PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best ID for a hunter?

DHammeR
Mar 25, 2004, 05:16 PM
im planning on making a hunter in awhile. whats the best section ID to be? (i already have a redria and oran so i dont want either of those)

Zeroy
Mar 25, 2004, 05:18 PM
skyly then. lots of swords, chain sawd TJ-Sword, easiest Twin Brand. i have a lvl 89 Skyly HUmar, he's great.

Kuea
Mar 25, 2004, 08:05 PM
actually skyly gets the Sealed-J-sword.
you have to unseal it first.

DHammeR
Mar 25, 2004, 08:36 PM
skyly sounds good but im prolly gonnna make a HUcaseal so im prolly gonna want daggers right? well, what do u suggest ;[ im not much of a Hunter maker

TheAlmightyNewbie
Mar 25, 2004, 08:43 PM
Redria.

DHammeR
Mar 25, 2004, 08:51 PM
On 2004-03-25 17:43, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
Redria.

i said i already had a redria/oran and dont wanna make another 1 ;[

Para
Mar 25, 2004, 09:11 PM
Redria or Skyly is recommended IMO.
Redria a well rounded ID with some good rares and Skyly a sword ID which also helps but also has good rares like Redria.

and just incase..

Cheat Codes and Methods
Do not post any exploits or methods or parts thereof. Do not post links to cheat codes or sites containing them or post cheat codes. Do not ask for cheat codes. Do not post cheat codes or even attempt to describe it. Do not ask for cheat methods. Do not pm members asking or sharing cheat methods or codes. Do not ask for members to dupe for you. Doing so will result in an instant ban. We have a 0 tolerance level for these activities.

Ketchup345
Mar 25, 2004, 09:14 PM
If you already have Redria and Oran, the only other HUnter IDs are:
Skyly- Good finds, but in a few select areas only (but they are VERY GOOD areas). Many useful swords.
Yellowboze- All around ID, useful for anyone.
Whitill- Slicers and Mechguns are common, both are useful for HUnters.
Purplenum- A good ID for everyone, almost a "required" ID, especially if you have any RAngers. Finds an insane amount of Mechguns and a few Daggers.

Kuea
Mar 25, 2004, 09:15 PM
On 2004-03-25 18:11, Nites wrote:
Redria a well rounded ID with some good rares and Skyly a sword ID which also helps but also has good rares like Redria.

and just incase..

Cheat Codes and Methods
Do not post any exploits or methods or parts thereof. Do not post links to cheat codes or sites containing them or post cheat codes. Do not ask for cheat codes. Do not post cheat codes or even attempt to describe it. Do not ask for cheat methods. Do not pm members asking or sharing cheat methods or codes. Do not ask for members to dupe for you. Doing so will result in an instant ban. We have a 0 tolerance level for these activities.

do you have that copyied so you just have to paste it?
make it your sig.
lol

Para
Mar 25, 2004, 09:18 PM
On 2004-03-25 18:15, Gajeh wrote:

On 2004-03-25 18:11, Nites wrote:

and just incase..

Cheat Codes and Methods

do you have that copyied so you just have to paste it?
make it your sig.
lol

Lol yes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I should really make a thread about it in FKL hehe.

Back on topic, you might want to check out the rare drops for each ID though. There might be weapons that you want from that ID. i recently startded a new skyly HUnewearl on my cousin's GC (which also looks like sil'fer XD) because im hoping for a demolition comet.

Ketchup345
Mar 25, 2004, 09:20 PM
On 2004-03-25 18:18, Nites wrote:
Back on topic, you might want to check out the rare drops for each ID though. There might be weapons that you want from that ID. i recently startded a new skyly HUnewearl on my cousin's GC (which also looks like sil'fer XD) because im hoping for a demolition comet.

It is easier to get a Demo Comet from Redria, since Mils are easier to pie and make appear than Slimes.

But otherwise it is a great ID for HUnters (besides the Lavis Cannon drop).

DHammeR
Mar 25, 2004, 09:22 PM
i was thinkin viridia but i guess ill go with skyly, my friend has a purplenum and has about 10 h&s justice's http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

anything i dont find i'll go for on my other chars

Para
Mar 25, 2004, 09:24 PM
Demolition Comet drops from Mil Lilies for Redria?? I must've missed that. *goes off to check for it*

Kuea
Mar 25, 2004, 09:30 PM
On 2004-03-25 18:24, Nites wrote:
Demolition Comet drops from Mil Lilies for Redria?? I must've missed that. *goes off to check for it*

Yippers thats were I got all of my Demo comets.

