PDA

View Full Version : Japanesse Kids On Our Servers!

RES_JakeDark
Mar 23, 2004, 08:59 AM
I feel that the Japansee with their high lvl's should stay on there own server...I guess they are to scared to fight there own people! Not to mention names ( BILLIE JOE, BILLIE JOE )!!! I find it funny that they come over here and still get a serious woopin' from us!

RES_JakeDark
Mar 23, 2004, 09:00 AM
When I go to enter in a tourny. I will most likly see a Japenesse player slaped in there...

Scejntjynahl
Mar 23, 2004, 11:04 AM
Seems only fair, there is quite a few of us that go to the Japanese servers. So its only natural that Japanese players migrate to US or EU servers as well.

Zaneatron
Mar 24, 2004, 09:24 AM
somebodies on the ball...

and Billie Joe isnt Japanese, as is the case for quite a few players with JP games.

Mr_Snuggles
Mar 24, 2004, 01:08 PM
Thats like telling cubans to go back to cuba or anyone else go back to where they came from. whats wrong with you? They and everyone on pso has every right go to where they please and play wherever and whomever they want. Maybe japanese players have the
same decks and he wants to know what other people
play with. Open ur eyes before u open ur mouth man. >:[

LollipopLolita
Mar 24, 2004, 01:20 PM
my god, that's silly and childish

what do you want to do next, separate by levels?

we should separate people by nationality on psow then.

Hrith
Mar 24, 2004, 01:30 PM
On 2004-03-24 10:20, LollipopLolita wrote:
we should separate people by nationality on psow then.
I'd be lonely http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Sharkyland
Mar 24, 2004, 01:44 PM
Same...

Boxblaster666
Mar 24, 2004, 07:42 PM
I understand what you all are saying. We should not discriminate the Japanese players on our servers...untill they whup us and make fun, just because they had the game longer. I am fine with Japanese people on our servers, but if they start jeering and harrassing me for losing to them, then I will have a problem, but untill i have an experience like that I am fine.

LollipopLolita
Mar 24, 2004, 08:11 PM
you know, there are assholes from america too, it's not like it's dependant on nationality or race. each country has their share of assholes to keep things exciting and interesting.

seriously, there are some annoying americans that the japanese hate too. so you wanna separate the servers? look at psox. is that what you want? you'll still have the assholes. what are you going to do then? separate by state?

Thats like telling cubans to go back to cuba or anyone else go back to where they came from.

let's tell erupt to go back to cuba.

Boxblaster666
Mar 24, 2004, 08:17 PM
On 2004-03-24 17:11, LollipopLolita wrote:
you know, there are assholes from america too, it's not like it's dependant on nationality or race. each country has their share of assholes to keep things exciting and interesting.

seriously, there are some annoying americans that the japanese hate too. so you wanna separate the servers? look at psox. is that what you want? you'll still have the assholes. what are you going to do then? separate by state?

This is true and it is also what I mean. I meat this one player in a tourney(forgot name) that was american, and had an almost identical deck to mine(older deck), and he barely won, but he had to gloat and make fun and crap, yes, it is not the Japanese people I have a problem with at all, in fact, I like Japanese people, but its th a-holes who have the neccessity to act like a-holes all the time.

Pancake
Mar 24, 2004, 09:06 PM
Thats like telling cubans to go back to cuba or anyone else go back to where they came from.

let's tell erupt to go back to cuba.

[/quote]

Haha, Really though, if you have a huge problem with JP players go to a different Ship! Go to Antares 8

RES_JakeDark
Mar 25, 2004, 08:32 AM
Sheesh I did not affend anyone...Mostly LollipopLolita calm down please...I just dont like how these high lvl char are with us...and the game just came out for us...but its funny how I fight them and they get destroyed...for an example (Lavis)...lol she's not that good at the game...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RES_JakeDark on 2004-03-25 05:34 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Mar 25, 2004, 11:41 AM
i am clam. thing is, what you're doing is being racist, and when you're making racist comments, you're sure to offend some people.

everyone just feels the need to complain and gloat in this game. i mean they want to gloat over beating you, you want to gloat over beating them. what's the difference? so it keeps revolving.

