PDA

View Full Version : GG

BRTW2
Mar 22, 2004, 07:59 PM
Ya know, half the time I say it, I've brutally beaten someone with the help of Anthony, who you all love to hate. The other half, I say it when I lose, cause there is no point in not saying it. But when I beat someone solo, which happens, I hardly never get a gg back, more like "stfu, noob, you suck, i rolled low".

Cant everyone just say gg, even when they are brutally beaten and lose 20 points?

punkasssss
Mar 22, 2004, 09:03 PM
I have found it to be kinda opposite. Sure there are a few sore losers out there, and I admit sometimes when I say gg, I do it through clenched teeth, but most of the peopleI have fought have been pretty good natured.

Mr_Special
Mar 22, 2004, 09:07 PM
yes, GG for everyone, and a w00t w00t too!

when i play CS (rare these days) or UT2k4 i usually say GG, and most people i play with do too.

damnit, if CS people can say GG then PSO pplz should be able to as well!

'course, we also jokingly call each others hackers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BRTW2
Mar 22, 2004, 09:38 PM
Yeah, i gave up on it today, I'm gonna say "sry" from now on when I beat people, its a lot better than "gg" and makes people feel less bad. Of course, when you play with one of the cheapest players around, and use a very cheap powerful weapon that beats everything, it gets old and people get angry.

Long live the yas3kr.

KnucklesZ5
Mar 22, 2004, 09:50 PM
It's kinda hard to say GG when you lost a tourney to some Arkz that has decided to use the time limit to their advantage ans completely surround you with claws, rappies, and other such small monsters that keep you from moving.

Mr_Special
Mar 22, 2004, 10:47 PM
On 2004-03-22 18:50, KnucklesZ5 wrote:
It's kinda hard to say GG when you lost a tourney to some Arkz that has decided to use the time limit to their advantage ans completely surround you with claws, rappies, and other such small monsters that keep you from moving.

O_o

i guess thats when you wish you had cross slay/[can't remember the hit all around AC] and fly granting cards in your deck :/

but when they aren't abusing the time limit, you could always make a comment on their deck... i mean, think about what it was that really did you in and just congrat them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

or just say GG...
or say "interesting deck..."
or say "killer deck man! that thing's awesome!" etc, and then make a counter deck next time they play the deck thinking its all great http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Link00seven
Mar 22, 2004, 10:53 PM
Usually for me, even when I get my ass beat--I dont say "gg" with any sort of pissed off mood. I mean, its only a game, and even if I lose a match...im not going to get ticked off.

MightyMule
Mar 23, 2004, 08:42 AM
I always say gg. The only people I find who don't say gg are the people who are high level and are often very very bitter at losing mass amounts of experience when I beat them (I'm level 8, and they are lets say level 30).

dragoon-girl
Mar 23, 2004, 11:58 AM
It's nice to say..but I lost every battle I got into last night..I was getting kind of upset..and stressed >_<

Alisha
Mar 23, 2004, 12:36 PM
i always try to say GG but sometimes im stuck in whisper mode

BogusKun
Mar 23, 2004, 12:39 PM
Heh... there is this one guy I played against who knows he's going to lose even though he's good.

He says GG b4 the shuffle menu pops up.

BogusKun
Mar 24, 2004, 05:33 PM
On 2004-03-22 19:47, Mr_Special wrote:

On 2004-03-22 18:50, KnucklesZ5 wrote:

O_o

i guess thats when you wish you had cross slay/[can't remember the hit all around AC] and fly granting cards in your deck :/

but when they aren't abusing the time limit, you could always make a comment on their deck... i mean, think about what it was that really did you in and just congrat them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

or just say GG...
or say "interesting deck..."
or say "killer deck man! that thing's awesome!" etc, and then make a counter deck next time they play the deck thinking its all great http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I played a game similar to that and lost. Had all of the slashes and crosslays on another character. The Arkz was rolling 5-6s the whole game and never attacked, but the other player was using Creinu who has the least HP in the game for Arkz.

Skorpius
Mar 24, 2004, 05:45 PM
i find "gg" offensive, because you are too lazy to even care and type out "good game" or anything else along those lines.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-03-24 14:46 ]</font>

BogusKun
Mar 24, 2004, 06:41 PM
I agree with you. I think I won't be saying GG for a while anyway since I don't play too much PSO anymore.

S N K doesn't play Ep3, So why does my C A P C O M?

Sigh.

AzureBlaze
Mar 25, 2004, 12:58 AM
I'll say it...if I mean it. If it was true.

I don't just say "GoodGame" when like...I know it was total BS for one side or the other. If something lame happened to the other guy that made me win, I'll say something about it like that 'bad luck/bad dice/bad hand/dumb NPC partner/someone bailed on their tourney' and it isn't their fault. I mean--how could it be?

I am of the opinion that you don't need someone telling you Good Game when they know as well as you do that things went to heck in a handcart or whatever the expression is. When it is a total lie, I don't think either the winner or the loser would appriciate hearing it.

On the other hand, if it is a good tuff fight, fought right down to the wire on both sides, free of "BS Rolls" and other such luck-dependent nonsense, then I will freely comment.

I also picked up on someone elses' habit which is to say "Good Luck and Have Fun" before the fight, while whisper is still off. I found it to be an unusually polite sentiment which bashes neither side and emphasizes the entire point of the game: having cool fights.