PDA

View Full Version : Wal Mart

SJ
Mar 22, 2004, 03:53 PM
Never been to one but I just read the GO K Mart post.
You wanted a wal mart post?
Here it is!!!!
Now you can complain all you like.
*Looks at Topic with satisfaction*

Ness
Mar 22, 2004, 04:10 PM
I think it's funny how Wal Mart won't carry Marylin Manson because his songs are "inapporiate," but you can find Eminem all over that store.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 22, 2004, 04:30 PM
On 2004-03-22 13:10, Ness wrote:
I think it's funny how Wal Mart won't carry Marylin Manson because his songs are "inapporiate," but you can find Eminem all over that store.

A friend says every now and then, "Walmart has some good CD's, too bad they're all the CLEAN versions."

That was a good one.

I don't think people go there intentionally to buy Explicit Content Rap Rock or otherwise CD's anyway.

Occasionally they might have some good stuff there, why else would they be the biggest chain of stores in the US. Oh and my little brother hates the Walmart in our city, just go over one town and its like a different world all together.

Axispoint
Mar 22, 2004, 06:22 PM
Walmart is ok. I can find games there Hastings doesn't have (and when they don't have a game, Hastings generally has it...works out nice). A lot of times they sell DVD's lower then Hastings (there is no Best Buy or any other store like that in this area...). I will buy CD's there if it's an older one (and I have gotten at least one CD from Wally World that were not editied...Stabbing Westard- Darkest Days was one I got unedited...I just figured either it went under the radar, so to speak, or they just didn't care).

My friend used to work for Walmart. He seemed to like it, but he's weird, too (seriously, he is, but that's why I like him, lol).

About the only bad thing about Walmart I can think of right now is the people who work there sometimes get on my nerves. Like at one store, they told me they didn't have Grand Theft Auto 3 because the game was getting taken off shelves...ironically enough, when I did get the game, I got it at that very Walmart >_< I've also had someone go to a Walmart to pick up a game for me and the people had never heard of the game (Silent Hill 3). I guess they can't remember a game they had a week ago >_< I don't like that particular Walmart, but other ones were much better (especially the one in the same town as Hastings).

Ok, I'll stop rambling now >_< lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axispoint on 2004-03-22 15:29 ]</font>

rising_sunset
Mar 22, 2004, 06:23 PM
haha

Walmart...I never go unless it is to go there to buy cheap things! XP

_Ted_
Mar 22, 2004, 06:27 PM
I only have Wal-mart and Target (both are stores of the same type) around here. Is K-mart really that much different from Wal-mart?

Axispoint
Mar 22, 2004, 06:31 PM
On 2004-03-22 15:27, _Ted_ wrote:
Is K-mart really that much different from Wal-mart?

I never saw much of a difference (heh...K-Mart is where I got my first Playstation at...ah, the memories of earning the money to get that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ).

rising_sunset
Mar 22, 2004, 06:31 PM
On 2004-03-22 15:27, _Ted_ wrote:
I only have Wal-mart and Target (both are stores of the same type) around here.

uh, you sure? I would say target sell things a tad more expensive than walmart. But that could be where you live is different from where I live...XP

rising_sunset
Mar 22, 2004, 06:38 PM
uh, btw I have never went to a kmart...(kind of suprising) But my friends told me it is sort of like walmart except it is way more messy than walmart.

Solstis
Mar 22, 2004, 06:46 PM
On 2004-03-22 15:38, carolsdegga wrote:
uh, btw I have never went to a kmart...(kind of suprising) But my friends told me it is sort of like walmart except it is way more messy than walmart.

It is hard to believe, isn't it? It can be, but if you have a Winn-Dixie (sp?), you'll understand how even the dirtiest store is better.

But anyway, I dislike Walmart with a passion, although I do shop there sometimes.

When a Target rolled around tho, I jumped for joy. And it is a little bit more expensive.

metermore
Mar 22, 2004, 07:02 PM
Here in californa we tried of keep it out of the countys cause they take adavntage of the workers by giving them low pay cause they're just people off the street and with the low prices and such a varity of things it is one of the most wealthy companys here except i think the ballit lost god damnit

Outrider
Mar 22, 2004, 07:12 PM
On 2004-03-22 16:02, metermore wrote:
Here in californa we tried of keep it out of the countys cause they take adavntage of the workers by giving them low pay cause they're just people off the street and with the low prices and such a varity of things it is one of the most wealthy companys here except i think the ballit lost god damnit

Yeah, Walmart pretty much owns everything.

Getintothegame
Mar 22, 2004, 07:29 PM
Our Target rocks. I go to target for EVERYTHING, there are so many things on clearance, and a good majority of them are games.

Outrider
Mar 22, 2004, 08:02 PM
On 2004-03-22 16:29, Getintothegame wrote:
Our Target rocks. I go to target for EVERYTHING, there are so many things on clearance, and a good majority of them are games.

Target's pretty cool in my experience. I say this basically because they were selling all PS2 Greatest Hits titles for $15. Got my Jak & Daxter and FFX from that deal. Very nice.

