PDA

View Full Version : Merges

Eihwaz
Mar 24, 2004, 01:31 AM
Now, my FOnewm uses Red/Yellow/Blue Merges for tech-power ups. Now, I was wondering, since the only Ice tech I use with him is Rabarta, would it be okay to move to Rabarta Merge?

Becuase, I always thought...

Red/Blue/Yellow Merges boost appropriate tech family 20%.

*Tech Name* Merge boosted it 30%. Am I right, or wrong? Please, help me out here.

Eibra
Mar 24, 2004, 01:45 AM
I'm fairly sure that you're right, that an individual spell merge will boost that spell by a larger % than a basic color merge would. I've never had two next to each other to compare but it only makes sense, if that wasn't the case than the individual merges would be pointless (not that it'd be beyond SonicTeam to create pointless items...)

Eihwaz
Mar 24, 2004, 01:54 AM
On 2004-03-23 22:45, Eibra wrote:
I'm fairly sure that you're right, that an individual spell merge will boost that spell by a larger % than a basic color merge would. I've never had two next to each other to compare but it only makes sense, if that wasn't the case than the individual merges would be pointless (not that it'd be beyond SonicTeam to create pointless items...)

Hmm, that does make sense.

And you're right, ST did make a lot of pointless items. *points to my old thread*

Proto Regen Gear anyone? At least a merge looks nifty and gives you boosted Techs...

Deus-Irae
Mar 24, 2004, 04:24 AM
yep, the color named merges give less of a bonus because they cover the whole range of that type of tech. you got it.

yes, merges rock!