PDA

View Full Version : The Real Deal: SectionID's

IVI
Apr 20, 2001, 10:06 PM
i posted this in somones post about a skyly... i thought i would share it with everyone to help those who dont know exactly what SectionID's do..

IVI wrote:

let me try and explain a
little about what "exactly"
the SectionID's do.. alot of
people have it mixed up...

ahem..

SectionID's, despite the
belief's of the masses,
donot effect what "unique"
(i.e. spread needle,
chainsawd) weapons you pick
up.. rather, SecionID's
determind what you can buy
in the shop... ever notice a
last survivor in the shop?
or a bloody art? thats
because your class finds
that weapon frequently... skyly's have
LAST SURVIVOR in the shop
all the time.. while Redria
for example. finds Armor
more frequently, and if you
ask any modorately high
level Redria, they are
capable of buing unique
armor in the shop instead of
a unique weapon.. see how it
works? unique weapons like
lavis cannon, heaven-p.. and
the like are distributed
randomly in the area's sonic
team decided to make them
obtainable, also, luck has
absolutely no effect on what
you pick up.. Luck effects
how often your hits are
critical. what Does
determind how often u will
find unique items... is your
EXP... the highter your EXP,
the more likely you are to
pick up a soul eater, or a
holy ray (examples)... hope
this clears it up a bit for
you all...

IVI

hope this is useful into to some if not all of you =)

Tabolet
Apr 20, 2001, 10:14 PM
How do you explain this, then?

http://www.extremezone.com/~genleo/rare_item_chart.htm

IVI
Apr 20, 2001, 10:25 PM
hmmm Very intresting chart, i sure would like to know where those numbers were derived from.

if its legit: IVI stands corrected =)

VulpesMundi
Apr 20, 2001, 11:04 PM
Trust me when I tell you that section IDs do effect what you're going to find. Granted every ID has a chance (albeit kinda slim) to find every item, some IDs have better odds of finding certain items than others. I don't need a list to tell me that, as I've experienced it first hand.

For example...
Viridia: I've found three Spread Needles with my Viridia character, but never found one with any of my other characters.
Yellowboze: I've found a Sting Tip with my Yellowboze character (rest in peace), but never found one with any of my other characters.
Whitill: my friend Wyatt found a Bravace in my online Whitill-created team.

And so on, and so forth.

IVI
Apr 20, 2001, 11:14 PM
guess i was wrong... =

cant be right all the time.

kanyon
Apr 20, 2001, 11:49 PM
yep yep, and REDRIA finds waaayyyyy to much armor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif. Now I'm finding rare armor off of Rag Rappy's alot, like Flowens Shield a few nights ago. Not the rarest, but this is just an example of course. But anyways, way too much armor from REDRIA lol.

BWS-1
Apr 21, 2001, 01:04 AM
about the EXP thing... I don't beleive it. I almost have 4 million EXP pionts but still, can't find any not-so-commun-but-not-so-rare weapons or armors or unit. I haven't found any mag cells yet!!!!! I can't get my hand on the 2 things I am presently hunting for: GOD HAND and HP/REVIVAL. By the way, my ID is VIRIDIA

IVI
Apr 21, 2001, 02:06 AM
BW3_1: thats pretty strange my lv 100 RAmar (also Viridia) has found a spread needle, a soul eater (not from the quest) a victor axe . and a few other rares not to worth mentioning.. and he hasnt hit the 4 mil mark yet... altho i myself.. with all my characters.. have yet to find a single mag cell either =

BWS-1
Apr 21, 2001, 02:19 AM
odd

Crawurm
Apr 21, 2001, 02:30 AM
well i think the exp might be correct as well as what you said for section ID's

but mainly (resaying things is fun) section ID's let you find things of that type more often

ex: Oran will find Knife type weapons more likely when an enemy drops a weapon then others in that area.

but this is only what i think.....

Deathkiller
Apr 21, 2001, 09:22 PM
no way! Ive gotten PLENTY of JUNK as a Pinkal! Ive got spread needles! Heaven Punnishers! And loads of what not! That charts a load of crap! Ive NEVER found a storm wand! Though every once in a while it is in the shop!

