PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to all Ep3 fanboys/fangirls.

Nai_Calus
Mar 22, 2004, 07:26 PM
Dear Phantasy Star Online Episode III C.A.R.D. Revolution Fanboys/Fangirls:

I'd really like to apologize for my viewpoints regarding this undoubtedly excellent, flawless game. Really, my opinions are completely out of line. I'm very sorry for having them.

I'm sorry that I think the graphics have taken a hit since Episode 1&2. The fact that the game looks washed-out and lifeless compared to Ep1&2 is just a figment of my imagination, I'm certain. The fact that the shadows are blocky and jagged and actually worse is obviously crazy and invalid. The fact that there are technical issues with some of the stages is clearly wrong. The battle sequences do not lack variety in animations, and are clearly not at all repetitive. I am so very wrong about all of this, and I apologize.

I'm sorry that I find the online atmosphere hostile and anti-social. People don't spend all of their time locking themselves in games while they edit their decks. They constantly spend time in the lobbies freely chatting about their deck strategy, the weather, how things are going, and what shiny new card they just found. Nobody uses cheap decks on characters of a lower level than themselves. Nobody joins tournaments on deserted ship/blocks with names like 'Stomp teh comp!', and they certainly aren't 80 levels higher than the people in the com-bashing team. There is no atmosphere of unfriendliness or competitiveness. It is all one big happy love-fest full of socialization and hanging out with your friends, who are never, ever busy elsewhere, never too busy being in a tournament to talk to you, and you certainly don't ever encounter them all too busy being teamed up together to help you. I have thought the opposite of all these things in the past, but I was clearly, obviously very, very wrong.

I'm sorry I find the gameplay at times slow, repetitive, boring and more dependent on chance than on skill. It is clearly 100% about skill. Luck has nothing at all to do with anything. Battles are fast-paced and exciting, and there is endless variety and even with all 1-1s and not getting any good cards, you can still consistently win over those many levels higher than yourself. That I thought otherwise was clearly an error on my part.

Most of all, I'm sorry that I've had the nerve to say anything at all bad about this flawless, wonderful game. I am so sincerely sorry that I have done nothing but bash every single aspect of the game. I am so sorry that I'm obviously to stupid to comprehend the true, mind-blowing awesomeness of this masterpiece of game design. I'm sorry that it's not the perfect game for me.

I am wrong in all things, and I sincerely hope for your forgiveness, you stuck-up, drooling, rabid, mindless, hateful bunch of fucking retards too stupid and insecure to handle someone commenting on and providing examples of things they dislike in your beloved game.

Fuck you.

Outrider
Mar 22, 2004, 08:05 PM
Wow! There's nothing wrong with it? Guess I should actually go buy it now.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 22, 2004, 08:16 PM
You should of ended it like this:

"No offense, but, FUCK YOU. >.<

Sincerely,

I DONT GIVE A SHIT"

PS. Eps 3 Can burn in HELL"

Ness
Mar 22, 2004, 09:18 PM
Episode 3 will be the downfall of PSO. I don't care what anyone says, but a card game will never be as good as the classic real-time combat of PSO ep 1 and 2. PSO wasn't famous for it's storyline, but seriously Episode 3's story is just disgusting. A new energy called C.A.R.D.? What do they think we are, monkeys?

In my opinion, PSO ver 1 was the funnest of them all, but even Version 2 is better than Episode 3. Yes, I know everything I'm saying is a matter of opinion so don't jump on my back saying," It's just your opinion!"

Saladwood
Mar 22, 2004, 09:32 PM
Ian-KunX,

cool it down a bit, i don't want to see more things like the last paragraph

SkyHawkX
Mar 22, 2004, 10:30 PM
K.

navci
Mar 22, 2004, 10:39 PM
On 2004-03-22 18:18, Ness wrote:
Episode 3 will be the downfall of PSO. I don't care what anyone says, but a card game will never be as good as the classic real-time combat of PSO ep 1 and 2. PSO wasn't famous for it's storyline, but seriously Episode 3's story is just disgusting. A new energy called C.A.R.D.? What do they think we are, monkeys?