Para
Mar 25, 2004, 09:32 PM
Curses... I see... also unfortunately for me... I see Mil Lilies a whole lot often. And slime... they haven't shown up for me yet.

tingler
Mar 31, 2004, 11:10 AM
best hunter ID i guess is skyly. that's why i started over. my 81 oran hunter didn't fun anything exciting. my 61 bluefull hunter got me bored. so skyly's the way to go... hopefully

Cryo_
Apr 12, 2004, 03:46 PM
I also wanna make a new char, I have a redria/skyly/bluefull, what should I take? Viridia?(no clue at all).
I dont use rangers (if this could help)

Ketchup345
Apr 12, 2004, 04:04 PM
On 2004-04-12 13:46, Cryo_ wrote:
I also wanna make a new char, I have a redria/skyly/bluefull, what should I take? Viridia?(no clue at all).
I dont use rangers (if this could help)

Whitill would be good. Or Purplenum.

Both find mechguns often (everyone uses them). Also, Whitill finds many Slicers, some are great against bosses.

I sugest against Viridia, since that finds the most Shots (useless to you). Viridia does find every Katana though (if you like those).

Xero_Silvera
Apr 12, 2004, 04:22 PM
yes! another skyly! w00h00!
skyly are definately my favorite sect id, always has been, always will be.
-xero

Fredrick
Apr 12, 2004, 04:33 PM
I think over all purple is the best, but for a hunter ya I would go with skyly too...

doubletake123
Apr 12, 2004, 04:57 PM
skyly=swords
viridia=partisans and shots

doubletake123
Apr 12, 2004, 04:58 PM
On 2004-04-12 14:22, Xero_Silvera wrote:
yes! another skyly! w00h00!
skyly are definately my favorite sect id, always has been, always will be.
-xero

me and you both man.

Eclypse
Apr 12, 2004, 05:55 PM
I would say it depends on how you like to play and what kind of weapons you like using. Myself personally I always make my HUnewearls with the Bluefull and Purplenum id's because I think they yield the most useful rares for my play type.

Cryo_
Apr 12, 2004, 06:33 PM
thx, im gonna go for purplenum i think --> psycho wand http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eclypse
Apr 12, 2004, 08:46 PM
I think you will enjoy the Purplenum id especially if you like using mechs and various swords and sabers. One you hit VH you will be able to get L&K 14 COMBAT on damn near every level from C2 onward. You can also get LAVIS CANNON from the Tollaw on ULT. I've gotten DEMO COMET's, LAVIS CaNNON's(2 in 1 day), METEOR CUDGELS, etc. I think BLUEFULL is second to that followed but Redria or Oran.

Cheep
Apr 12, 2004, 11:38 PM
On 2004-03-25 18:14, Ketchup345 wrote:
Skyly- Good finds, but in a few select areas only (but they are VERY GOOD areas). Many useful swords.
Purplenum- A good ID for everyone, almost a "required" ID, especially if you have any RAngers. Finds an insane amount of Mechguns and a few Daggers.

How can purpelnum be a "required" id,you should have at least one of each id... Anyway,I hear skyly is good. I haven't got my to ult yet so I can't tell you for sure. I can tell you from eexperiance my sibling and my ids (redria,pinkla,and greenil) are not good for hunters. But some will tell you other wise,so go with what you like.

goku4ever
Apr 13, 2004, 11:08 AM
SKYLY!!!!! for the rare sealed J sword!! i started over again so i could get it. I started a couple of days ago infact

Eclypse
Apr 13, 2004, 11:12 AM
That's only if you like the SEALED J-SWORD. Overall the SEALED J is a terrible weapon but I think it looks cool so long as it isn't the TSUMIKIRI.

PurplePower1
Apr 13, 2004, 12:00 PM
skyly of course, more rare sword type weapons.

lain2k3
Apr 13, 2004, 03:15 PM
On 2004-04-12 21:38, Cheep wrote:

How can purpelnum be a "required" id,you should have at least one of each id... Anyway,I hear skyly is good. I haven't got my to ult yet so I can't tell you for sure. I can tell you from eexperiance my sibling and my ids (redria,pinkla,and greenil) are not good for hunters. But some will tell you other wise,so go with what you like.