Fargo
Apr 21, 2001, 09:45 PM
On the other hand, I'm a Pinkal HUmar and I've never had a sniff of punishers or needles, but storm wands come in almost every trip to ragol.

If that chart's anything to go by - and it seems reasonably solid - I'm a little upset about my chances for finding a real Agito or a chainsawd... darn.

Gandalf
Apr 21, 2001, 11:04 PM
What, did someone pull that chart out of their ass. Those numbers were extremely specific. The only people who could have those numbers are sega team, and i dun think they could or would release that info. Sorry, but IVI is correct, un correct urself IVI, cause the PERFECT GUIDE says so!

IVI
Apr 21, 2001, 11:11 PM
thanks gan, thats exactly what i thought when i looked at the chart http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif looked like total BS to me.

IVI stands Un-Corected. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

VulpesMundi
Apr 21, 2001, 11:14 PM
The perfect guide is less than perfect. I found those three Spread Needles when my Viridia HUnewearl was in her 60s. That's barely 1 million EXP. Not only that, she only had between 70 and 80 hours at the time. I haven't found anything good since, and she's on level 98 right now (I've gotta update my sig) with about 150 hours. I'm highly doubtful that experience and time play much of a role at all. It's pure luck of the draw from the item tables. And though I do think that list seems a bit arbitrary, I do think they've got the right idea.

And to the Pinkal who claims to have found loads of different items: you're probably playing on other ID teams online. Whoever makes the team is what ID the team will be considered. If the team leader leaves, the next player who joined will usurp the team and it'll become that char's ID. And so on.

Spike
Apr 22, 2001, 03:26 AM
I definitly think play time affects what you find. I've played V-hard Forest with my new Skyly character 4 times and all I got out of it was 1 Dragon Slayer... How horrible is that? Even with Yellowboze I find (on average) 1 Special per game. Then a month or two ago when I was playing with one of my level 100 Skyly friends and found 2 real Agitos and 2 fake Agitos in about 5 trips. Since then I've played probably 15-20 Skyly games (all under level 100) and found junk...just 2 fake Agitos.

Tabolet
Apr 22, 2001, 03:39 AM
>> What, did someone pull that chart out of their ass. Those numbers were extremely specific. The only people who could have those numbers are sega team, and i dun think they could or would release that info. <<

I'm not terribly knowledgable when it comes to exactly what can be found in a complete dump of a game, but I imagine there's got to be a probability chart hidden SOMEWHERE within the PSO data.

It's not unreasonable that someone might sift this out of the PSO dump.

---

Edit - But then, why no numbers for some of the newer rares? A fatty mystery explodes!

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Tabolet on 2001-04-22 01:41 ]</font>

MoMan007
Apr 22, 2001, 04:17 AM
<html><fontcolor=darkorange>hello i believe that the bluefill concentrates on partisan like weapons and slot fillers etc

VulpesMundi
Apr 22, 2001, 08:34 AM
Exactly. Each ID has specific item types they find more often than the other IDs. It's very simple...

Hunter IDs...
Bluefull: Spears - shop: Gae Bolg
Oran: Knives - shop: Bloody Art
Skyly: Swords - shop: Last Survivor

Ranger IDs...
Greennill: Rifles - shop: Justy?23ST
Viridia: Shotguns - shop: Crush Bullet

Force IDs...
Pinkall: Canes - Storm Wand:Indra

General IDs...
Purplenum: Machineguns - H&S25 Justice (leans towards ranger)
Redria: Armor - shop: nothing (no specifics)
Whitill: Slicers - shop: Diska of Braveman (leans towards hunter)
Yellowboze: Money - shop: nothing (leans towards force)

And these are not based off of any list. These are based on playing the game - first hand experience. Between a friend and myself we have every ID in the game, and we have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours searching for things. Even with higher levels/experience and greater amounts of time, we don't find anything with any more frequency than we did back when we were practically newbies to the game. It's all just luck of the draw. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Fortune smiled upon me when I found three Spread Needles in four days, but I've yet to see anything like that happen again.

Gandalf
Apr 22, 2001, 10:00 AM
Ok well 1st off.....

