45 AM
u mean the 50 meseta capsule in the online shop? if so... yes... that dam little capsule wont give me a duel guard either

Arislan
Mar 22, 2004, 02:01 AM
If what I've read on a few JP boards is correct, there are 2 cards in each machine that are 1/6 chances, and one in each that is a 1/256. Dual Guard must be the 1/256.

Getintothegame
Mar 22, 2004, 02:13 AM
On 2004-03-21 23:01, Arislan wrote:
If what I've read on a few JP boards is correct, there are 2 cards in each machine that are 1/6 chances, and one in each that is a 1/256. Dual Guard must be the 1/256.

Now I'm going to go crazy. I just spent all my 20,000 looking for this card... and NOT ONE. No S rank, either. Dang. Good night.

navci
Mar 22, 2004, 02:53 AM
.. I.... got that just recently. Spent about 2000 meseta on it. And it randomly popped out.

What? Is it good?

Arislan
Mar 22, 2004, 03:06 AM
No, pretty much useless card, but it's rare is as, and needed of course for full collections.

AppieDPC
Mar 22, 2004, 06:10 AM
Completly unconfirmed theory, but seems to work in the game:
Some time ago Psojohndoe2 wanted some Protection cards, well I wanted those too and I had about 60k meseta to waste. So off I went to the shop. Then Psojohndoe2 said that he hardly got any evolutions while having 99 Visks and for the 3rd option from shop 99 TP Attacks, so of I went to delete some. I "discovered" something when I was doing this.
I chose the 2nd and 3rd option only, because those would give Protection as far as I knew. Anyway when my TP Attack stock was 70, I would usually get an "evolution" in the next few turns (5 or so tops).
Same goes for the Visk from the second option, but I think that one triggers "evolutions" when you stock of the Visk is between 80-90. I did this numerous times and had stock vary anywhere from 70 to 99. And when it was 99 I hardly (or never) saw an "evolution" of a card(like Psojohndoe2 said http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ). Anyway when the stock of the Visk was between 80-90 I would get an "evolution" within the next 10 cards I bought. Same goes for the TP Attack with a range of 70-80 (though around 70 works best for me). On that 60k meseta I had, I got alot of evo's, later when it occured to me that Visk and TP Attack stock might be linked to "evolutions", I even had about 7-10 "evolutions" in my last 14k meseta, which is a pretty good ratio if you ask me.

Catch of the day was:
Snail Pace (got it from the second option)
Protection x2
Shifta x2
Some Rage, Sato and others I already had.
There was more, but I forgot.

Perhaps somebody already thought of this, I didn't see it anywhwere. I don't if it is actually true, but it does seem like it. Feel free to test it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif , it worked for me, must work for others too. To make it clear: I set my stock of the Visk to 80 every time after an "evolution" and before I had 90 in stock of those I would see another "evolution". With TP Attack I started at 70 every time and before it was at 75 I would see an "evolution".

I should try it for the 1st option too, I don't know what card you get really often there.

Btw I think I got my Duel Guard card after a battle and not from the shop. So if the shop fails you...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2004-03-22 03:23 ]</font>

Jools
Mar 22, 2004, 10:28 AM
Unit Blow has to be one of the real rare cards. I've spent nearly every meseta I've earned on the expensive shop cards and received a grand total of 1.

Jools

Nightmarexlc
Mar 22, 2004, 03:21 PM
LOL same here jools, same here >_< one thing i really hate about that lil runt's shop is, when I was on a quest for 3 sinow beats... I got a frigging EGG RAPPY! ( S rank card ) before i got even ONE sinow beat

lousy lil runt http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Aziangangster
Mar 22, 2004, 03:57 PM
that kid also gets on my nerves i try getting sato and it gives me 3 unit blows in a row... argh but i finally got my sato and found out it was pretty bad. And does anyone know what rare cards you can get from the machine capsule like support and protection.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aziangangster on 2004-03-22 13:04 ]</font>

punkasssss
Mar 22, 2004, 07:20 PM
I don't know why it even gives you an option of what card you want. Doesn't seem to be much of a point to picking.