PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* Another method of FSOD...

Cheech
Apr 20, 2001, 12:18 PM
Last night, I joined a game, I said hi and all, and then they opened a telepipe, I go down. They say, hey, can you buy some trifuilds, I'll give you money. He gave me the money, and I go up to get him some trifuilds. Once I get out of the telepipe, I have a FSOD with the message of "HAHA! I FSODED YOU!" on the screen. I know how he did it, but I won't post how (for safety). I just want to warn you, make you own pipe AWAY from people (unless you know them) they can FSOD and you can lose some pretty important stuff (I lost some high % weapons =( )

Orcus
Apr 20, 2001, 12:23 PM
omg this totally sucks. I was in a game the other day and someone accused another person of giving him the fsod, but i thought that it wasn't possible, so i didn't believe him That is scary as hell to know that someone can totally screw you, by causing it.

Hmmm.... offline play is starting to become more intriguing to me.

When will people learn to grow up and use some of those bugs for good things.

Grrrrrr i'm frustrated as hell that this can happen
-Orcus

MechDan
Apr 20, 2001, 12:29 PM
Just great. Thanks for the warning, I'm playing a few public games nowadays.

What items do you lose when it happens? Is stuff in the bank safe? What about equipped items? I'm wondering if it's safe to play NO WEAPON style with strangers...

Nakago
Apr 20, 2001, 12:33 PM
That happened to me the other day
my game froze right wheni appeared on Pio 2
thats how my 100 humar died >.<

Nakago
Apr 20, 2001, 12:34 PM
u lose anything that isnt equipped
like fluids and whatever u might of picked up that game
i lost my weapon and stuff
all i had left was mag and armor

Omege12
Apr 20, 2001, 12:36 PM
Well it's just like a Bsod, you loose all unequiped items. I know how it's done too, and it's kinda tough to do it, you have to time it right and all. But cheech is right, watch out for people who want you to go back and forth between pipes..

Esain
Apr 20, 2001, 12:46 PM
Hm. I'll have to remember that. Thanks for the warning. Looks like I'm gonna have to play in locked games from now on.

I wish those people would give up their childish pranks and grow up....

watashiwa
Apr 20, 2001, 12:53 PM
Hmm, this method is not new at all. It's the same exact method that's been around forever. It's not hard at all to pull off. Just don't play with morons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

MechDan
Apr 20, 2001, 01:07 PM
Okay, so anything in the bank is safe, and equipped armor/mag/units are safe. But the other mags I carry with me to feed (unequipped) are vulnerable? I'll leave them in the bank when playing in public games, then.

Thanks for the info!

Orcus
Apr 20, 2001, 01:24 PM
yes while items in the bank are safe, the bigger problem with FSOD is the potential of losing all your game data. That's right. Because someone thinks it's fun to be an ass, you could potentially lose hundreds of hours of hard work and game play.

- Orcus

Lmnopia
Apr 20, 2001, 02:06 PM
nuke ya nuke ya....

hmmm thats lame but hey so's everquest..

watashiwa
Apr 20, 2001, 02:23 PM
I've never heard anyone losing a full character to FSOD. The only time I've heard of a lost character was during a RSOD (Reset screen of death) and when you quit the game and the VMU is unable to save the file. (I have no idea how this happens.) Anyways, when you FSOD or BSOD without saving, you lose all unequipped items. That's it. Bank stuff is safe. However, if you're playing on the import, you lose everything. ^_^ Ah well.

Be on the look out for:

http://www.project-douraku.com/psoshots/PSOWorldSig.jpg

No pic: May LV79 FOnewearl, Reye LV68 HUnewearl, and C`rono LV67 HUmar.

PSO Shots~! (http://www.project-douraku.com/psoshots/)

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: watashiwa on 2001-04-20 12:27 ]</font>

Core
Apr 20, 2001, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the warning!

merlin
Apr 20, 2001, 07:55 PM
Wow...I'm really surprised that Nakago got it....I've been keeping tabs on these bsod and fsod postings and to me living here in Canada it seemed that only our American friends were being nailed with this stuff.I was beginning to think that it was a territorial or localization glitch....apparently not!!! See,Mechdan,this is the good part about being a force...you CAN play ENTIRELY weaponless, and nobody wants our stuff anyway(lol).

Shir
Apr 20, 2001, 08:10 PM
I got the Psychodelic Rainbow Screen of Death once. I was playing with a friend and I know he'd never do anything on purpose. Basically we were playing, he casts a Photon Blast and.... the game froze. I left the game on for over an hour hoping it would disconnect, staring and rainbow colors and a sillouette of his character. I lost all my meseta and unequipped items. Including a supressed gun he'd just given me. Ah well. I used to carry around all my 'area weapons', the 4 weapons with decent %'s I use for each area, now I'm paranoid about that.

Falkon
Apr 20, 2001, 08:16 PM
I recently had this happen...I was playing with two people I always play with, and this loser, who opened a pipe for me to go up, needless to say, I got FSoDed.

/Falkon

Robocop
Apr 20, 2001, 09:19 PM
i dont wanna sound like a newbie or a pompus ass but i dont really understand this. I have been victomized by many BSOD's and similar freezings of my PSO many times over. Even before i was involved in the community and really even talked to anyone online i thought id just try to unhook the phone chord. it worked the first time and it worked everytime since, sometimes it can take up to a half hour to give me the "your line has been disconnected" stuff but it always happens and i have never lost anything. am i missing something and this doesn't always work?

KodiaX987
Apr 20, 2001, 09:27 PM
I haven't kept abreast of the news lately. What happens in an FSOD?

Kamotz
Apr 21, 2001, 01:02 AM
On 2001-04-20 19:19, Robocop wrote:
i dont wanna sound like a newbie or a pompus ass but i dont really understand this. I have been victomized by many BSOD's and similar freezings of my PSO many times over. Even before i was involved in the community and really even talked to anyone online i thought id just try to unhook the phone chord. it worked the first time and it worked everytime since, sometimes it can take up to a half hour to give me the "your line has been disconnected" stuff but it always happens and i have never lost anything. am i missing something and this doesn't always work?

For Black Screens of Death, yes, this normally works everytime. However, with Freezing screens of death, it doesn't.

Mazarin
Apr 21, 2001, 03:12 AM
Once again. Thank you to all the honest people I play with on Puck 9 ^_~

Glider
Apr 21, 2001, 03:43 AM
Happened to me once. As long as you keep all your important stuff equiped it's not that big a deal.