PDA

View Full Version : Rampage

Webapprentice
Mar 22, 2004, 11:34 AM
Are there any cards that just confer Rampage? Madness confers Rampage to its target, but the AP is fixed.

Eibra
Mar 22, 2004, 12:32 PM
Punch gives you major rampage. The AP isn't fixed but your opponent has to have more than half their life still. I dunno if there's a card that gives just flat out rampage, probably not though since there's already punch.

MRBEN
Mar 22, 2004, 12:48 PM
I'm pretty sure Right Heavy Punch gives you "flat out" Rampage, in that there are no circumstances that need to be met. Cost of the card is high though.

Zarana
Mar 22, 2004, 02:26 PM
Overswing gives +2 AP and rampage in a sword radius. Cost 4. It's S-rank, though.

VulpesMundi
Mar 22, 2004, 03:57 PM
Gobooma and Hildelt automatically rampage. Those critters annoy the hell out of hunters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-03-22 12:57 ]</font>

Webapprentice
Mar 22, 2004, 04:18 PM
On 2004-03-22 12:57, VulpesMundi wrote:
Gobooma and Hildelt automatically rampage. Those critters annoy the hell out of hunters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-03-22 12:57 ]</font>

Actually, I wanted a card that bestows Rampage to use for a Hunter. Nothing like surprising another Hunter with a Hunter attack supplemented by Rampage.

Logical2u
Mar 22, 2004, 04:22 PM
Punch works well, it's not all that rare, you can get a few in about 10 games offline at level 10-20 and they do equal damage to hunters items if they have more then half hp, and it costs 2 ap points. Works wonders with Fixed Range.

Jools
Mar 22, 2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah, despite Punch being an R1. Those rarity values really don't mean too much.

Jools

Zaneatron
Mar 22, 2004, 05:35 PM
there are only 3 more practical rempace cards excluding techs. they are punch, which costs 3 ATK logical, overswing, and right heavy punch. overswing and rhp are quite expensive though, and overswing immobilizes you for 3 turns after you attack :S

i know punch uses major rampage, the other type is heavy rampage, which means it will only do rampage if you have 3 or more items on your SC. so if you were silfer, with 2 weps on and you had 7 HP neither type of rampage would affect you. i dont think there are any straight rampage, because it would be too great an advantage to Arkz, because being able to constantly hit all the weps on your opponent would be pretty harsh. obviously it can work for hunter on hunter fights, but there is no equivalent for hunters. penetrate is also more geared to an arkz player for piercing a hunters items. there has to be a limit, because it would be far too biased otherwise.

VulpesMundi
Mar 22, 2004, 09:08 PM
Right Heavy Punch uses regular Rampage, meaning it will always rampage unless the defender uses a Punch Guard defense.

Webapprentice
Mar 23, 2004, 11:33 AM
I just got my first Punch card. heh

I guess I'll wait for Right Heavy Punch.

Thanks for the card names, so I know what to look out for.

Eibra
Mar 23, 2004, 12:41 PM
Doesn't pierce go past guard creatures to damage the arkz controller directly? In which case it would have a limited use for a hunter in a hunter vs arkz game.

psojohndoe2
Mar 23, 2004, 12:44 PM
You'll be waiting a while for that Right Heavy Punch card ^_^ I only ever *FOUND* one, and it was around CLv 95 on. Find someone who got some from the old quests, maybe they will part with some http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zaneatron
Mar 23, 2004, 12:50 PM
heh, i found a RHP before i was level 80, but then i got a few more form the quests, comon john, you must have done the quests....

it was a bitch to get though, id had a 60 fight spell with no new cards :S

but as vulpes said, it has plain old rampage, so it will hit reguardless, but bearing in mind it is exceedingly expensive. also has an irregular range, but is more than likely going to be what you need, and a +1 ap bonus, it is quite tempting to use, especially with a HP attack, gah need 7 on dice *dies* (check my navi impression http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

well, i was playing the ep3 green star quest again, cause i like 2 on 1 battles, and i whooped orland and break, and ended up with a +4 dice bonus http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
infact, it was impossible for me to roll less than a 7 towards the end of a match, seeing 3 dice+1 cards had been set as well. great fun.

RHP seems like a card to go in a dice fever deck, maybe :S

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-03-23 09:55 ]</font>

psojohndoe2
Mar 23, 2004, 12:52 PM
I did do the quests, I got my RHP from the quests before I got it from winning a battle.

60 battles = nothing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I was reizing, for at least 300 before I got my new card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif In between i'd break to do tourneys, or offline story/free battle, but nothing is getting me new cards.

Zaneatron
Mar 23, 2004, 12:57 PM
well, i think im now approacing, if not passed that 300 matches number with no new cards, just that was the amount i had to wait between my RHP and the newest card before that.

psojohndoe2
Mar 23, 2004, 12:59 PM
I'm working my way back up.. about 150-200 battles since my Legacy card :/ This'll be a while http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Enough off topic for this topic.

