PDA

View Full Version : My HL issue fixed

Arislan
Mar 25, 2004, 05:59 AM
I'd like to note that I am a complete and utter moron, despite what others may have stated about my intelligence.

Thanks to Episode 3's little HL/Serial number viewing thing, I was able to figure out the reason my HL wasn't getting renewed.

So, on the 15th, my HL ran out. No big deal, can simply buy another one. So I went on and did so.

Almost a week later, the charge gets reversed, no HL renewal. Not sure why, so I sent a mail off to ST/ISAO about it. At the same time, I tried again with a different CC.

So, earlier today, I started getting fed up, still no answer from ST (I didn't think my Japanese was THAT bad), and the charge on the second credit card, at this very moment, is still pending. So I decided to suck it up, use my other Key from Ep 1 and 2, and restart all my characters on both games to get back online.

So then I remember there's an option to view your Serial and access key. So I said, "hey, maybe it'll let me change it too, and I can still keep at least my Ep 3 chars". So I look there and alarm bells go off in my head... The HL listed looks different than the numbers I entered twice for renewal. A frenzied retry with these new numbers and 5 minutes later, and my HL is renewed. Turns out I used my ep 1 and 2 serial for my HL usage when I started, not Ep 3.

So, I'm back online, can trade again, do the download quests for data, all that stuff.

Orange_kid
Mar 25, 2004, 12:44 PM
So it let you change your serial number without deleting your characters?

Blatt4Life
Mar 25, 2004, 03:06 PM
Glad to hear that everything worked out in the end http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Link00seven
Mar 25, 2004, 04:47 PM
Good to know you got everything solved.