"I'm not terribly knowledgable when it comes to exactly what can be found in a complete dump of a game, but I imagine there's got to be a probability chart hidden SOMEWHERE within the PSO data.
It's not unreasonable that someone might sift this out of the PSO dump"

Ok, u are refering to that pso dump behind the sega building? Cmon man, think about it...why would sega disclose information that is MUCH of the basis of the game? Unless someone cracke sega team's database, broke into that "PSO-chance of finding rares in each sec. id" file (that of course exists because sega team has such need for it!) there is no other way this info could be that specific, if even a rough estimate, considering how everything in that chart differed from my personal expierences.

Alright, Vulpes, your post is, i am so sadly 2 say, wrong. On my Pinkal id i have had many such items for sale in the store:Bloody art, GAe bolg, storm wand, last survivor. Well right off the bat this means what u r saying is wrong. Now how u sad "The perfect guide is far from perfect" .... maybe it is, but people who write those things usually, if almost always have affiliation with the game designer. If u look under "Section Ids" in the guide, ull find exactly what NON RARE weapons each id gives u. IDs have no effect on specific rares, just regular items. I dun have my Perfect Guide with me right now, but i will try 2 get that chart up here by the end of the day.

Tabolet
Apr 22, 2001, 01:20 PM
>> Ok, u are refering to that pso dump behind the sega building? Cmon man, think about it...why would sega disclose information that is MUCH of the basis of the game? <<

Please, discontinue making a fool of yourself.

I'm refering to the data "dump" obtained from the CD itself.

Hopefully, the fey quotation marks have made things clearer for you.

Gandalf
Apr 22, 2001, 01:36 PM
I know what u ment! I was being sarcastic...geez. What ur saying now makes 0 sense. I know what u mean...but no one has access to this info.

Sierra
Apr 22, 2001, 01:45 PM
I think that it depends on the amount of hours logged.

Parable81
Apr 22, 2001, 02:00 PM
I am a Pinkal Ranger and i walk into the item shop, and at times can buy 2 STORM WAND INDRA'S +8 And the only semi-decent rare i have found was A MAGICAL PIECE, coincidence, i think not. The versus guide is correct, pink-staffs and stuff. Thats all i ever find staffs, staffs, and more staffs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif That chart seemed pretty accurate to me, like how i always find delsabers arms. Also i bet someone who has a knowledge of computer databases can hack into the game info fairly easily, just like how they adjusted the hacks to bypass the sega.net servers (spread needle+99) its possible.

Tabolet
Apr 22, 2001, 04:09 PM
Please, Gandalf, I beg of you...

STOP BEING AN IDIOT.

watashiwa, on some unfounded lie about new Mags and weapons -

"Great story. But, it's obviously a complete lie. I've already looked at the raw item data dump from the RAM"

Presumably, one might be able to find probability indicators in such a way, as well.

Spike
Apr 22, 2001, 04:58 PM
Gandalf, if you can buy those things in the shop then you're playing in someone else's ID. Just look at the tekker to see which ID the shop is.

IVI
Apr 22, 2001, 05:33 PM
wow this thread has officialy Blown Up. lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Vulpes that was an exelent break down, and exactly what i was getting at... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Gandalf
Apr 22, 2001, 06:20 PM
Hey spike, can i ask u, if what rares u can buy in the shop depend on the id of the person who created, why can i buy a bloody art while the guy beside me can buy a storm wand, and the other guy a last survivor?

I apologize if i am being an idiot....

VulpesMundi
Apr 22, 2001, 08:20 PM
Let me reiterate...

The person who makes the team sets the section ID for that team. Everyone in the team will be able to find (ie. some IDs find Double Sabers while others find Photon Claws more often) and buy items in the shops according to that ID. Should the person who made the team leave (beit by his own free will or a case of disconnection), the second person who joined the team will then usurp command and it will become his section ID. If he leaves, the third person who joined will take over. And so on. You CANNOT buy more than one type of special item in the shop at any given time (though sometimes two different versions of the same special may show up at the same time). If the team ID changes then the shops will change wares to suit the ID on your next visit to Pioneer 2. It's really that simple.

Spike
Apr 23, 2001, 02:03 AM
Exactly.

IVI
Apr 23, 2001, 02:21 AM
fukkin beautiful Vulpes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

i couldn't have put it better myself.

heh.
Apocolypse Tribe Elder
IVI