Cowboy
Mar 22, 2004, 10:15 PM
The biggest problem wal-mart, k-mart, target and the like have is that they'll hire anybody. They don't try to find someone who knows about electronics and games for their electronics section, don't get someone who hunts or fishes for their outdoors section, ect. They are a major retail chain and sell most everything, but don't put enough focus on finding decent employees. If I want to buy a ton of clothes, pick up a few foodstuffs, and some cheap jigs before I go fishing, then if I NEED to, I'll stop by wal-mart. Otherwise, I'll just pay a couple more bucks and go somewhere that sells exclusively the kinds of items I want, instead of going to wal-mart to find that they don't have it, and avoid dealing with the employees.

Pancake
Mar 22, 2004, 11:44 PM
Wal Mart is a piece of Crap! A Dirty store with dirty people

Kiara
Mar 23, 2004, 12:02 AM
Damn you, stole my rant http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wal-Mart employees are so... disgusting in many different ways. It's hard to shop there and not be some what affected (like busting up laughing in the veggie cashier's face). They either don't give a damn and won't try to be helpful or humane (the cashier), or they are complete zealots (also known as the old person at a door near you) who are proud to have a job and will follow the book exactly even if it means calling the cops to have your car towed if you dropped someone off at the front and stayed there for a minute or two. You might find a down to earth employee who knows what they're talking about once in a while, but that's rare.

Needless to say, I stay away from Wal-Mart as much as possible.

opaopajr
Mar 23, 2004, 06:02 AM
despise the very existence of wal-mart. i swear, sam walton must be a power generator of gyroscopic motion he must be turning in his grave so much. talk about turning a company into the embodiment of evil.

i'm willing and have paid for well over the cost of things than wal-mart just to have the pleasure their not getting my business.

you'd think with all that wealth coming into an arkansas based company that arkansas would be exploding with skyscrapers and wealth. you'd think wrong.

i always like to think of wal-mart and their business practices in terms of this: normally each dollar the gov't makes creates $7 of worth when it is finally returned and destroyed. so each dollar you spend usually contributes around $2-3 dollars to the value of the economy. each dollar you spend in this 'money vacuum' reduces the value of american economy, and therefore the dollar. so think of every dollar you drop there as destroying $2-3. every cent you save is that and double what's permanently deprived from the economy. no, a dollar for wal-mart is a dollar against america. remember that.

BogusKun
Mar 23, 2004, 12:23 PM
My friend said he once bought a Wal Mart version of Eminem's CDs.

It was funny when I heard it at his house...

It was just an instrumental!!! Like ALL HIS WORDS LIKE DISAPPEARED!!!

Heh.

Outrider
Mar 23, 2004, 01:12 PM
I do have to say one thing... my friends and I up here love Sam's Choice Cola. $.50 for a 2-liter bottle.

Sam's Choice - It's like a kick in the teeth and everyone's invited.

Rotis
Mar 23, 2004, 06:26 PM
I go used to go to Wal-Mart during the summer, because it's open later than Target (which is my favorite store ever, but I wish it stayed open past 10).

I rarely bought anything there... I'd just look at the stuff.

(Aside from Sam's Cola, that is. Cheap soda, hooray.)

I don't know if it's done everywhere, but the one here sells fish. And I love fish, so I loved to go there and look at them. They'd even have upside-down catfish sometimes, and those are wonderful.
But I've never bought fish there, because they often looked to be sick, overcrowded, etc. Kinda sad.

Anyway, it's a shame that it's such a horrible chain, because it's provided me some amusement in the past.

War_Child
Mar 23, 2004, 11:57 PM
Wal Mart = evil

Employees are often very unknowledgable and rude. Expected of employees who are underpaid and overworked, I seldom blame them. Attracting a large mass of people, Wally World also attracts the people I hate the most. Fat, rude welfare junkies who walk at 0.00001 km/h and block the entire lane.

Suffice to say, if I'm ever near Wal Mart, I'm there kicking and screaming against my will http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 24, 2004, 04:18 AM
You know those stores that you can just practically spend all day in just looking and wandering around, to me Target is that store. So much stuff there. So much to see. I was there today and looked at cell phone hand-free headsets for 15 minutes, then find another section of them and pick up one to purchase.

There's always the clearance eisle(spelling? Hmm, I should run a spell checker), with some good stuff sometimes. NBA Player Legos for $1.48, w00t! Gundam Wing model kits for $5!!!

Oh but today, Target was sold outta FFXI for PS2 and it was 1pm, all the kiddies were in school still. And they raised the price of NBA Street vol.2 from a greatest hits $20 to $39.99, WTFunk!?

Ness
Mar 24, 2004, 05:36 AM
On 2004-03-22 17:02, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-03-22 16:29, Getintothegame wrote:

Target's pretty cool in my experience. I say this basically because they were selling all PS2 Greatest Hits titles for $15. Got my Jak & Daxter and FFX from that deal. Very nice.

