PDA

View Full Version : Can't find rares

Booma_killer
Mar 22, 2004, 04:46 AM
This is my 10:th lap on VHard Forest and i still haven't found any rares. Do anyone know why?

Kuea
Mar 22, 2004, 04:48 AM
all about luck.
I am on my first and I have 2 rappy's wings and a boomas claw and even 1 Visk rifle(i think that one) and a DB's saber.
don't even ask how many I got yesterday.

Booma_killer
Mar 22, 2004, 05:00 AM
Better keep searching after that Photon Claw then! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kuea
Mar 22, 2004, 05:10 AM
yippers thats the best thing to do.

Hrith
Mar 22, 2004, 07:21 AM
On 2004-03-22 02:00, Booma_killer wrote:
Better keep searching after that Photon Claw then! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

And not use hacks, especially if you are on PSO Plus.

Booma_killer
Mar 22, 2004, 09:19 AM
Do you think my lvl 1300 mag can affect the drops?

Kuea
Mar 22, 2004, 09:26 AM
yes if you are on PSO+ it can.

rising_sunset
Mar 22, 2004, 09:26 AM
On 2004-03-22 06:19, Booma_killer wrote:

Don't really know that, but to be on the safe side it is best to use legits. So it's for sure that you played the game the right way and earn a rare sooner or later. Keep at it!

rising_sunset
Mar 22, 2004, 09:38 AM
On 2004-03-22 06:26, Gajeh wrote:

There you go, your question answered from what I was not sure.

Kuea
Mar 22, 2004, 10:00 AM
On 2004-03-22 06:38, carolsdegga wrote:

On 2004-03-22 06:26, Gajeh wrote:

There you go, your question answered from what I was not sure.

well I am not 100% positive myself but I remember reading on PSOW somewere that it stops you from getting rares.

Squeege
Mar 22, 2004, 03:45 PM
On 2004-03-22 01:46, Booma_killer wrote:
This is my 10:th lap on VHard Forest and i still haven't found any rares. Do anyone know why?

Ha! I've done over thirty ultimate whitill ruins runs and I've yet to see a rare from anything but boxes! All braveman...this post has no significance, I just had to let that out.

PsychoMantis
Mar 22, 2004, 05:27 PM
ok that is really surprising because meteor cudgel is only a 3 star from arlan. arlan is the most common guy there 2! damn u do have pretty bad luck lol. sorry to hear about those 30 laps though.lol

Boothead
Mar 22, 2004, 05:55 PM

Yes, this question has been answered before, and the answer is yes. It does have an effect on your drops, and not a good one. You basicaly stop finding rares, and the drop rate is changed into somewhere less than one percent. Alot lower than one percent. If I were you, I'd un equip that mag. My friend used a mag like that, played for well over 200 hours, and never found a red.
Do I make myself clear? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

doubletake123
Mar 22, 2004, 07:46 PM
Don't just unequip that mag delete it off the face of this Earth. I had It in my bank and i still didn't find any rares untill I deleted it then the rares started poping up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_Ted_
Mar 22, 2004, 07:51 PM

Why do you need rares if you are using a hacked mag? Why not just go get some dupes? It doesn't really matter though, you're still going to do over a thousand damage a hit not matter what you use.

Scales_of_Air
Mar 22, 2004, 08:01 PM
How about dupes... My friend keeps searching for Twin Chakram (sp?) and has some duped, not hacked, God/Stuff for his Hunters. Do dupes do the same thing as the hacked Lv 1300 Mag mentioned? He lent me one of his God/Ability (not sure if this one is duped or not) and I just found Bloody Art today in Episode II... So, i'm not sure...

Ketchup345
Mar 22, 2004, 08:05 PM
On 2004-03-22 17:01, Scales_of_Air wrote:
How about dupes... My friend keeps searching for Twin Chakram (sp?) and has some duped, not hacked, God/Stuff for his Hunters. Do dupes do the same thing as the hacked Lv 1300 Mag mentioned? He lent me one of his God/Ability (not sure if this one is duped or not) and I just found Bloody Art today in Episode II... So, i'm not sure...