While I agree with Ian on the whole social things, graphics and stuff. (in fact I agree with almost all of the things he said) THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE STORY! It fucking make sense, characters were real and believable. It is not the greatest game in this entire world, it has its flaws and shit and what not. But I am sick and tired of it being the "downfall" because it is a card game. So it is a card game. I can deal with people who has spent some time in the game like Ian and criticize it. But for people who has never ever seen the game in action should all zip their mouth and go fart somewhere else.

I am not a fan boy, this game isn't perfect. But I believe in "criticize after you have had experience with it". And, so if you don't like Ep 3, don't buy it, don't play it. Stick with whatever you feel best, why do everyone jump in to bash it the very first chance they get?

edit: Just to say this after steam cool off a bit. Ian already knows I agree with everything he said. Our opinion only differ on that I am still willing to play the game, him, less so. The social atmosphere is really a big put off. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-03-22 19:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-03-22 19:46 ]</font>

DOG21313
Mar 22, 2004, 10:44 PM
On 2004-03-22 16:26, Ian-KunX wrote:
The fact that there are technical issues with some of the stages is clearly wrong.

The entire mortis fonz flipped backwards for me... =/ People were standing over water. O.o

ST couldve done a lot better on this game, but they screwed that up. They rushed it out, somewhat like a recent title, Sonic heroes. That game has so many glitches i cant play it anymore.

ST is falling apart. They have become 3rd party and only worry about profits. This is why they dont do anything about the jerks on PSO, they would have to pay MONEY for people to do that, and that would be faar too much to ask of ST, now wouldnt it? (If i have to use the sarcasm tags to get you to get the point then... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif )

I really like episode 3, but im not sure it will be a long thing, like ep 1&2 was. This game was thrown together with only profits in mind, and thus, it isnt the best it could be. Not even close.

Nai_Calus
Mar 22, 2004, 11:42 PM
On 2004-03-22 18:32, Saladwood wrote:
Ian-KunX,

cool it down a bit, i don't want to see more things like the last paragraph

Sorry about that. I was in a really crappy mood when I wrote it. X_x;

_Ted_
Mar 23, 2004, 12:31 AM
So the game is great in other words? I was debating on whether to go and buy it or not, but with Ian's uplifting speech I think that I might just have to go buy it. Even if I do hate it, then that means that I can participate in hate filled discussions such as this!

Pancake
Mar 23, 2004, 12:46 AM
Is it because of no Rati? I dunno if Rati is in it or not

Nai_Calus
Mar 23, 2004, 12:55 AM
...Uh, no, it's because of the things I stated. If you have trouble detecting sarcasm, everything I said is exactly the opposite of what I mean, except the last couple of paragraphs. The graphics have taken a hit, the mood online stinks, etc. I do like the game in some ways, but there are so many issues it makes me not want to play. :-/ And then people scream at me and accuse me of 'bashing' it when I point out the things I don't like.

Rati are in Ep3, and they rock. Nothing is nearly as amusing as watching a FOmarl floating in midair with a Rati at her back.

navci
Mar 23, 2004, 01:02 AM
I hate Ep 3 because Nidras are not in it.

I truely do.

*runs*

Pancake
Mar 23, 2004, 01:51 AM
Ah Nidra...I forgot about that Mag http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif That sucks!

_Sinue_
Mar 23, 2004, 04:52 AM
*Big Smile*

Nice rant.. I don't really agree (or agree fully) with alot of your viewpoints.. but I appreceate the style in which it was written. Ep III is an alright game. I have my issues with it, but being offline only for now, it's not too bad so far.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE STORY! - Navi

I will disagree with this though. Sonic Team have never been known for their storytelling ability.. and it shows. I am severely dissapointed in it.. in presentation, excecution, and expectations. I'm not fully through it.. so that view may change with time.. but it's not looking so good at this point in time.

Ness
Mar 23, 2004, 07:08 AM
On 2004-03-22 19:39, navi wrote:

While I agree with Ian on the whole social things, graphics and stuff. (in fact I agree with almost all of the things he said) THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE STORY! It fucking make sense, characters were real and believable. It is not the greatest game in this entire world, it has its flaws and shit and what not.

Just becasue it makes sense doesn't make it good. Like I said PSO was not made with the intention of having an epic story, but atleast PSO ep. 1 and 2's stroy was remotely interesting (they could have been more original for Episode 2, but that's not why I bought the game).

