PDA

View Full Version : Ult Mines... ouch.

Zeroy
Mar 27, 2004, 04:46 PM
anyone got suggestions for ult mines? those bots really hurt, even with Jellen >.<

rising_sunset
Mar 27, 2004, 04:57 PM
On 2004-03-27 13:46, Zeroy wrote:
anyone got suggestions for ult mines? those bots really hurt, even with Jellen >.<

No real good ones, for me I get bashed too. Try to get a handgun kind of weapon to try to avoid range. I tried mechgun and they don't seem to work that well because:

1) takes too long to recover for another attack.
2) too weak
3) misses a lot

Depends on what your character is. I think if you are a RA useing guns should overcome your enemies with ease.

Ketchup345
Mar 27, 2004, 05:03 PM
Reccommended equipment for Ultimate Mines:
1) Mechguns- by Ultimate, you should have enough ATP to use them very effiently (well, at least HUnters and RAngers).
2) Slicer- Not required, but helps a bit for HUnters and FOrces since they need a long range weapon that hits multiple enemies.
3) */Battle Unit- Very useful for anyone, especially when using mechs or shots.
4) Shifta/Deband/Dellen/Zalure- Use all if you can.
5) For HUnters- Sword or Partisan- You need a weapon that can hit multiple enemies, and the ability to dodge their attacks. (personally reccomend the Partisan family).
6) Best Defensive gear you can find.

Eihwaz
Mar 27, 2004, 05:56 PM
On 2004-03-27 14:03, Ketchup345 wrote:
Reccommended equipment for Ultimate Mines:
1) Mechguns- by Ultimate, you should have enough ATP to use them very effiently (well, at least HUnters and RAngers).

Very true. Try to find some with nice Hit%, even something like a Vulcan with lots of Hit is VERY powerful against Gilchichs. If it's something like an L&K14 Combat with Hit, you should do just fine.

2) Slicer- Not required, but helps a bit for HUnters and FOrces since they need a long range weapon that hits multiple enemies.

Very true. Slicers seem to be pretty useful against Gilchichs. An S-Rank Slicer with Zalure would own here. Again, aim for Hit. That kinda goes without saying, though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

3) */Battle Unit- Very useful for anyone, especially when using mechs or shots.

If the best */Battle unit is a General/Battle, I wouldn't bother. Not enough of a boost. You'd be better off with an */Arm or */HP unit. Devil/God/Battle should be used, naturally.

4) Shifta/Deband/Dellen/Zalure- Use all if you can.

If you're a droid, try getting a Mag that casts S/D or has M/Y as a PB.

5) For HUnters- Sword or Partisan- You need a weapon that can hit multiple enemies, and the ability to dodge their attacks. (personally reccomend the Partisan family).

Personally, I think that males are better off with Partisans, and females with Swords. Use the best you have. Rangers should use either a Partisan or Slicer. Shots are almost too slow...unless you have a Devil of God/Battle. Even then, you might be better off with a Partisan or Slicer. Spread Needle would be rather useful...duh. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

6) Best Defensive gear you can find.

If you're still using something non-rare, go poke around in Hard Mines. You should be able to find a nice Secret Gear.

Other stuff...

Deal with Sinows first. Sinow Blues are bad enough, but S-Reds have low level S/D, Resta...cast J/Z on them so you can see them when they're invisible. Freeze them if you can.

When you find a Canabin ring, be careful. Sometimes, you might try to kill the Canune (the red one), and all the kamikaze Canabins will surround you. If you get shocked and then they explode, you're likely to die.

At any rate, no Megid here (Thank God), but still carry a few scapes.

And please. No posting "Captain of the Obvious" pictures. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zeroy
Mar 27, 2004, 06:02 PM
im a Skyly HUmar, ive got a nice Dragon Slayer, but no mechs w/ hit, just some vulcans and a vise. i have no */battle units, that stinks. and my Redria HUney found a secret gear earlier today that i put on him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ive got a slicer of assassin too, no %'s though

RadHaz
Mar 28, 2004, 04:15 AM
Here's how I would try it:
First, use your trap vision. Mines is full of traps. Step into the room, and light off a trap vision, and retreat. Later, you'll have a good idea of which rooms are trap ridden.
Fight from the door. I know it sounds wimpy, but in mines, you ARE a wimp. Don't be afraid to retreat to the door. The strategy here is to wear them out.
Don't try to finish a full (norm/hard/hard) combo. Get good hits in on enemies that are close to you, and retreat. Of course, you will judge how close the enemies are, and how to use your atacks.
With weps that have low or no hit%, use the norm/hard attack. Special attack is nearly worthless until the wep has hit, for lower level chars.
Get your mag's level as high as you can get it. Boost your weak stats with the mags stats. Don't worry about having a mag that is not good later on. You will make several mags as you play this game, to help your evolving char.