The game can't tell a dupe from an origional, as they are the exact same code, and this game doesn't give individual item numbers (like in D2).

And the hacked Mags and the rares only apply to PSO+, no other version (meaning it doesn't affect any English or PAL versions).

Edit: The above also applies if ANYONE in your online game is using PSO+.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-03-22 17:07 ]</font>

Scales_of_Air
Mar 22, 2004, 08:10 PM
Thanks Ketchup, you're answering all my forum questions http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Booma_killer
Apr 11, 2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks! Then i know. As i said before; Better keep searching then!

Castershell
Apr 11, 2004, 07:49 PM
On 2004-03-22 17:05, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-03-22 17:01, Scales_of_Air wrote:

The game can't tell a dupe from an origional, as they are the exact same code, and this game doesn't give individual item numbers (like in D2).

And the hacked Mags and the rares only apply to PSO+, no other version (meaning it doesn't affect any English or PAL versions).

Edit: The above also applies if ANYONE in your online game is using PSO+.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-03-22 17:07 ]</font>

This isn't entirely true. I have the normal ep 1 & 2 for GC, and whenever I use the 1304 Chu Chu I was given when I started out online (n00b gift) I can't for the life of me find rares in the same spots I always would...without it. This applies to both online and offline, so I don't think it's just limited to PSO+

And also, it is safe to leave it in your bank, after I dropped mine in there, I started finding Meteor Smashes, Crush Bullets, and Guilty Lights galore! (Redria HU, so they were utterly useless ~_~;;)

Cheep
Apr 11, 2004, 09:06 PM
Sanji can't find rares on her racaseal,even when she pipes... I find alot of storm wands,gae bolgs, and silence claws however.

Scales_of_Air
Apr 12, 2004, 01:18 PM
I still have that God/Ability eqipped and I found an Elysion from Hildelt early in Ultimate Forest. this proves, for me at least, dupes are safe on GC Ep 1/2. By the way, this is offline play; I can't play online. Still... I'm not sure if the God/Ability is legit, but I doubt it cause he (my PSO friend mentioned in my other post) has God/Powers equipped to every one of his Humars... So yeah...

SJ
Apr 12, 2004, 05:07 PM
Only play with stuff you or someone you think you can trust found http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
then you'll be ok and know its just luck.
I didnt find any rares in 20 + forest ult runs and started to wonder if people could hack pds and weps without %....then I found my 6th Dragon Claw and felt dissapointed in a relieved way lol

SJ
Apr 12, 2004, 05:08 PM
Only play with stuff you or someone you think you can trust found http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
then you'll be ok and know its just luck.
I didnt find any rares in 20 + forest ult runs and started to wonder if people could hack pds and weps without %....then I found my 6th Dragon Claw and felt dissapointed in a relieved way lol

Booma_killer
Apr 13, 2004, 08:11 AM
Well, after i gave my hack-mag to another of my characters, i found a Crush Bullet after 3-4 laps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PurplePower1
Apr 13, 2004, 12:13 PM
go to the item findings and hunt that kind of animal

Brex546
Apr 13, 2004, 12:50 PM
I really haven't had much luck latey. The last Rare item I got was 3 days ago on my lvl 100 run for my HUmar. I found a stag which I love, but to get my RAmar some new weps, I went into Hmines and found a S-beat arms and now that my wep of choice. High chance a killing on one hit and has 6 atks. Sounds good to me!

Booma_killer
Apr 14, 2004, 08:53 AM
Oh, another thing. Don't give me tips for online-play cuz i'm an offliner ^^

Liquid_Bacon
Apr 14, 2004, 12:25 PM

If you're using a hacked mag like that, I'll assume that you're like most noobs and have already been given all of the rarest items in the game, in which case, anything you find in Very Hard forest will be of little interest to you. If you don't fit this generalization, I appologize.

