PDA

View Full Version : guide book

cyber_fighter
Mar 22, 2004, 06:18 PM
For the guide what are good points to it. Does it have good maps or what?

Ketchup345
Mar 22, 2004, 06:26 PM
The VersusBooks one?

It has maps for all offline map variuations and quests; and has a list of most of (not all of) the weapons and armors in the game and their stats and specials.

Some of the information in it is outdated (only applies to the DC versions; such as it says the only way to get a Dragon Slayer is kill the Hard Dragon).

The character descriptions are way off (it says that RAmarls have the lowest ATA of the RAngers, which is only true at very low levels); since they don't compare the stats at a reasonable level (100; well, they try, but only in a graph form and the graphs aren't that accurate at all).

Generally everything on this site is more accurate though.

rising_sunset
Mar 22, 2004, 06:26 PM
On 2004-03-22 15:18, cyber_fighter wrote:
For the guide what are good points to it. Does it have good maps or what?

Uh, are you talking about a guide book for PSO? I do not think you will need one if it is for PSO, since all the guides are here on PSOW XP

cyber_fighter
Mar 22, 2004, 06:28 PM
it does have maps though. right. What about all of the different variations of maps. Does it have all of them, or just symbols representing them.

Jason
Mar 22, 2004, 06:57 PM
On 2004-03-22 15:28, cyber_fighter wrote:
it does have maps though. right. What about all of the different variations of maps. Does it have all of them, or just symbols representing them.

It doesn't have any for online quests, and PSOW have pretty much all you need. For free too! Save your money on something else.

Deus-Irae
Mar 23, 2004, 04:17 AM
f you can get it for CHEAP its a nice little collectors item.

i keep it under the coffe table and look up things every so often instead of running to the PC to some here.

(i use it to tell me what level of special to expect when tekking a weapon sometimes)

its got some nice pics and an EP1/2 poster in it, some map variations for the regular levels and an item list for most of the rares.

it has lots of flaws, inaccuracies, and wrong info. this site is much more in depth and generally correct.

its more of a clooectors item and a quick reference guide for things that you are sure are correct (dont use it to look up info that will misinform you, check here 1st)

LollipopLolita
Mar 23, 2004, 12:37 PM
no it doesn't have all the versions

DezoPenguin
Mar 23, 2004, 05:14 PM
On 2004-03-23 09:37, LollipopLolita wrote:

Which is actually at the heart of the matter. The Versus Books guide is a guide for Dreamcast Version 1--you know, way back when there wasn't any such thing as levels 101-200.

For that purpose...and assuming that you're playing legitly...it's actually a pretty darned good guide. Heck, I still use the thing now and again to remind myself which doors match up with which rooms on the east side of Ruins 2 (I'm obsessive about cleaning every @%$!&&@^ room, and detest backtracking).

Of course, the charts as to what items drop on what levels are inaccurate for Gamecube, the class comparisons no longer apply now that a vast percentage of the game is spent post-100 and since the classes have new abilities, and it never was more than crap with regard to "RAREZ" (which dropped once in a blue moon anyway if you were playing legit, and a bunch of them were banned by ST on top of that*), so other than the maps and the "Phantasy Star Memories" section at the back (@^%@&*@ PSIII-hating-idiot!) it's pretty useless to an Episode I&II player.

*Yeah, now THAT could turn into a rant in twelve seconds, so I'll just let it drop.

Deus-Irae
Mar 24, 2004, 04:33 AM
On 2004-03-23 14:14, DezoPenguin wrote:

On 2004-03-23 09:37, LollipopLolita wrote:

Which is actually at the heart of the matter. The Versus Books guide is a guide for Dreamcast Version 1

er, there is an EP 1 & 2 guide book by versus. i thought that was the one he was referring to. maybe not though!

it does have many versions of the maps, but not all. there are plenty missing.

if you can get it cheap, its not too bad. good for a collector.