On 2004-03-27 15:02, Zeroy wrote:
im a Skyly HUmar, ive got a nice Dragon Slayer, but no mechs w/ hit, just some vulcans and a vise. i have no */battle units, that stinks. and my Redria HUney found a secret gear earlier today that i put on him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ive got a slicer of assassin too, no %'s though

KingChaos
Mar 28, 2004, 07:07 AM
Frozen Shooter Or A Twin Saber Type

Dragon_Ash
Mar 28, 2004, 07:58 AM
well, seeing as your a humar, partisan and sword type weapons would help a lot here as most of the enmies are in groups, but if you don't have any good partisan's like red partisan or soul banish, skyly are able to get the red sword from govulmers in ultimate caves...i've found that to be very handy in the ult mines...

rising_sunset
Mar 28, 2004, 09:17 AM
On 2004-03-28 04:07, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:

Frozend shooter is ok but not a twin saber typed weapon. I am in Ult. mines now with my HUcaseal and I am getting BAGELED by the Gillchich and the Sinows. I mean the twin saber isn't fast enough to knock gillchich to the ground and barely have enough time to even attack a sinow.

Solstis
Mar 28, 2004, 11:26 AM
On 2004-03-28 06:17, carolsdegga wrote:

On 2004-03-28 04:07, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:

Frozend shooter is ok but not a twin saber typed weapon. I am in Ult. mines now with my HUcaseal and I am getting BAGELED by the Gillchich and the Sinows. I mean the twin saber isn't fast enough to knock gillchich to the ground and barely have enough time to even attack a sinow.

Yeah, a twin saber is most likely to get you smacked mid-combo, especially on Ulty.

rising_sunset
Mar 28, 2004, 11:33 AM
So like I said guns and techs are your best bets in mines. Try to avoid close range combat as less as possible, because chance that you will need to heal after one or two attacks from the enemy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

KingChaos
Mar 28, 2004, 11:40 AM
i think a snow queen would be better the frozen shooter

but i still find twin saber is very good especially BKB

rising_sunset
Mar 28, 2004, 11:43 AM
On 2004-03-28 08:40, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
i think a snow queen would be better the frozen shooter

but i still find twin saber is very good especially BKB

snow queen has no combos, so you got to get in good range if you use it and BKB won't work, you can take out first combo, and maybe second one. Somewhere around there you are going to get knocked to the ground http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I tried it with my MKB so BKB: so scenario!

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 30, 2004, 12:48 AM
My hunter can do it, but not well. It's just not a hunter level. Use lots of traps, or stay th f--- away. My Force, not melee mind you, whips ass. Lots of jellen, and Gifoie and rafioe. 2 Gi's and 3 Ra's kills the gills, 2 and 2 kills the Canabins. Plus i get Lavis from Sinow Reds, so I don't have to pipe. Until I get it.... My ranger is scared of De Ral Lie so she not quite there. You just have to stay long range, damn things don't flinch.

Cheep
Mar 30, 2004, 03:47 AM
Guld milla and a corner. Or if you're on a team frozen shooter, I guess it'd work alone too. You might want to wear either alot of power ups or defense ups. Your choice, I had to go to ult with a justy on cheep(she's come a long way) so I never tackled the mines.

edit:you're a humar! Avatar through me off! I have no idea for you >.> <.< >.> Sorry I'm sick now, its late at night, I have no idea what s going on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cheep on 2004-03-30 00:49 ]</font>

TheGoldenVoid
Mar 30, 2004, 06:53 AM
I suggest you wish you were a Force. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

This is a good example of what I meant by Forces being uber after level 60/70. My FOmar goes unarmed in Ultimate Mines and spams out super fast high level RaFoie. This blows the Gillchicks all over the place no problem.