One thing to remember is that rares aren't called rares for nothing. It is very possible, and it was meant for when PSO was designed, to go your whole PSO life without seeing half or three quarters of the rares in the game. Why? The same reasons there are ten section IDs that all find different rares. To encourage trading. However, with PSO's trading economy blown to shit by cheaters and dupers, nobody with half a brain would trade their own hard-earned rare for something that someone easily pulled off their computer in two seconds. But I'm getting off topic...

Anyway, please remember that rares are truly hard to find. Go to IGN and look at their drop charts. The good rares have between 1/375 and 1/299,999 drop rares. Yep, they're rare. For example, the DF Field is 1/3905 from a Greenil Del-D and I've done over 150 offline Ruins runs, over 50 online Ruins runs, and over 70 Endless Nightmare 4 runs without finding one yet. If the rares were easy to find as most people wish they were, there wouldn't be any cheating.

Stingray
Apr 14, 2004, 01:30 PM
"If the rares were easy to find as most people wish they were, there wouldn't be any cheating. "

Your wrong ... people will still cheat. it is human nature to take the short cut, but most of the time the short cut is not as pleasant to drive on...

Since every body wants the best, and the best will always be hard to find. Then people will still hack. Also people wouldn't want to go through the trouble to unseal the J-Sword anyway.

Booma_killer
Apr 15, 2004, 11:55 AM
Liquid_Bacon, I assume that you haven't read this thread, because I have actually found rares. Recently, I have found a Yamato and a Hildebears Head. And I also posted that I found a Crush Bullet before.And the only things I got was a Rappy Fan, Meteor Cudgel and a Bloody Twin +250(sucks). And mostly why I search after rares is to find new types of weapons, like claws and launchers.

heyf00L
Apr 15, 2004, 12:30 PM
On 2004-03-22 14:55, Boothead wrote:

Yes, this question has been answered before, and the answer is yes. It does have an effect on your drops, and not a good one. You basicaly stop finding rares, and the drop rate is changed into somewhere less than one percent. Alot lower than one percent. If I were you, I'd un equip that mag. My friend used a mag like that, played for well over 200 hours, and never found a red.
Do I make myself clear? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pretty much every rare drop in Ultimate has less than a 1% chance. Yes, even the 9 stars.

Anyway, this I don't understand. You'll use massively hacked items, but yet you want to find crappy items in Very Hard on your own? And then complain when your hacked items start messing up your game (and a hacked item can cause problems on the original Ep I & II. It's freaking hacked! You've got stuff that was never taken into consideration of existing. Of course it can affect the way things operate). Oh wait, I do understand. 95% of people that cheat are total morons. And the other 5% are children that still have a chance to be intelligent (but that chance is slim).

On one hand I question the human race. But on the other hand it sure does feel good to be one of the few who can comprehend rational thought.

Booma_killer
Apr 17, 2004, 06:22 AM
Let's clear up some things here;
1. I haven't been cheating myself. I got everything from a friend who has been online, and I got it from him. I didn't even know the lvl 1300 mag was a hack.
2. I am entirely intersted in new weapon-classes like claws and katanas.
3. The stuff i use pretty much sux, except the Meteor Cudgel and Rappy's fan.
4. The rares i have is;
(Got from a friend)
-Meteor Cudgel +15
-Diska of Liberty
-Rappy's Fan
-Bloody Twin +250
-H&S25 Justice

(Found myself)
-Crush Bullet
-Booma's claw
-Hildebear's Cane
-Yamato

Booma_killer
Apr 17, 2004, 06:25 AM
I forgot to say that I also have Kaladbolg and Flowen's Sword. Those were my first rares with my RAcast. But now i use a totally legit HUcast on lvl 75 with a lvl 163 Varaha http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'm also training up an Apsaras