Purplenum is a "requiered" ID if you have rangers because it finds everything you could ever need for a ranger. Spread needle, frozen shooter, Yasminkov 9000, god/arm, red mechguns, ruby bullet, spirit garment, yasminkov 2000, attribute wall, god/ability, and tripolic shield.

The only thing missing would be god/battle and maybe magic stone iritista, making redria another "requiered" ID.

Whitill and skyly are decent for their wide array of weapons, but they do lack in armor and units.

Hrith
Apr 13, 2004, 03:31 PM
Whitill has the easiest Cure/Freeze, Whitill exclusive items make it worthwhile on their own. Whitill has very easy Spirit Garment and Stink Frame and Electro Frame, and is therefore not lacking in armours, even though found armours are better, made are still good, and there is no "found" Vajulla or Love Heart. And lastly, Whitill is good for any class. If for not for that God/battle, Whitill would be undeniably on top of all IDs, IMO, of course.

Yas 9k are fine, very usefull, true, but not mandatory, same for Spread Needle, it is a very good weapon, but S-Rank Shot owns it for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-04-13 13:34 ]</font>

Eclypse
Apr 13, 2004, 04:53 PM
I think it all comes down to your play style, the reason Kef said it would be required is because for a RA character Greenill and Purplenum find every spectrum of ranged weapon in the game just about. I think for someone like me that plays HUnewearls all the time, Bluefull and Purplenum are the best suited id's because of the variety of mechs, swords, units, sabers, etc.

Hrith
Apr 13, 2004, 04:58 PM
On 2004-04-13 14:53, Eclypse wrote:
I think it all comes down to your play style, the reason Kef said it would be required is because for a RA character Greenill and Purplenum find every spectrum of ranged weapon in the game just about. I think for someone like me that plays HUnewearls all the time, Bluefull and Purplenum are the best suited id's because of the variety of mechs, swords, units, sabers, etc.
WTF ? o_O
Lain said it was required, not me.
And you say you play HUnewearls al the time and have a HUcaseal in your sig >_<
me is lost >_<

Cheep
Apr 13, 2004, 05:54 PM
On 2004-04-13 13:15, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2004-04-12 21:38, Cheep wrote:

Purplenum is a "requiered" ID if you have rangers because it finds everything you could ever need for a ranger. Spread needle, frozen shooter, Yasminkov 9000, god/arm, red mechguns, ruby bullet, spirit garment, yasminkov 2000, attribute wall, god/ability, and tripolic shield.

The only thing missing would be god/battle and maybe magic stone iritista, making redria another "requiered" ID.

Whitill and skyly are decent for their wide array of weapons, but they do lack in armor and units.

Dude if you want awide array you need all the section ids. There is no "required" id. You can play the game with whatever you want. I went to ult from a just,as of now I don't have a purplenum and I'm doing fine. I think my sisters greenil can find good guns too. I'm happy with just a guld milla,which is only found on whittil(one handgun is found on greenil). My brothers redria has not found a single good thing other than a lavis cannon. And shut up about piping!!!! Its stupid!!There is still norequired id. It what you want. Why can't you people just pick a name like your supposed to and go with it? The game was not made for you to put on your computer and lookat its codes! You're missing the point!!! Alot of your "intelligent and respected members" have close'minded,bias,partisan, and generaly stupid opinoins and advice.(Iknow it redundant) Why can't we just play the game the way its meant to be play...? I know I'm only 12,but I feel I understand and appreatiate things better then the world sometimes...No I'm talking about the bigger picture not a game...

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 13, 2004, 06:05 PM
Those are big words.......

for a lil girl LoL Jk

Ketchup345
Apr 13, 2004, 06:17 PM
On 2004-04-13 15:54, Cheep wrote:
Dude if you want awide array you need all the section ids. There is no "required" id. You can play the game with whatever you want. I went to ult from a just,as of now I don't have a purplenum and I'm doing fine. I think my sisters greenil can find good guns too. I'm happy with just a guld milla,which is only found on whittil(one handgun is found on greenil). My brothers redria has not found a single good thing other than a lavis cannon. And shut up about piping!!!! Its stupid!!There is still norequired id. It what you want. Why can't you people just pick a name like your supposed to and go with it? The game was not made for you to put on your computer and lookat its codes! You're missing the point!!! Alot of your "intelligent and respected members" have close'minded,bias,partisan, and generaly stupid opinoins and advice.(Iknow it redundant) Why can't we just play the game the way its meant to be play...? I know I'm only 12,but I feel I understand and appreatiate things better then the world sometimes...No I'm talking about the bigger picture not a game...

