PDA

View Full Version : Level 200 - ...Does everyone assume you've cheated?

GUN
Mar 24, 2004, 07:59 AM
As it happens I'm only at level 106 - ages before I get to 200 - however, it made me wonder whether it would be better to level up to 190ish rather than all the way to 200 as people kinda assume that 200 lvlers have cheated and maxed out etc.

Shame to level all that way only to be assumed a cheat!! - food for thought.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GUN on 2004-03-26 09:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GUN on 2004-03-26 09:09 ]</font>

AndyPandy
Mar 24, 2004, 08:57 AM
lol, who gives a damn what others think...no offense, but if your not going to level to 200 because you think people will think your a cheat is pretty screwed up.

You level your character for yourself, not for anyone else. YOU will know if you did it honestly, and thats all that counts.

It is a shame that being level 200 doesnt really mean anything to others anymore...but thats a sign of the times. Back in the day, when you first saw a level 200 its was "wow" ..that guy spent alot of time online..lol.

Anyways, the conclusion..level 200 means nothing to others, but it could mean something to you...dont let other people spoil that.

Saffran
Mar 24, 2004, 09:23 AM
Andy Panty : back in the days, people were even more inclined to think it was a cheat. You DO need over 1000 hours to get that high, that's 2 months spent on the game with minimum sleep time and doing nothing else than Ultimate from day 3 on!
Or over a year for a normal person.

To answer the thread: a lv 200 cheater can be spotted. Just look at him playing the game. A lv 200 legit has to be feeled. It takes more than an online play to notice... plus, chances are you'll recognize that player from message boards discussions anyway.

AndyPandy
Mar 24, 2004, 09:49 AM
I would tend to agree on some accounts, but I myself know many people that are both very good players, and have multiple characters some legit and some hacked to level 200. Just because someone has hacked a character upto 200 doesnt automatically mean you can notice that they are of a lesser playing skill.

Oh, and just for the record...when I say "back in the day" I mean the launch of PSO on Gamecube in Japan. Many of the people that I know were legit 200's I used to play with them early on, when GC PSO EP 1 and 2 had no level 200 hacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2004-03-24 06:52 ]</font>

Cheep
Mar 24, 2004, 07:16 PM
Well I usualy expect the people that came from nowhere with weird names like greenRAmar or greenranger(don't remember), but usualy no one else.
I saw a nooblet call s n k an ar 200 once which caused a lobby uproar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cheep on 2004-03-24 16:17 ]</font>

The_Pew
Mar 24, 2004, 08:27 PM
Does it matter if people think you cheated? I don't really care what others think. Just play the game for yourself not to keep face with others.

KaFKa
Mar 24, 2004, 11:12 PM
On 2004-03-24 05:57, AndyPandy wrote:
who gives a damn what others think
my two cents. this coming from someone who has a level 200 character

Para
Mar 25, 2004, 01:25 PM
If you are level 200 on the PC version definitely people think you cheated.

Blatt4Life
Mar 25, 2004, 03:14 PM
Heh no doubt about that.

GUN
Mar 26, 2004, 10:18 AM
Well, as I said its gonna be a long time before I have to tackle that particular quandry anyway - thanks for the opinions tho - LG 2004 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

3v1L19
Mar 26, 2004, 12:15 PM
Hey gunmar I know one way that your chances of being called a fake will decrease anyway. I know from playing back with DarkLink and Samus and CAST and all them that they were never called AR users or anything for one reason. They were on alot people saw there lvls increase as they came from game to game, and they always had games like r00nz Raid or something that they would play in. People saw those games and said like "well Darklink is at it again with a new char." Or "Ass4Sale is so lifeless but he owns."

Jason
Mar 26, 2004, 02:59 PM
Back then on the Dreamcast versions, I was a Lv 100 character of version one (that's the maximum of that classic version). Just about when version two came, in the lobby I was that version one character and there was a version two character who was thinking I'm not legit. I told that player I am legit then that player asked me how much experience points I have, to be sure. When I answered, that player just laughed playfully and said he/she have 15 million (that's a lot compare to level 100). Grr, lol. I remember one time when I saw one HUnewearl of version one who was level 1. When he/she got a level up, that player got to level 100 lol (yes, from the cheat device).

When I got version two, I converted that version one character. I got him to only level 124 so I've never reached level 200 (or 15 million points lol).

Now I have Ep I & II, my main character of that version is now level 144+.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-03-26 12:04 ]</font>

Cyger
Mar 27, 2004, 07:40 PM
As always there is one way for finding a cheating noob. they are all powerful, but while playing the game, they use the skills of a peep. Plus, if that person went that far, they probably are using the most powerful weapons, which at that level, is useless. In my standards, once I get to a level that can't be budged in the entire game, I resort to finding a cool looking weapon to my pleasure. If I like the way sabers look, I'll use a friggin saber, but I'd probably be more prone to lightning design items. ( i have happily obtained a Partisan of Lightning after many runs through Ultimate Spaceship ^_^ which I am currently using)

Sheldama
Mar 28, 2004, 03:00 AM
I have only been playing this game a couple months. and I got a level 99 Hucast and an assortment of low level characters. I enjoy every pounding I get. If someone wants to cheat thier way to level 200, go ahead. More Prancing around and bragging for them. More fun for me. Thats what i say at least. I would rather do Fos runs for three hours to get a God/Battle than hit a button and get 4. If your level 200 more power too yah. When i get there, goin strait God Hand... if i get one (0_o)

philip
Mar 29, 2004, 01:45 AM
Well only the legits are like "Got to Lv 200 by cheating?" and the "cheaters" "Hum...cool...Lv 200..."