But I am sick and tired of it being the "downfall" because it is a card game. So it is a card game. I can deal with people who has spent some time in the game like Ian and criticize it. But for people who has never ever seen the game in action should all zip their mouth and go fart somewhere else.

You can not tell me that Episode 3 is selling any where closer to how well all the other PSO's sold. You can even wee it here on PSOW. Episode 3 players are a minority and I don't think it's because the game is new.

PJ
Mar 23, 2004, 08:18 AM
On 2004-03-22 19:44, DOG21313 wrote:
they would have to pay MONEY for people to do that, and that would be faar too much to ask of ST, now wouldnt it?

Actually, they could do something about it without paying a cent: But they'd still be losing money. I mean, I'm sure all of us don't want to be banned, but we DO want the jerks banned =/ I'm sure ST would, and has the power to, ban people, but they don't want to loose money.

I hope in the next Phantasy Star, they go back to the real-time combat, with the system they made so well, and just... imporve on it.

As I have said in the past (Or have I?), I have never had more fun with any game outside of Phantasy Star Online (Episode 1 & 2). So you can kinda guess how I felt when I heard thye were changing everything =/ All though I was excited about it after awhile, then I heard you don't even use your own characters, that turned me off for months -_-

But even through all that I've said, I'm still excited to buy and play this game. Why? Cause I'll just be playingn with my friends. That just means I'll be avoiding the jerks of Vega.

And of course, ST seems more organized with Episode 3 then they did with past PSO. New quests every 2 weeks (It seems, maybe it's just my imagination), editing stats of cards, jukebox...

I'll stop rambling now, but I still expect to see Episode 4 >_< With Chao! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Scejntjynahl
Mar 23, 2004, 11:35 AM
On 2004-03-23 04:08, Ness wrote:

You can not tell me that Episode 3 is selling any where closer to how well all the other PSO's sold. You can even wee it here on PSOW. Episode 3 players are a minority and I don't think it's because the game is new.

If what you say is true, then the ships on eps1&2 would have more players in it. But in reality it is more like a ghost town. Most ppl I know (myself also) have migrated to eps3.

KodiaX987
Mar 23, 2004, 12:08 PM

They have become 3rd party and only worry about profits.

Any given company, by definition, exists to do just that. Find something else!

navci
Mar 23, 2004, 01:31 PM
@Ness: I am not even going to listen to what you say until you come back with first hand experience.

edit: Not only do you completely miss my point, you also ignored my point ever existed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-03-23 10:34 ]</font>

Ness
Mar 23, 2004, 04:12 PM
On 2004-03-23 10:31, navi wrote:
@Ness: I am not even going to listen to what you say until you come back with first hand experience.

edit: Not only do you completely miss my point, you also ignored my point ever existed.

I didn't miss your point. You said "Don't knock it until you try it," nor did I ignore it because I responded to it. For somone that claims to not be a fanboy, you are showing the traits of one.

I too usally believe in hte "don't knock it until you try it" principle, but there are somethings that I don't have to try to know that I will dislike. Episode III being an excellent example. I have palyed many card-based RPGs and have walked away disappointed everytime. Except for a few uniqiue things here and there, they were all the same (honestly, what room for innovation is there in a card game?).

Also, I read your guide to the character's stories and it was pretty much a combination of all the cliched stories usally found in the subplots of RPGs and anime.

@Furankunichan

Well then, it looks like I stand corrected. Most of my friends either no longer play PSO (like myself) or play Episodes 1 and 2. Many of us also beleive that Episode III will be the downfall of PSO.

navci
Mar 23, 2004, 04:27 PM
I am going to ignore you now. I don't want to kill any more living cells in my body.

Ness
Mar 23, 2004, 04:29 PM
On 2004-03-23 13:27, navi wrote:
I am going to ignore you now. I don't want to kill any more living cells in my body.

