PDA

View Full Version : reset bug?

Pneophen
Feb 20, 2001, 10:08 AM
Some that has happen to me is that my DC reset in the middle of an online game. When i tried to load my character it said i couldnt use it. This really pissed me off because i lost 50 hrs of work and would have to start all over again. I've met 2 other people that this has happen to. One lost their character the other just lost all their stuff.

I would like to know what causes this. I dont think my Dc overheated cuz i just started playing again after an hours break from it. I really don't want to run into this again and lose my now Level 60 Character.

Anyone know what causes the reset?

The_Neon_Samurai
Feb 22, 2001, 09:27 AM
It's a relatively common problem, happened to some people I know. It's a problem with the voltage regulation. If this keeps on happening to you, you can open up the DC and use a screwdriver or similar metallic object to manually discharge the voltage thats building up by holding it to the thingie somewhere around where you plug the controller in.

DarkKnight
Feb 22, 2001, 10:36 PM
dude!

happened to me too!
i was kicking butt in the ruins with my teammates and suddenly my dc soft-resetted by itself!:eek:

i lost al my items that i didn't have equipped!
hope this doesn't happen again!

this is much worst then BSOD cause you can't do anything about it!

Cliftonium
Feb 22, 2001, 11:37 PM
Is it really dependant on the DC overheating? I had this happen twice to me now, both times, fighting (specifically) a chaos sorcerer in VH/ruins 3, with a total party of four. I've played the game ~8 hours straight once, and it never happened (this was back when my character was tiny, so I had no access to the ruins), so I don't think it had to do with overheating. Maybe it's the chaos sorcerer's final desperation attack ...

I've never heard of the voltage regulation problem. That sounds like quite a nasty problem to have though. I'd hate to open up the DC mid game, and poke around with a metal screwdriver...

=) Cliftonium =)

(P.S. lost all unequipped items both times)

Arcadean
Feb 23, 2001, 06:42 AM
My DC was hot as hell, I lost my items/weapon when it happened.

The_Neon_Samurai
Feb 23, 2001, 09:15 AM
It definetely is a problem with the voltage regulation, it has nothing to do with overheating. Another forum I'm registered on had quite extensive discussion on this. Usually once you have this problem, it get's worse over time since more and more voltage builds up in the DC. The reset only happened to me once but I think my case is a little different. I guess it happened to me because someone else in my house used something that eats up massive amounts of electricity, like a chainsaw or a powerdrill or something (he's a DIY freak). Sure sucks, but at least you only loose non-equipped stuff in your inv.

Anonymous
Feb 26, 2001, 08:04 AM
It happened to me too, I lost all my unequiped items. Thank god everything in the bank was saved. What's weird is I just got Megid then and I was testing it out when it happened. I remember seeing the lights blinking in the house right when it happened. Since then, I plugged the DC into my computer's UPS. I hope it doesn't happen again!