So well just play and people will see you are legit and when you reach Lv 200! Grats and Good job. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blitzkommando
Mar 29, 2004, 01:58 AM
Like others stated before. Who gives what someone else thinks? I lost caring about that long ago. Though over a different thing albeit.

Orange_kid
Mar 29, 2004, 01:48 PM
Well, I usually don't care what others think... but everytime I go into a "legit only" room with a psycho wand, people automatically think I cheated to get it! Then I have to undergo relentless name-calling until I get to Vol Opts ult version, and get my ass beat. lol, I guess a FOmar should stick to his Sorcorers cane anyways...

Cyger
Mar 29, 2004, 02:48 PM
That's just retarded, there are many rares that are harder to find than psycho...and in my case, Delsaber's Left Arm buuuuut I've just recently found it. Now on to Evil Curst, Bringer's Arm, and Sorcerer's Arm!....-never provoke a bulk-

Big-Enki
Apr 12, 2004, 01:17 AM
Well I would only claim cheat if I have seen them in a room named boxing or if I have seen them in the past month and they were just lvl 120 or something to that nature. And on that note join me in my campaign to rid PSOX ship Celestite of Box tricking, make a short cut that says (Just say no to box trick'n on Celestite). I know some of you will say just stop box tricking...well I can't get them to do that but maybe they will leave my ship.

trypticon
Apr 12, 2004, 02:20 AM
I think it's pretty safe to say that people will eye a level 200 with suspicion if they don't see them online much. That doesn't necessarily mean they automatically assume that person is a cheater. On the gamecube version, there are more and more people using that AR code to get up there though, which leaves some of the legit level 200s out in the cold when it comes to open free gaming.

SJ
Apr 12, 2004, 05:24 AM
Every time someone joins a room i let them do the first kill and i never join a room with all lv200s...unless i know them.
Why?
Simply because before my HUcast got corrupt, i was in a trading game a i just finished a trade and the guy ran off to do some forest.
Then another guy came in, showed me his items which were obvious hacks and left.
Just before the hacker left i read a 'OMFG!!!!! no......' the hacker said lol and went.
I then relaised that the hacker came in with ar or something active.
Ya know 1 hit lv200?
So I do agree with Gun guy cos when i see people like Kef, Uncle Bob or coolest mum online they're round lv190 and you think damn they're good,but if you see someone you dont know with an lv200 you think what a jackass get a life cheating scum.
Right i'm off to finish caves,
SJ

ABDUR101
Apr 12, 2004, 07:40 AM
Funny enough, when Vers 1 was out and there were a lot of lvl 100 people who used Gameshark to get to that lvl, a lot of lvl 100's were ass players, theives, and more or less would ruin the game for whoever joined in.

It was to the point that I ended up playing with afew idiots who were lvl 100 and did'nt even know where the friggen portal was to get to where everyone else is(piping). Seriously, thats sad.

Yeah, back in the day when you could be PK'd, have your weapon and meseta drop, you NEVER used ANY of your best stuff online unless you were in locked games with very close friends, and even then it seemed like people were able to enter un-announced.

I remember being lvl 97 and talking to a friend about how I really did'nt want to be lvl 100 since there was so much distrust for them at the time.

Good times!

But then I haven't played the Episode I & II in a long time, and haven't met any lvl 200's, so not sure how it goes anymore, other than it's not as bad as it used to be for sure.

MagnumOpus
Apr 13, 2004, 09:33 AM
I have had PSO Gamecube Ep 1 and 2 for a year and a half now....I don't go online as much anymore, not like back when I first got it, I was online several times a week for hours and hours on end. My main character is a HUmar named Wes C. Attle. He is level 196, and at the rate that I play PSO now, he will be 200 by the end of the year. Everyone that I use to play PSO with back in the day, are all gone, retired, moved on, etc, etc. So now, nobody knows who I am....who cares what they think of me when I hit 200, the great reward will be when and if some old buds, like GENTLE, man I miss him, return, and our separate glances meet again, hey your 200....wooohoooo....

PurplePower1
Apr 13, 2004, 11:41 AM
people like to assume this because of the whole duping cheat. they think that if you got that high you had to have tried the cheat at least once, making you not legit.

Para
Apr 13, 2004, 12:06 PM
Err bump of old topic from a few weeks ago...

Siris
Apr 13, 2004, 04:32 PM
On 2004-03-28 22:45, philip wrote:
Well only the legits are like "Got to Lv 200 by cheating?" and the "cheaters" "Hum...cool...Lv 200..."

So well just play and people will see you are legit and when you reach Lv 200! Grats and Good job. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lol who are these "legits" you are talking about? Personally, I've never asked a lvl 200 char how they got there. It actually becomes obvious by either looking at their name or by playing a simple game with them.

DurakkenX
Apr 14, 2004, 05:27 AM
I'm lv 155 with one char like 4 chars lved between 50 and 60. I've been able to play the game 2..2 and half months...500+ hours...i have no life, but i will will have a level 200 char! and all items...

it's not a big deal to me so when i see a lv 200 i'm just like "wow...your good...not really" i mean seriously it doesn't impress me at all that people reach lv 200, back on DC i had nearly max out EXP which is if i remember way over the 83mill for lv 200

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2004-04-14 03:43 ]</font>