So in other words, you are sealing yourself off from anyone that doesn't state what you want to hear? Typical fangirl attitude. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

navci
Mar 23, 2004, 04:35 PM
YES I AM A FANGIRL HEAR ME RAWR! LOLOLOLOL!!!!111oneone

Scejntjynahl
Mar 23, 2004, 04:38 PM
On 2004-03-23 13:29, Ness wrote:

On 2004-03-23 13:27, navi wrote:

So in other words, you are sealing yourself off from anyone that doesn't state what you want to hear? Typical fangirl attitude. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

All Navi has said is you should try it. But instead you compared eps 3 to all other types of card games out there. Which you really can't do until you play eps3. All is been said, if you like your comment to be a little less biased you should play it, then you can bash it all you want. Btw, I still play eps1&2 how else would have I known that the ships are empty? And there was no real need for you to say Navi is a fangirl, she enjoys the game for what it is, and she hates the new mentality of the current players in eps3 more than anything else.

Well I have better things to do now that I have said my two cents *picks nose* @_@

Rainbowlemon
Mar 23, 2004, 04:43 PM
*snigger*

That took me a while to stop laughing, really.

I haven't played Ep 3, but neither do I want to. Why should I want to buy a card game? If I wanted to do that I would go out to the newsagents and buy a pack of cards.

Seriously though, to each to his own. If you want to play card games, then play them, but if not, then don't. My own personal opinion is that I wish ST didn't make a mockery of what was a nicely running series of games, but like that's going to change anything, so I'll just sit here playing my Ep I&II knowing that it is a good game and pretty much nothing can change my mind.

And Navi, what's wrong with being a Fangirl? I just don't see how an accusation of someone liking something can be offensive - It shows openness to new ideas.

~ Antimony

But, that's just my two cents.

Ness
Mar 23, 2004, 04:54 PM
On 2004-03-23 13:38, Furankunichan wrote:

All Navi has said is you should try it. But instead you compared eps 3 to all other types of card games out there. Which you really can't do until you play eps3.

Why not? Sure I haven't played Episode III, but I've played enough card games to know that they are pretty much the same and I have no reason to think differently. Maybe what I said about it being the downfall of PSo was a little harsh, but that still doesn't change the fact that I don't like it and don't want to play it.

All is been said, if you like your comment to be a little less biased you should play it, then you can bash it all you want.

My comments will be biased whether I paly it or not. If it's an opinion, then it's biased.

Btw, I still play eps1&2 how else would have I known that the ships are empty? And there was no real need for you to say Navi is a fangirl, she enjoys the game for what it is, and she hates the new mentality of the current players in eps3 more than anything else.

I wasn't calling her a fangirl because she liked the game, I said that becasue of the way she reacted to the fact that I didn't. Maybe fangirl was a little harsh. Oh well, water under the bridge.

PJ
Mar 23, 2004, 05:42 PM
On 2004-03-23 13:54, Ness wrote:
Why not? Sure I haven't played Episode III, but I've played enough card games to know that they are pretty much the same and I have no reason to think differently.

That's just like saying, "I've played one Nintendo game, aren't they all the same?"

Although that's a little to open, you don't make the same game over and expect people to buy it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Except for the fact that people already do buy remakes for some stupid reason... it escapes me. But remakes are different, as they're oooooooooooold (In most cases) and just resold so the younger can play them.

Outrider
Mar 23, 2004, 06:24 PM
This Ep 1 & 2 vs Ep 3 discussion is sounding very reminiscent of the "Zelda?!? More like Celda!!!1!" arguments.

Nai_Calus
Mar 23, 2004, 08:42 PM
Yeah, but Windwaker wasn't all that bad. Ep3... Kind of is. >_>;

Deathscythealpha
Mar 23, 2004, 09:40 PM
Well, i think im going to look into Episode 3 when it comes out over here in the UK anyway. I wasnt too excited about the whole change to a Card game thing to start off with, i would have liked to have seen a sequal that used the same style of PSO but with more playability (walking around and hitting things for the 10000th hour did get repetative, even though i carried on anywya), but if this is what we get i can live with that. And ive also hear alot of people talking about some of the storyline and characters being good, and that intrigues me.

So at the mo i see the whole two sides of the arguement thing, but im going to go with what i think and buy the game anyhow. If it sucks, it sucks, if its good, bonus! Now to sit and twiddle my thumbs till it comes out.

Outrider
Mar 23, 2004, 09:40 PM
I'm not taking sides... I'm just making an observation.

DOG21313
Mar 23, 2004, 10:28 PM
On 2004-03-23 09:08, KodiaX987 wrote:

They have become 3rd party and only worry about profits.

Any given company, by definition, exists to do just that. Find something else!