YUou can find a large array of items with only a few select IDs (many IDs have a secondary type of weapon). You don't need every ID.

Your brother obviously has bad luck, since I enjoy having my Redria RAmarl, it has been very nice to me.

What's wrong with piping? I don't find it boring, and it lets you get items faster than normal runs.

True, there is no "required ID", but some have such good drops that they are hard to get by without, or trade for items from that ID.
Who says you were supposed to just pick a random name you liked and use it? A major part has to do with what type of items you like, since many IDs don't find at least one type of weapon. Also, in the DC days, I am fairly sure that you couldn't do offline Multiplayer, so you had to either go online, or really love your selected ID to get items that you may have wanted.

Not all of us are closed minded. I just think that there are some IDs that can easily be avoided (Pinkal finds all the barriers, ?whoopie?). And ever hear the phrase: "Great minds think alike"? (and I didn't know that I was even relatively respected around here).

That's just how you feel, feelings aren't always correct. I think it was 70 something % of drivers felt they were better than everyone else on the road. Most of them are obviously lying. I know that I am not the smartest person around, but that almost everyone around me is a complete and utter moron that doesn't know a ------- thing; but I know that to some of the others, I am one of those complete idiots.

Siris
Apr 13, 2004, 06:19 PM
On 2004-03-25 14:16, DHammeR wrote:
im planning on making a hunter in awhile. whats the best section ID to be? (i already have a redria and oran so i dont want either of those)

Especially if you already have Redria and Oran than go SKYLY! If you're an android hunter you'll have the added luxury of being able to do the towers alone in the upper levels.

Hrith
Apr 13, 2004, 06:23 PM
Why can't you people just pick a name like your supposed to and go with it? The game was not made for you to put on your computer and look at its codes ! You're missing the point !!! Alot of your "intelligent and respected members" have close-minded, biassed, partisan, and generaly stupid opinions and advice.(I know it's redundant) Why can't we just play the game the way its meant to be play...?
Because there is not one way to enjoy a game, or anything else for that matter. What you are saying only applies to yourself, it's subjective.
Also, there is no such thing as a "meant to be" way of playing a game, that's what makes video-games so interesting.
So no one here is "missing the point", we just play as we like, and enjoy it.
If you cannot deal with diverging opinions, I suggest you live as a hermit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I know I'm only 12, but I feel I understand and appreatiate things better then the world sometimes...No I'm talking about the bigger picture not a game...
I think I clearly proved that you don't, hope you've learned your lesson.

Cheep
Apr 13, 2004, 06:32 PM
great minds think alike, ketchup,but you're missing the key ending fools seldom differ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Variety is the spice of life. To get true variety you do need every section i.d.,to get every item. Do YOU read the guides? You know you also have to be tollerant of illiteracy,but intollerant of ignorance Do remember these things.

BTW haven't you noticed the many people with their heads up your bum wearing you like ahat to cover the fact they are not an individual.

Ketchup345
Apr 13, 2004, 06:36 PM
On 2004-04-13 16:32, Cheep wrote:
great minds think alike, ketchup,but you're missing the key ending fools seldom differ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Variety is the spice of life. To get true variety you do need every section i.d.,to get every item. Do YOU read the guides? You know you also have to be tollerant of illiteracy,but intollerant of ignorance Do remember these things.

BTW haven't you noticed the many people with their heads up your bum wearing you like ahat to cover the fact they are not an individual.

Not all ID specific items are useful. Also, you can get variety by having a few IDs (since for variety you only need one of every type of weapon).

I know some IDs have specific items, but still, some don't have many good ones.

Tolerant of ignorance... o_O O_o
I am not too tolerant of illiteracy, especially it is easy to get an education these days (free public schools, adult ed, ESL, etc).