Zaneatron
Mar 25, 2004, 12:03 PM
i think one thing to watch out for are the sore losers. i was in a match yesterday, that we won quite, well it kinda was and wasnt luck, but our opponent who attacked had 1 HP and was using a double saber. my partner who was being attacked had a companion card, so she played it, and it killed the item on Ino'lis, and our opponent died.

they lost, of course they were a bit miffed, and said if you didnt have so and so... they wernt having a go at us, or being offensive, i didnt mind them at all. but if people keep going on and on about it, saying how they were this close, the fact is, We beat them, and thats that. you could say, only if you didnt have that companion, but the fact remains we did, and it was used in the right place. and its just as easy for me to turn around and say, if you didnt have such and such a card, we could have beaten you even more easily. so it goes both ways. when you lose, you lose, and nothing you say, no matter how offensive it is, is going to change that.

people win, peole lose, its a game, get over it. our opponents linguered on what might have been for a few minutes, then joined up to another tourney. thats how it should be, it shouldnt be people incessantly whining about how they almost beat you, because the fact is you just beat them, how close they were is irrelevant. its like in a "soccer" (its football dammit!) match. your team could have 1 shot and score from it, and you opponents could have 100 shots and miss every one, even though they may have nearly gone in, they didnt. the team who took 1 shot scored, you didnt. thats life, and most people wont come to realise this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-03-25 09:03 ]</font>

Nightmarexlc
Mar 26, 2004, 02:08 AM
I rather enjoy teh J- players that hang around teh US server, they have... VERY interesting decks (today for example) I fought a JP player that used orland, not the orland deck I was expecting

the usuall stuff at first, but then when teh going got tough he whipped out the Harisen battle fan.
He kept slapping my bear sending him back to my hand everytime, and marched right up to me! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

But Mr. Al rappy saved my hid again whew, very epic battle yo

Genki_
Apr 19, 2004, 11:11 AM
I really don't think RES_JakeDark had any intent on being racist.

The Japanese players often come to the US ships looking for easy wins in tournaments. Yes its true that it is their right to do this, but they defenitely have an advantage over US players. It's always intimidating when you check the tournament listing and see a Japanese team name in the lineup.

Last night Scout and I were in a tournament and we saw a Japanese team in our bracket. I am level 19 and Scout is level 10. One of our opponents was level 304, the other one was either 187 or 287.

Both Scout and I were intimidated. As the tournament began, we both hoped our opponents would not show up. They did, and the battle began. I was Endu, Scout was Sil'fer. We see our opponents on the field. Inolis and Glustar. Great.. Forces... 2 Forces... 2 extremely high level Forces.

Scout and got to move first. Scout equiped a weapon and I summoned a Bartle, only monster I could summon at the time. Glustar put on a Summit Moon, Inollis rolled too low to put anything on. Our turn comes arround and I move my Bartle up and take a swing at Innolis. To my surprise they couldn't block it. 3 free damage to her.

Well the battle picked up. For a couple more turns Innolis wasn't able to put anything on, until she finally got a Summit Moon on herself. Scout was using a variety of weapons. Everything from a Red Sword to a Handgun. Glustar loved his Summit Moons and Elysion swords. Innolis favored Summit Moons, Club of Lacinoms (sp?) and later a Prophet of Motovah. I had a Hildebear and Bartles on the field. We focused on chipping away at them.

I strategically positioned my creatures so that they couldn't run for me and hit my Arkz character directly. We didn't have them totally boxed in, but it would have been a very long run to reach me, and they would have left themselves very vulnerable in doing so. This forced them to attack Scout. Scout never had more than 2 things on at a time, which was good because their RAzonde couldn't use its rampage effect. And she balanced her hand very well so that every turn she always had something to put on, even if it was just a simple Handgun or Soul Barrier. We courdinated our attacks well and steadily destroyed their equiped items. We took a commanding early lead in wich they were both below 10 HP, Scout had 14 HP and I was still full at 20. Luck was with us. They used Gibarta a few times, but always rolled too low to freeze us. Considering how many other games we always did get our weapons or creatures frozen, Scout and I were long overdo for this lucky break.

