PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be cool if Sega added this?

kazuma56
Mar 22, 2004, 11:47 AM
If they allowed characters to Dual Wield individual weapons like Sabers and stuff instead of it being a class set, they would still have musashi and the like but they would be a bit stronger. For instance A RAmar with 2 Gladius sabers would have a ATP boost of 370, while the musashi will have an ATP boost of 390.

It would be like this, Hunters can Dual wield Slicers and Sabers, Rangers can Dual wield Handguns and Sabers, And forces cna dual wield NO hunter weps but can Dual wield their Wand and Cane type weps and to equip both of them you would need the base ATP of both weps combined, EX: say a saber needs 90ATP to use, you will need 90X2 to wield both of them.

Also, they should have made it so that you could combine to weps to make Double Saber types, you would find something called "Hilts" or "sword parts" in boxes and then you would go to SOAB to make them after completeing all quests, just imagine using 2 Dragon Slayers as a Double saber named "twin Dragons" or "double Dragons". feel free to add anything else they should have and shouldn't have to add.

Cowboy
Mar 22, 2004, 12:16 PM
What? Sonic team actually try to improve the gameplay of a title instead of just adding new stuff? Appocolypse

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 22, 2004, 12:40 PM
I'd rather see the ability to feed mags in the lobby.

Butoden
Mar 22, 2004, 01:00 PM
On 2004-03-22 09:40, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

That would be a good change. But this dual-wielding of weapons seems pretty interesting. Maybe increasing power but losing the third hit in a combo?

DeciBal
Mar 22, 2004, 02:19 PM
yea!! let's dual wield some daggers....oh wait.

i like the idea of customizing your own weapon though. combine a gush gladius with a geist gladius (or better yet, mix colors).

kazuma56
Mar 22, 2004, 08:08 PM
But to balance it all out, 11 star weps couldn't be combined, only 10 star and lower because a combination of 2 TJ's as a Double Saber would be too strong.... as well a combination of 2 Red Swords.

I think it would have been a good idea because in the old PS series, you were allowed to dual wield every 1 handed wep in the game as well as the slicers, canes and clubs,I think you could too but I haven't played ps4 in awhile.... still have to play through 2 and 3.

BRTW2
Mar 22, 2004, 08:17 PM
I rather see server side character saving than this, but that will never happen, sonic team likes people to cheat.

kazuma56
Mar 22, 2004, 08:19 PM
But then offline mode would probably have to go if server-side saving was implemented.

punkasssss
Mar 22, 2004, 09:27 PM
as far as the 11 stars, I don't think that makes much of a difference, rather it should be, you can't dual wield a sword, because they are too heavy, sabers would be ok, but something that already hits multiple enemies would be too much, for instance partisans are too unweildly to use one hand, swords to big and heavy, as far as guns, obviously shots need two hands, but you could use two handguns easy.

Kristin
Mar 22, 2004, 10:16 PM
This sounds a bit like Everquest.Wonder if you got the idea from that game?I think it would be good idea for a game like that within the PSO storyline.

Xero_Silvera
Mar 22, 2004, 10:50 PM
OMfG! I WANT TEH CENTI LOGNSWROD FER DA HUMAR!!! But seriously... If they make a PSO4 and its more like episodes I&II then dual wielding would be WHUPPASS! i agree that larger weapons shouldnt be dual wielded though.. two swords would always be the alternative to two sabers.. what about the mixing of weapons? Like in some of the vast RPGs iv played.. A main weapon Devils Gladius and an offhand weapon Storm Ripper.. Sure it would look wierd, but a faster offhand weapon would increase the attack ability of the duo. just IMO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

kazuma56
Mar 23, 2004, 10:30 AM
I didn't say anything about dual wielding swords because that is illogical, but dual wielding sabers and such would be cool seeing as you could do it in the old PS games.

and Although there is mechguns, combining two Yas 2000H together with a 6 hit combo will do more dmg than a 9 hit Mechgun combo.

Xero_Silvera
Mar 23, 2004, 05:20 PM
On 2004-03-22 08:47, kazuma56 wrote:
just imagine using 2 Dragon Slayers as a Double saber named "twin Dragons" or "double Dragons"

Dragon Slayers are swords. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
-xero

kazuma56
Mar 24, 2004, 08:20 PM
Okay maybe this description will help if the weapon was made:

Double Dragons
"2 Dragon Slayer's forged at the hilt to create the ultimate double saber" (not dual saber like yamato)

kazuma56
Mar 25, 2004, 11:19 AM
okay, I think I know where you people are getting dual sword wielding thing from, after reading my poorly written first post, I learned that I had said "double Dragons" or "twin Dragons" which I think many of you are thinking that the double Dragons are the double saber type and the Twin dragons are the dual saber type, this is not correct, both names are the tentative name I would give to the weapon, so Twin/Double dragons are one in the same, they are not two different weps. I hope this clears that up.

Xero_Silvera
Mar 25, 2004, 12:37 PM
The point i meant wasnt with the combination, it was when you said 'combine two dragon slayers'.. lol combinding two swords is to make a double saber? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
-xero

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 25, 2004, 05:04 PM

Then have to run into a team to grab more items when you ran out of the 10 you were carrying to feed the mag with? Hmm... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Or have an item shop in the lobby?
Then run out of money and have to run into a team to grab money.

It will never happen.

Sharkyland
Mar 25, 2004, 07:43 PM
On 2004-03-25 14:04, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Then have to run into a team to grab more items when you ran out of the 10 you were carrying to feed the mag with? Hmm... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Or have an item shop in the lobby?
Then run out of money and have to run into a team to grab money.

It will never happen.

That would be so nice. Getting more than 10 would be nice too. Though about the double saber. I want a dagger and a saber together. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

kazuma56
Mar 25, 2004, 08:24 PM
the two swords become one double saber, so you will have a double saber with long reach, it may sound stupid, but seeing as they removed the back-step in the male combo animation of the double saber combo it's impossible to do an upfront combo on an enemy and escape in Ultimate modes.

This may stray to far from PSO, but it would be cool if you could take some of the NPC's of the game on quests with you, so when I play as my Force, I don't have to keep playing the same quest over and over just so I can handle certain areas without getting the one hit death.

kazuma56
Mar 26, 2004, 08:13 PM
hmmm, and maybe give the option for RAmars to equip the Kamui and Yasha you see Zoke using..... who knows, maybe RAmars can merge the two and use both of them already, but seeing as I don't have kamui or Yasha and just Sange it's impossible for me to try.

Xero_Silvera
Mar 26, 2004, 08:17 PM
isnt zoke a Hummy?
-xero

kazuma56
Mar 26, 2004, 08:21 PM
well seeing as he is in Ramar clothing.....

kazuma56
Mar 28, 2004, 04:24 PM
but then again, maybe not because they still have that Hune holding the Rifle in that caves quest..... but on the other side of it, that scene with Zoke is new (I think) so therefore it could very well be true.