Cheep
Apr 13, 2004, 06:46 PM
On 2004-04-13 16:36, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-04-13 16:32, Cheep wrote:

Not all ID specific items are useful. Also, you can get variety by having a few IDs (since for variety you only need one of every type of weapon).

I know some IDs have specific items, but still, some don't have many good ones.

Tolerant of ignorance... o_O O_o
I am not too tolerant of illiteracy, especially it is easy to get an education these days (free public schools, adult ed, ESL, etc).

The second saying means that you must be understanding of those who were never given chance to learn but intollerant of those who are given aneducatation but are still ignorant or in otherwards do not take advantage of this chance,which in places is not easily gotten. Look at the world around you,and try to understand. You are the latter of the saying. You see what mean about understanding?
True varitey is obtained with the aquisition of every item,thats all.

Ketchup345
Apr 13, 2004, 07:08 PM
On 2004-04-13 16:46, Cheep wrote:
The second saying means that you must be understanding of those who were never given chance to learn but intollerant of those who are given aneducatation but are still ignorant or in otherwards do not take advantage of this chance,which in places is not easily gotten. Look at the world around you,and try to understand. You are the latter of the saying. You see what mean about understanding?
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
I don't understand. I know I have a limited viewpoint, but it seems that you have a much narrower viewpoint (you look at quantity of rare items over quality. SW:I (as long as you already have one) < Lavis Cannon).

True varitey is obtained with the aquisition of every item,thats all.
Not to everyone. Some people just want access to a few of each item.

But I digress.

So either Whitill, Skyly, or Purplenum for the new ID.

Cheep
Apr 13, 2004, 07:34 PM
The saying was not refering to the game. It was somewhat of a metaphor for the game,but I was mostly reflecting upon you and many others as a person. The world is more than a game that is your close mindedness in part. We must take the things we see in other parts of life in accord even when doing simple things such as gaming,however.
True is the keyword in the sentence. Some may settle for less,but having even the most various and odd thing gives you variety. Bottomline pick what you like,don't let others rule your life,how you play a game shows what kind of person you really are wheather you realize it or not. Make your own decisecions and be free within yourself

Ketchup345
Apr 13, 2004, 07:53 PM
On 2004-04-13 17:34, Cheep wrote:
The world is more than a game that is your close mindedness in part. We must take the things we see in other parts of life in accord even when doing simple things such as gaming,however.

Bottomline pick what you like,don't let others rule your life,how you play a game shows what kind of person you really are wheather you realize it or not. Make your own decisecions and be free within yourself

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
I'm not 100% sure on that 1st sentance. I know this (the 2nd sentance), and realize that sometimes a person's luck has an influence on their perception. Sometimes people have to look at other viewpoints (some may be hard). I try to do this, and understand some points, but not all of them. Have you tried seeing our viewpoints? Also, listen to our arguments, and not just your own (brother's) findings. We listen to findings of others, and know the drop charts, and we know what we like about each thing. We do listen, but in order to change our mind, you have to have a REALLY strong case, which we haven't seen yet. (We = the so called "respected" members of PSOW as you said, I didn't know PSOW had respect for anyone but mods, but hey, what do I know?).

Have you actually comparing those 3 IDs (Redria, Whitill, and Purplenum) to many of the others? Those 3 IDs cover most of the weapon types, and contain some relaively easy or insanely good drops (if nothing else, Redria is required for anyone with anything other than a pure tech FOrce just for the God/Battle, and possibly the Magic Stone: Iritista).

And I realize that this is a game, and you should make your own decisions. But when you ask for opinions, you should be ready to hear conflicting ones, and arguments for both sides.

But I digress (yet again...).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-04-13 17:55 ]</font>

MagnumOpus
Apr 14, 2004, 08:09 AM
Redria

the weapons you can find in caves:
democomet, red sword, red slicer, lavis cannon

My main character, Wes C. Attle, is a HUmar, redria ID, I love him...but then again, you already have a REDRIA ID, oh well, then go with a skyly or purplenum, very good overall
CHEERS!

Ketchup345
Apr 14, 2004, 01:31 PM
Nevermind, you alrewady said it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-04-14 13:26 ]</font>

DEMMON
Apr 14, 2004, 02:24 PM
I would recommend Bluefull, i dont know but I like the partisan type because its ATA, higher than the swords and faster, but less power, you can get the Red Partisan by piping and get the Partisan of Lightning I think its cool.