Time was beginning to run out so the Japanese took drastic measures. Glustar whipped out a Dark Bridge. Scout and I probably should have read it's special effect, but we only saw it's high HP total. But since it was the only thing Glustar had on we still decided to focus on him. We attacked it with all we could, and were shocked to see that the damage we did raised its TP.

Time was up now, and the Japanese are on their last turn. We had moved my Hildebear to attack Glustar and left him an opening to reach me. He took it and moved within range of me and bust out RAzonde. 16 Points of damage was about to be dealt. But Scout and I had one last counter. I used Decline. 16 EX lost instead of HP.

Next thing we know our screens say "Congratulations! E Rank". We had pulled it off! Despite a last second super strong tech attack, we pulled it off. A level 10 and a level 19 beat a team more than 300 levels above us. We both got 50 EXP for our victory. We both couldn't beleive we had pulled it off, but we were both incredibly excited too. By working together in perfect harmoney we were able to take down opponents much stronger than us.

Moral of the story: High level Japanese players do come over to the US ships, often seeking easy tournament wins. And they can be extremely intimidating to face. But they can also give you some of the most enjoyable games you will ever face and its a true test of your abilities. I welcome the Japanese to our ships. Win or lose, I always learn something, and its refereshing to see their interesting decks which are usually much more varied and original than the average US deck.

When facing them, stay calm, keep focused, think clearly, look for weaknesses in their decks and work dilligently with your partner and you can put up a good fight. Never give up, just like Baseball, its not over till its over.

trypticon
Apr 19, 2004, 04:00 PM
What the hell are you doing dipshit? Don't bump old posts. Read the forum rules before you post blindly.

Bluedragon07
Apr 19, 2004, 04:29 PM
man, i couldnt have put it better then you. I was fighting in my first tournament ever with this guy named sheik and we were getting our butt handed to us until by luck alone we managed to pull a win out of nothing by concentrating on the arkz, then this guy hayato complains that it was a "new deck" and whine whine whine, and then he hassles me for a half an hour, i mean get over it, holy crap

Arislan
Apr 20, 2004, 03:07 AM
Genki_, try not to bump multiple week old topics. I suppose I can see how this one could have been, given how few posts this forum gets, but try and take care.

Trypticon, no flaming fellow members. Any more I see after this point will earn +1's.

Verbal warning for you both.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-04-20 01:10 ]</font>

DruidMettool
Apr 24, 2004, 04:51 PM
The views of the original topic are wrong on so many different levels... Allow me to elaborate

There's a lot of hate between the cultures on PSO. (namely, Japan Vs. Everyone else). And i'm not saying that's just one side's fault either.

Saying that all Japanese players are racist is like saying all Iraqis are terrorists: It's as far from the truth as you can get.

If anything, it's partly our fault that some JP players are completely racist. Some of the US players harass the JP players, and racially slur them. And why? for laughs. I see no humor in that. Sure, I may type fake "engrish" once in a while, but I'd never do it to intentionally insult them.

So why do people make fun of the Japanese? Because we are Americans, and I have no shame in saying that 80% of US-PSO is mae up of 11-year-old dyslexic children, raised on an HP Pavillion with Windows ME, that find who type "FU NUB!111" as their most "advanced" insult. (am I wrong? Go visit Vega 01) These people take it out on people that can't fight back: Japanese players. And doing this is like shooting an old lady, whom similarly cant fight back.

US isnt the only side to blame... Japanese players sometimes come to our servers and make fun of us. They have the right to some extent but, from what I've seen, they make fun of the entirely wrong populous. The populous? Intelligent players of course.

Racism will never end on PSO at the rate it is going. We aren't going to see peace. As long as there's idiots (from any country), there will always be Racism.

So next time you think that JP players should stay on their own servers... shut up, sit down, and think about what you're saying, because youre only making the situation worse.

If any topic needed to be locked in the course of history. It's this one... Who will do the honors?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DruidMettool on 2004-04-24 15:02 ]</font>

rena-ko
Apr 26, 2004, 05:40 AM
to prevent further bumps and to prevent any meaningless back and forth on if the initial post was racistic or not, lets lock this topic.

and i personally am happy to have some decent posts to close it down on.