KingChaos
Mar 30, 2004, 09:44 AM
get guld millas i a ra___

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 31, 2004, 12:01 AM
On 2004-03-30 03:53, TheGoldenVoid wrote:
My FOmar goes unarmed in Ultimate Mines and spams out super fast high level RaFoie.

You're a Fomar then? I have a Fomar and my friend, a Fonewearl. They both specialize in a certain sort of tech. They are practically the same in 3rd level spells, he does a little more because of more MST. But, fomars have supercharged 2nd levels, the Gi's, and the Fonewearl have huge basics. For example, with club of Laconium on Forest, the fonewearl's Foie does almost 800, while the mar does a little over 600. On the other hand, the Mar's Gifoie does over 500, while the newearl doe a little over 300. (Mar being lvl 121, newearl 124.) The point is, Try gifoie on mine, if the lvl is low, find higher, try to get used to the weird cast. It'll do a crap load more.

rising_sunset
Mar 31, 2004, 12:07 AM
On 2004-03-30 03:53, TheGoldenVoid wrote:
My FOmar goes unarmed in Ultimate Mines and spams out super fast high level RaFoie. This blows the Gillchicks all over the place no problem.

And also RAfoie? I don't know but I OWN my enemies when I use zonde class techs. Mainly gizonde! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 31, 2004, 12:16 AM
Gizonde pwnz mine, but were talking ult.

"Maybe they're still weak to lightning. *Gizonde* Wha?! 43 damage?!? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif "

rising_sunset
Mar 31, 2004, 12:27 AM

There is always grants and megid...

^.^

TheGoldenVoid
Mar 31, 2004, 07:52 AM
ViewtifulJoe: "The point is, Try gifoie on mine, if the lvl is low, find higher, try to get used to the weird cast. It'll do a crap load more."

Hmmm. Funnily enough my GiFoie is lev 29, but RaFoie is only 21 I think. I know there is a massive bonus for Gi-, but I'm not sure if you actually tried GiFoie on Ultimate Mines? Its casting speed (even when unarmed) is too slow for it to be practical on that level. The bots open fire the moment your recovery time starts, so you spend most of your time lying down. You will just get killed. Well I did anyway. With Ra-, I can reduce the entire group's ATP, then run round very close to them spamming (super fast) RaFoie. They will never fire at me doing this, and if they punch I can take it easily. Main point: I don't get knocked down, so I clear rooms faster. Note this is the only area where I use RaFoie in preference to GiFoie.

carolsdegga: "And also RAfoie? I don't know but I OWN my enemies when I use zonde class techs. Mainly gizonde!"

Not on Ultimate Mines you don't. GiZond is pretty much useless on Ultimate Mines. It does almost nothing to Gillchicks.

Saffran
Mar 31, 2004, 10:51 AM
Yup. On Ult, the magic resistance changes. Only Baranz are weak to Zonde. Canune and Red Sinows are weak to Barta, and the rest has to be taken down with Foie.
You can use Grantz on Gillchics and Dubchics, but if you get 4 or more ennemies at the same time you're better off using Gifoie or Rafoie.

Nai_Calus
Mar 31, 2004, 11:21 AM
My HUmar made it through largely with a 50% Hit Master's Gatling. He used a Stag Cutlery to take down Vol Opt. It's not hard, just tedious, if you don't have the right equipment.

I recommend a RAmarl and an S-rank Needle with Zalure, myself, but since you're a HU... w. Partisan should be good. *shrug* Watch out for traps.

And Gifoie is too slow? Pfft. My FOmar can stand in the middle of a room in mines, spam Gifoie, and kill the entire room before it gets to him.

shifter
Mar 31, 2004, 11:47 AM
a snow queen and a pair of mech guns is all that you need if your a ranger, it may take longer(for me about an hour, no joke) to get through mines and volt opt, but youll have it done. forces shouldnt have any problem with mines cause of there high lvl techs at that stage(hopefully you found some). hunters, i would suggest you get some mechs, with or without hit%, and at least try mines. even if you do a light, light, light combo, youll still be better off than trying to go up against them with a partisan or worst, a saber. dont try going head to head unless you have a good resta/a lot of mates, are uber strong and enjoy getting knocked around alot.