PDA

View Full Version : Should I get this game, even thought I cannot play online?

Zinger314
Mar 22, 2004, 10:03 PM
Topic. I loved Episode 1 & 2, and I love card games, but will the lack of being able to go online be a drastic experience I will be missing?

Moleman
Mar 22, 2004, 10:04 PM
I don't have online, I've been enjoying it.

Myopathy
Mar 22, 2004, 10:07 PM
Well if you could stand playing EP1&2 offline, than I guess you could probably stand playing EP3 offline.

I personally would not bother getting the game if you can't play online. The only form of long-lasting enjoyment I could see from playing offline would be to play against friends on the same GC (Although it's lame because you can see each other's hands). Other than that, there really is no point in playing the game offline after you beat the storyline. In EP1&2, you played to level up and to hunt for rares. This allowed you to go through the game with more ease. In EP3, the COM opponent is easy even without the rare cards you would get after you leveled up. The good cards would normally help you beat others online, but you don't even need good cards to beat the COM.

However, if you ever do have a chance to get online, than EP3 is MORE than worth it.

Auronius
Mar 22, 2004, 10:19 PM
On 2004-03-22 19:03, Zinger314 wrote:
Will the lack of being able to go online be a drastic experience I will be missing?

Yes. However, you should still have a fun time, but it might not last as long.

Zinger314
Mar 22, 2004, 10:36 PM
On 2004-03-22 19:07, Ezellaur wrote:
Well if you could stand playing EP1&2 offline, than I guess you could probably stand playing EP3 offline.
Who said I player Episode 1 and 2 offline? I had it for the Xbox, and during the two month free trial, I LOVED IT. I got nearly 300 hours, more than any other game. But alas, I am not paying the ridicilous monthly fee....and it doesn't look like Episode 3 is coming to the Xbox...

Majadamus
Mar 23, 2004, 02:05 PM
On 2004-03-22 19:36, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2004-03-22 19:07, Ezellaur wrote:
Who said I player Episode 1 and 2 offline? I had it for the Xbox, and during the two month free trial, I LOVED IT. I got nearly 300 hours, more than any other game. But alas, I am not paying the ridicilous monthly fee....and it doesn't look like Episode 3 is coming to the Xbox...

Too bad you didn't have PSO Ep 1&2 for Gamecube. That way you could pay for one monthly fee for two games. And the monthly fee is not that bad compared to some MMORPGs *cough*FFXI 13 bucks a month*cough*

As far as the offline mode goes, I've been enjoying it. I've put about 7 hours into it and still loving it. I'm waiting to get paid so I can go online soon.

Blatt4Life
Mar 23, 2004, 02:48 PM
Yeah I am currently playing offline (put about 20 hours into the game offline so far) and I enjoy it. Although I plan on getting online, I still would recommend it for offline players.