Target has a wider selection of stuff as well. Not only that, but you don't have to deal with all the crying kids that you see at Walmart.

SJ
Mar 24, 2004, 07:26 AM
Right I've never been to wal mart so I have no idea what its like.
Could someone tell me what this stores really like(be fair people)?

Cowboy
Mar 24, 2004, 07:31 AM
Actually, the majority of them that I've been to are exactly like what everyone said.

SJ
Mar 24, 2004, 08:18 AM
Whooooaaaa!!!!
I could belive most but they do cut out swearing on cds?!?!?!
Must be annoying when your listening to something and it keeps cutting out.....stupid busted albumn...

Outrider
Mar 24, 2004, 10:25 AM
On 2004-03-24 01:18, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Gundam Wing model kits for $5!!!

Seriously? I mean, I have enough figures around my dorm, and I have some Gundam models at home to bring up... but dang, that's a nice deal.

BogusKun
Mar 24, 2004, 12:33 PM
Wal-Mart is also resposible for young children who have very bad neck problems due to setting video game demos very high above the ground. I used to beat kids up at killer instinct long ago.

It's also the reason why most of the controllers are jacked up, now they play only movies.

Majadamus
Mar 25, 2004, 03:47 PM
The biggest problem wal-mart, k-mart, target and the like have is that they'll hire anybody.

Good, cuz I need a job real bad. And when I go into game stores I usually know more than the retailers. I don't know if that is good or bad. They should hire my ass, NOW!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Majadamus on 2004-03-25 12:47 ]</font>

Kuea
Mar 26, 2004, 06:42 AM
On 2004-03-22 19:15, Cowboy-Duggie wrote:
The biggest problem wal-mart, k-mart, target and the like have is that they'll hire anybody. They don't try to find someone who knows about electronics and games for their electronics section, don't get someone who hunts or fishes for their outdoors section, ect. They are a major retail chain and sell most everything, but don't put enough focus on finding decent employees. If I want to buy a ton of clothes, pick up a few foodstuffs, and some cheap jigs before I go fishing, then if I NEED to, I'll stop by wal-mart. Otherwise, I'll just pay a couple more bucks and go somewhere that sells exclusively the kinds of items I want, instead of going to wal-mart to find that they don't have it, and avoid dealing with the employees.

actually that isn't as bad as the wal-mart where I live. Anyone that works there knows almost everything about the section they work in. only one person in the entire store doesn't really know about his work area......It's me and I work in shoes.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I have a small idea of the things but all those barcodes I have to learn and staocking......But we don't get enough of the god games to sell. We got only 20 copies of PSO1&2 and only three copys of PSO3. when most of the X-box and GC games came out wal-mart was happy because they sold out of over half the games in stock.......There was only like 3 of each game.

opaopajr
Mar 26, 2004, 05:05 PM
by the way, wear a hard hat to wal*mart. they tend to stack things high up on shelves (like every other store) in a haphazard and precarious fashion (unlike most stores). and if you happen to suffer a severe concussion due to a dollhouse! falling on your head wal*mart will blame you for the accident, as if you are defrauding insurance, hide in-store camera evidence, and encourage the manager and others to harass you.

if you think i'm lying look up a recent 2000 lawsuit in favor of the plaintiff where a dollhouse landed on the head of household's head and rendered him a mentally challenged adult for the rest of his life. when the immediate family dependant on his labor tried to sue for remuneration they were stonewalled by the company - for years! when they were about to wrap up the trial but finally interviewed the store manager he goofed and mentioned that there's in-store camera footage, evidence that was stonewalled from access by wal*mart's own lawyers, which definitively proved culpability. the jury was so pissed they increased the settlement for the plaintiff by several tens of millions of dollars.

and that case is just one of *many* against this evil abomination of a company. go there at your own risk.

Kuea
Mar 26, 2004, 07:31 PM
On 2004-03-26 14:05, opaopajr wrote:
by the way, wear a hard hat to wal*mart. they tend to stack things high up on shelves (like every other store) in a haphazard and precarious fashion (unlike most stores). and if you happen to suffer a severe concussion due to a dollhouse! falling on your head wal*mart will blame you for the accident, as if you are defrauding insurance, hide in-store camera evidence, and encourage the manager and others to harass you.

if you think i'm lying look up a recent 2000 lawsuit in favor of the plaintiff where a dollhouse landed on the head of household's head and rendered him a mentally challenged adult for the rest of his life. when the immediate family dependant on his labor tried to sue for remuneration they were stonewalled by the company - for years! when they were about to wrap up the trial but finally interviewed the store manager he goofed and mentioned that there's in-store camera footage, evidence that was stonewalled from access by wal*mart's own lawyers, which definitively proved culpability. the jury was so pissed they increased the settlement for the plaintiff by several tens of millions of dollars.

and that case is just one of *many* against this evil abomination of a company. go there at your own risk.

well watch out in shoes then because they have to stack the shoes way up because they are not supposed to keep newer ones in the back.
A big thing of High heels fell on me once...... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif yeah I knocked them over by accident but still High heels hurt