PDA

View Full Version : Arkz Story: Dark Shadow (vs. Saligun)

Webapprentice
Mar 25, 2004, 11:00 AM
Any deck tips on playing this mission?

Her low-cost halfguard is a big problem. Once she deploys her red sabers, I'm pretty much dead.

Stricker
Mar 25, 2004, 11:06 AM
then try using high cost cards. Then should work

Alisha
Mar 25, 2004, 03:05 PM
huh are you talking about her halfguard deck? its really not that difficult but it does give you a renewed hate of divinity barriers >.> id try to give you advice thats difficult for me to do since not everyone has been as lucky with cards as i have

Kupi
Mar 25, 2004, 05:31 PM
I forget; do you have Reiz by that point? If so, you can try the (admittedly risky) strategy of attempting to deploy a Guard Creature of some capacity, a secondary attack monster, and Reiz. With some decent attack action cards like, say, Split Boost or Mighty Knuckle, you can use the attack monster to trick her into playing whatever defense card she wants to on the first attack (CPUs always defend at the first opportunity and never defend twice), then wallop her straight to her HP with Reiz. Saligun only has low-cost Halfguard on her actual HP, so she can't cut the damage Reiz does.

...note that this strategy is entirely untested. And I reiterate that I don't even know if you can use Reiz for that quest.

Webapprentice
Mar 25, 2004, 06:14 PM
On 2004-03-25 08:06, Stricker wrote:
then try using high cost cards. Then should work

It won't work if my dice rolls are bad. I tried 4-point or higher cards, but I get hosed by the dice roll more often than not, even with Dice +1.

On 2004-03-25 14:31, Kupi wrote:
I forget; do you have Reiz by that point? If so, you can try the (admittedly risky) strategy of attempting to deploy a Guard Creature of some capacity, a secondary attack monster, and Reiz. With some decent attack action cards like, say, Split Boost or Mighty Knuckle, you can use the attack monster to trick her into playing whatever defense card she wants to on the first attack (CPUs always defend at the first opportunity and never defend twice), then wallop her straight to her HP with Reiz. Saligun only has low-cost Halfguard on her actual HP, so she can't cut the damage Reiz does.

...note that this strategy is entirely untested. And I reiterate that I don't even know if you can use Reiz for that quest.

I'll have to check if I can use Reiz. Her pierce ability would be useful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Webapprentice on 2004-03-25 15:15 ]</font>

Webapprentice
Mar 26, 2004, 10:46 AM
I got past this mission using Reiz, a lot of fodder cards, bad dice rolls for the COM, and drawing fire.