Zaneatron
Mar 23, 2004, 01:01 PM
rampage is all fun and good, but i still think theres too many cards biased towards an Arkz player :S

Alisha
Mar 23, 2004, 01:32 PM
On 2004-03-23 10:01, Zaneatron wrote:
rampage is all fun and good, but i still think theres too many cards biased towards an Arkz player :S

hmn what do you mean? some examples maybee?

Zaneatron
Mar 23, 2004, 01:49 PM
well, not exactly for arkz, more against hunters.

cards with rampage and pierce, both designed for attacking hunters. i know pierce can penetrate guard creatures, but can basically be used against a humter most of the time.

the NA/AB/MC/DK guard cards cost 1 less than their hunter equivalents, albeit that there are only 3 hunter ones.

theres nothing hunters have to compare to some of these cards. there is no rampage against arkz, pierce is only worth using against them if they have a guard creature, and thats if they have one! not all arkz players use them. there is a card that can take 1 HP off the opponent if you kill one of their cards with it, well, it does this with hunters already, but they will lose 2 hp if this card works. and it sets your AP to 1, you have to hope they have no def cards in there hand, and their monster has 1 HP :S it costs 4 to use as well, its basically crap.

i think there should have been some Hunter only and Arkz only Action cards made to even this out :S

Jools
Mar 23, 2004, 03:33 PM
Who knows, maybe ST's unreleased cards will change the balance of the game in the future.

Jools

MightyMule
Mar 23, 2004, 03:43 PM
I got to disagree with you Zaneatron. Although I don't have the hours logged that you have (only played around 100 games online) I have to say that your kind of ignoring a large majority of the cards, like diska's, shots, swords,Indie Belra, etc.. that attack multiple targets which are really only that effective versus Ark characters(well their monsters really). Using a diska or shot is basically useless against a hero as you can only hit one thing, where as proper strategy and movement of a Hunter character can allow you to attack many of the placed units on a field using a very minimum number of atk points.

Zaneatron
Mar 23, 2004, 04:01 PM
im talking about action cards, not weapons or monsters. but yes, quite a few hunter weps can hit multiple targets, but the moment you use most action cards, your limited to 1 square infront of you, and as a hunter on a hunter, i can still only hit 1 item.

theres too many anti-hunter abilities, is what im saying.

but even so, a slicer could hit multiple targets, but if my opponent is half smart, theyll make it as difficult as possible, if not impossible to hit theyre monsters. but think about it, a hunter doesnt win by killing your monsters, i need to hit your arkz for some serious damage. but if youve just got monsters coming at me left, right and centre i dont have much option.

and plenty of monsters can hit multiple targets, and lots of them are Tech ok, so theres even more range for you. a lot of weps cant use techs, and when you you have a non-tech ok wep on, you cant cast through your character.

and before anyone says as a hunter i have more weps to choose from, your worng. Arkz have almost 100 monsters to use, and an arkz can use every single one, no requirements.
as a hunter i am limited to class specific weapons. i cant use everyone, and a lot of the odd ones i can use, i am unlikely to use, because they would be either pointless in my deck, or somethign better could be used in its place.
its balanced in that respect, but still too many abilities targeted specifically at hunters :S

Webapprentice
Mar 23, 2004, 06:08 PM
On 2004-03-23 09:44, psojohndoe2 wrote:
You'll be waiting a while for that Right Heavy Punch card ^_^ I only ever *FOUND* one, and it was around CLv 95 on. Find someone who got some from the old quests, maybe they will part with some http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh lovely... -_-

Alisha
Mar 24, 2004, 12:29 PM
if you want rampage so much mosters probally provide better options i mean you could play sinow zoa then drop a few muscular's and early game gobooma is good if your dead set on hunters a few weapons will get the job done rangers can use panzer faust or red mechs male hu's can use stag cutterly and fo's got battle verge and brave hammer there could be more that i dont know about yet also

badbitz
Mar 24, 2004, 11:31 PM
I got my right heavy punch from the JP quest, it works pretty well, seeing you roll high enough to overcome the AP barrier.

Webapprentice
Mar 25, 2004, 10:32 AM
On 2004-03-24 09:29, Alisha wrote:
if you want rampage so much mosters probally provide better options i mean you could play sinow zoa then drop a few muscular's and early game gobooma is good if your dead set on hunters a few weapons will get the job done rangers can use panzer faust or red mechs male hu's can use stag cutterly and fo's got battle verge and brave hammer there could be more that i dont know about yet also

That may well be true, but I have none of those Hunter weapons, so I have to make do with other cards.

I also don't have Sinow Zoa, and I just got my first Gobooma.

If this was a card game with a physical manifestation, I'd just go buy the singles and be done with it. Since I can't do that, I have to make do with what I have. At this point, Punch will have to do. I will alter my deck as I get more efficient cards, but until then, I want to use something.