What i meant was they dont focus on quality of the game very much anymore. Mostly they have just been rushing games out not worrying about glitches, and their reputation (which wasnt all too great in the first place) is getting bad. They are doing it with old game series like PSO because they know that people will expect it to be the same quality as the first.

Personally i liked ep 3, but the glitches get me mad at it. Today, it wouldnt let me equip ANY weps at the start, so bleh... It just has way too many glitches in my opinion.

derBauer
Mar 24, 2004, 12:43 AM
The whole card gae idea was not a good one in my opinion. I really enjoy walking in the 3D environments hacking and shooting up boomas, vulmers, dimenians, and the like.
If I want to play cards, I'll play Hold Em with friends.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 24, 2004, 02:42 PM
I'm only assuming something here but hear me out.

So lets say Episode 3 doesn't sell as well as Sonic Team or Sega would like it to (in the US, In Japan, worldwide).

That means they might take a pass on improving PSO for a new version, card game or otherwise.

We all should assume that we are way more likely to see a new card game version than a version like the PSO's of old. Why would they bother making a better version of an old game?, when they have this new cash cow (again assuming, not fact).

Episode 1&2 was in development for awhile so it "had to be better than PSO on DC". People were so hyped for months after little details leaked about the gameplay here and there. "auto-respond to simple mails, that is soo cool", "voice chat on XBOX?!".

What kind of hype did Episode 3 have? seriously, it came out of no-where and people really had nothing too major to look forward to.
It eases the strain on people looking forward to a change in the PSO formula and especially for those who are bored to death of the same old game. But people realize now that this is not the same addictive PSO we all know and love having played it before.

But chalk me up in the "never played it/don't really want to" side in terms of PSO Episode 3 C.A.R.D. Revolution. I don't want to play it for other reasons than the ones mentioned here.

-Geshtar-
Mar 24, 2004, 03:16 PM
I say PSO 4 should take a step into Everquest territory. Everything you equip be visable. You don't have stupid levels to journy to, but instead the entire world.

No warp to here or there. Why not set up camp with your team when it's night? This could be a lot of fun. As I started playing everquest a few weeks ago and wow..it is just so much better than PSO ever could be.

From the full customization, to the frequent updates and hacker/cheater nonexhisting. Plus Champions of Norrath is FREE online play.

Question, can I get in trouble for talking about Everquest here, I hope not.

BogusKun
Mar 24, 2004, 05:20 PM
Actually... well it's hard to come up with something like I usually do because... Right now I can't think correctly but, you see???

PSO Card Re. was like this mediocre idea that only ST could pull off to make a hit out of it.

Let me make some comparisons...

PSO = Britney Spears (Back in the day)

All the girls liked ANYTHING she came out with...
Pencils, video game, book bags, story books, even the online por...umm no comix heh, I HEARD!!!

Getting back to PSO
PSO ver.1 was liked by many people, V2 came out, everyone tried hard to import the game, new people came online, Ep2 came out, more people bought that, new people came on, Ep3... Over 7000 people play online a day. (Excluding Jack http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif )

You see as long as PSO is being redone ST KNOWS that
PSO > j00 (Excluding Me as C A P C O M http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif )

Marketing my friends.

Armok
Mar 25, 2004, 06:46 AM
Ep 3 is good you will get 20 hrs of gameplay out of it and maybe a 100 if you are online and have online friends.

However in my opinion the game is a let down.

Although there are 500 cards you are limited to a much smaller amount dependent on which side you choose. Games like YuGiOh have a huge range.

Making a decent/cheap deck is really easy due to the 30 card limit and 5 card draw meaning you can get out all 3-4 cards you need for your super combo attack.

2 sides arks and Hunters. Basically it annoys me playing arks that you HAVE to trap an enemy far away. And it also annoys me that as a hunter your aim is just run across the screen without getting pinned down and kill the ark character.

Dont get me wrong I like the game but rather han seeing it for its good points I see it for its flaws.

I would have loved
A, designing my own char card (lets say you get 8 ability points to set where u see fit +atp +hp +tp etc spec abilities etc.)
B, Cards packs to buy. Eg get money for winning battles which use in a game shop to buy various card packs each pack containing diferent rares.
C, Less reliance on Trapping Hunter chars being the aim of the game.

