PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Science Theater 3000

hopesfall27
Mar 26, 2004, 02:29 AM
Anyone familiar with this show?

_Ted_
Mar 26, 2004, 02:31 AM
Yah, great show. I used to watch it, but then I either lost intrest or lost track of when it was on. The movie was good too.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 26, 2004, 11:21 AM
Funniest. Show. Ever.

I haven't seen it in quite a while... I miss that show.

shifter
Mar 26, 2004, 11:25 AM
so do i. talk about an underrated show, ive never laughed so much at a single show in my life. i still dont get why the scifi channel pulled it from saturday. i got no idea if they still show it or not.

trypticon
Mar 26, 2004, 11:32 AM
This used to be my favorite show, back when it was on the Comedy Network. After Joel Hodgeson left it (great comedian, and magician. He has a line of magic props, if you can find them) and Mike Nelson was put up in space, I felt the show lost a lot of its appeal. Then when it went to the sci fi channel, and all that they were allowed to watch was old sci fi films, and TVs Frank left, along with Dr Forester himself, the show became something else completely. There was one episode though where Joel came back to the Satelite of Love to do some repairs, and TVs Frank came back from the dead to do something or other in Deep 13.

Good show, good times, terrible movies!

Zzzzzz
Mar 26, 2004, 12:09 PM
What is it with people going through the gates of hell to get smuckers raspberry perserve anyway?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

RavenTW
Mar 26, 2004, 12:31 PM
Puma Man...'s friend.

That show was so great. Me and my friends would go to sleep watching taped episodes 'till 3 in the morning.

KaFKa
Mar 26, 2004, 12:49 PM
On 2004-03-26 08:21, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Funniest. Show. Ever.

I haven't seen it in quite a while... I miss that show.

i agree, that show was great...

makes me wish i would have somehow gotten the money to order their collection of videotapes

The_Pea_Guy
Mar 26, 2004, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I used to watch when it was on the UK SCI-FI channel. Funny show. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cheep
Mar 26, 2004, 01:41 PM
The cheep is familiar with this show. She too does that kind of thing causing Sanji to wack me in the movie theater or on the couch.

HotWaterDeath
Mar 28, 2004, 09:09 PM
Hopesfall! Those dirty rotten, NC dwelling, no-good-niks. Whats making Charlotte produce all these new-wave, metal-core bands? Whats the deal with Hopesfall, Beloved, and Between the Buried and Me becoming all popular all of the sudden? Not to mention Codeseven getting a record deal with Equal Vision. My crazy state.

MST3K = One of the greatest shows..OF ALL TIME!

hopesfall27
Mar 31, 2004, 02:30 AM
HotWaterDeath: Agreed. I'm not very fond of hopesfall's new stuff. "No Wings to Speak of" is an excellent album, though.

Back on topic: Wow. That's so cool that so many people know about and appreciate the show. Am I crazy for purchasing the entire series? I quote Aram Fingal from episode 822 - "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank",

"Mom... My nuts..."

Noone
Apr 1, 2004, 04:37 PM
On 2004-03-26 09:31, RavenTW wrote:
Puma Man...'s friend.

That show was so great. Me and my friends would go to sleep watching taped episodes 'till 3 in the morning.

Ahh... that was the funniest shows with that one movie, the problem with the show for me was that i always started watching it in the middle of the movie so i didn't know what was going on, but it doesn't matter that much i guess.

Sanjifire
Apr 1, 2004, 07:10 PM
On 2004-03-26 10:41, Cheep wrote:
The cheep is familiar with this show. She too does that kind of thing causing Sanji to wack me in the movie theater or on the couch.

Well Cheep never really shuts-up. If she isn't intersted enough in a show, in come the comments and sound effects. I get my revenge by giving the people on her teams voices while she plays PSO.

shifter
Apr 1, 2004, 07:16 PM
On 2004-04-01 13:37, Noone wrote:
Ahh... that was the funniest shows with that one movie, the problem with the show for me was that i always started watching it in the middle of the movie so i didn't know what was going on, but it doesn't matter that much i guess.

ive caught few episodes from the begining and im still able to understand whats going on in each episode. lets see, pearl gives them movie, they watch movie, they make fun of movie, and they have some funny skits inbetween to make fun of the movie some more. i hope that helps.