PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Mags, What exactly do I do with one?

Muzzaro
Mar 24, 2004, 09:12 PM
Ok I've tried reading the guides, downloaded a mag farm program, but all I see is, that you need to feed it potions for it to grow 'big and strong'.

Why do I want it growing big and strong? Barring it's photon blast (my hunter girl has the swirly dragon one), I can't see much use in it, barring sapping all my potions.

I've been feeding it alsorts to see what happens. I read the guides and they say "oh feed it X potion or Y potion, as that's best" but are these guides the be-all and end all, or can I just carry on feeding it anything I want?

Also, if I do mess up with feeding, can I get hold of more mags?

Ketchup345
Mar 24, 2004, 09:17 PM
You always get a new Mag from creating a new character (useful for choosing color), or by doing Mines runs enough.

Mags do not only do Photon Blasts, they add to your stats.

For every point in:
DEF: You get 1 DFP
POW: You get 2 ATP
DEX: You get 0.5 ATA
MIND: You get 2 MST

They are very useful for making your character more powerful and able to handle areas more easily.

Muzzaro
Mar 24, 2004, 09:19 PM
On 2004-03-24 18:17, Ketchup345 wrote:

For every point in:
DEF: You get 1 DFP
POW: You get 2 ATP
DEX: You get 0.5 ATA
MIND: You get 2 MST

They are very useful for making your character more powerful and able to handle areas more easily.

So, if I need to hit more, I pump it's dex? So I imagine a good hunter mag would be, def/pow/dex, def to make sure I don't get hit, power to add more damage, and dex for hitting.

This game is so complex!

Hooga
Mar 24, 2004, 09:22 PM
Isn't it 1/3 ATA for each point of DEX? I'm pretty sure my 90 DEX garuda only pumps my ATA by 30. Then again, I might be wrong. I've only had the game for a month.

Defense will decrease the damage done to you. Your evasion determines whether or not you get hit. Mags can't increase evasion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trouble_fish on 2004-03-24 18:23 ]</font>

Muzzaro
Mar 24, 2004, 09:24 PM
Ahh ok.

Either way, it means my current mag is kinda skrewed, and I need to find another one.

I like the one on my ranger character, it's split into two, and makes her look like she has wings.

Hrith
Mar 24, 2004, 09:26 PM
a Hunter does no really needs DEF(DFP), I'd rather make a mag with those stats, more or less : 5/125/70/0.

PSO is not that complex to play, don't worry you'll get the knack of it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hooga
Mar 24, 2004, 09:27 PM
New mags can be found in boxes (especially in mines), even in normal difficulty, or they can be "taken" off one of your other characters (create a new character, steal the MAG in offline multiplayer, recreate character, repeat).

Xero_Silvera
Mar 24, 2004, 09:28 PM
Basically, if you keep feeding it different things and your mag doesnt become specialized in one or two areas, it wont give as big of bonuses. Keep in mind your mag evolves at levels 10, 35 and 50. If your character is a HUcaseal (which has high ATA anyways) you might want to put some power into your mag. Defense isn't really neccessary on a mag and Mind isn't either, scince you are a hunter. If you are a HUcast (you have high attack power) you might want to add some Dex into your mag's diet. Basically, its up to you, but a specialized mag will help your gameplay alot.
Yes you can get more mags.
-xero
PS: The maximum level a mag will grow to is 200, keep this in mind. You dont have unlimited stat boosts from this thing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cc08
Mar 24, 2004, 10:09 PM
DEF is not really needed, except for casting forces IMO... The mag on my hunter is (5/145/50/0) and it really helps me out alot, although I usually could use some more ATA so you might want to go something like (5/135/60/0) Good Luck, Mag Farming takes alot of patience, but if you take your time and feed it the right things, you will end up with a great mag...