Bradicus
Mar 25, 2004, 08:06 AM
Heh, if PSO can't deliver, i will just move on to another online RPG >_>

KodiaX987
Mar 25, 2004, 08:11 AM
On 2004-03-25 03:46, Armok wrote:

Although there are 500 cards you are limited to a much smaller amount dependent on which side you choose. Games like YuGiOh have a huge range.

Yes, but I played YuGiOh, and out of all the cards in the deck (my nephew has two decks and we split it before starting a game), I only find about 20% of them to be actually useful. :/

Armok
Mar 25, 2004, 08:25 AM
Yes that is a point yu gi oh does have a huge number of useless cards

Monsters with >1000atp/def with no special why bother even releasing them.

Same for all card games though most ppl will all end up using the same few cards as they tend to be more powerful.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 25, 2004, 10:15 AM
On 2004-03-25 03:46, Armok wrote:
Ep 3 is good you will get 20 hrs of gameplay out of it and maybe a 100 if you are online and have online friends.

However in my opinion the game is a let down.

Making a decent/cheap deck is really easy due to the 30 card limit and 5 card draw meaning you can get out all 3-4 cards you need for your super combo attack.

2 sides arks and Hunters. Basically it annoys me playing arks that you HAVE to trap an enemy far away. And it also annoys me that as a hunter your aim is just run across the screen without getting pinned down and kill the ark character.

Dont get me wrong I like the game but rather han seeing it for its good points I see it for its flaws.

I would have loved
A, designing my own char card (lets say you get 8 ability points to set where u see fit +atp +hp +tp etc spec abilities etc.)
B, Cards packs to buy. Eg get money for winning battles which use in a game shop to buy various card packs each pack containing diferent rares.
C, Less reliance on Trapping Hunter chars being the aim of the game.

A: Very good point, that would be nice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
B: Well, not packs, but they have "Capsules" to buy online, but only get one card at a time (mostly useless ones like Visk http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) They should add more variety, or have at least "packs" to sell on special ocassions.
C: Very true, I believe Shimarisu has a complaint about Arkz always trapping you with cheap cost monsters, but in reality, what else can Arkz do? The only Arkz I see as a head on competitor is Reiz, and that is only if you have her protected up the ying yang.

PS: Do you play Yu Gi Oh?

Armok
Mar 25, 2004, 10:49 AM
On 2004-03-25 07:15, Furankunichan wrote:

A: Very good point, that would be nice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
B: Well, not packs, but they have "Capsules" to buy online, but only get one card at a time (mostly useless ones like Visk http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) They should add more variety, or have at least "packs" to sell on special ocassions.
C: Very true, I believe Shimarisu has a complaint about Arkz always trapping you with cheap cost monsters, but in reality, what else can Arkz do? The only Arkz I see as a head on competitor is Reiz, and that is only if you have her protected up the ying yang.

PS: Do you play Yu Gi Oh?

I've played quite a bit of Yu gi oh WWE to try out a Card game before Ep3 came out its quite good (annoying magic cards that wipe out entire team excluded). Also played through Pokemon card game on the GB (sad i know). Back in the day I also played Marvel overpower/top trumps and various other ones so feel i have quite a knoweledge of wat works well.

I really like your idea about special christmas/halloween capsules/packs with things like Santa rappys and present/jacko lantern assist cards. The choice of Red Blue green or black pack only kind of sucks.

In YGH WWE get a choice of 8-9 packs each which contains different super rare cards. Insted of clv varying N4-SS rate you should only unlock certain packs after so many level.

Say you start Redria you should be able to pick from packs:
Mag&Barrier/Rifles&shots/Mechanic Beasts
and pinkal should start with:
Wands&staffs/Native beasts/Rifles&shots etc
with the different pack types becoming avaible when you hit certain levels. It would also give ppl a reason to trade if there where a few id specific N cards.

Ness
Mar 25, 2004, 04:36 PM
On 2004-03-25 05:06, Bradicus wrote:
Heh, if PSO can't deliver, i will just move on to another online RPG >_>

That's what I did.

opaopajr
Mar 26, 2004, 04:41 PM
[since no one else said it, and yet it is so amusing it must be said]

Apology accepted, Ian-Kun X

- with love, opaopajr http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif