PDA

View Full Version : It should be working but its not.

Caydence
Mar 28, 2004, 06:02 PM
Ok i went out and bought a crossover cable to hook up the broadband adapter to my cpu, but its still not working. it says failed to recievve ip address. Help me.

Caydence
Mar 28, 2004, 06:15 PM
for people who dont know, im running on the wireless-G router to my cpu, then pluging a crossover cable from my erthnet port to the bba in my gc

Dhylec
Mar 28, 2004, 08:34 PM
you could have continue your older topics instead of making new ones for every new question
like here http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=78912&forum=3&4
& here
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=78958&forum=3&3
/sigh/

VioletSkye
Mar 28, 2004, 08:43 PM
What version of windows are you running? Did you set up ICS?

Caydence
Mar 28, 2004, 08:52 PM
sorry bout that man. i forgot about those. but im on windows XP.

Caydence
Mar 28, 2004, 08:58 PM
and when i connect it i believe it attomaticly ICS. it says "Local Area connection connected"

Caydence
and when i connect it i believe it attomaticly ICS. it says "Local Area connection connected"

Caydence

VioletSkye
Mar 28, 2004, 09:00 PM
LOL thank god you posted that 4 times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You need to setup up ICS, it doesn't just automatically set itself up because you plugged the cable in.

** Windows XP

* Step 1: This will assume that you have some rudimentary Windows XP knowledge. There is a way to do this automatically, by using Windows XP's ICS Wizard, but that has failed on me a few times, so I recommend doing it manually. First, navigate to the "Network and Dial-Up Connections" folder, and open it. Are you connected to the internet? If you are, disconnect before you proceed. Now, click on the "Internet Gateway" icon for your connection (modem), right-click if necessary to bring up a sub-menu, and select "Properties". On the window that comes up, hit the "Advanced" tab, and check "Allow Other Network Users To Connect Through This Computer's Internet Connection". (Self-explanatory, isn't it?) Connect to the internet.

* Step 2: Connect your GC BBA to your NIC by plugging in the RJ-45 Crossover Cable to both. Start up your GameCube, and when PSO's title screen loads, go to "Options", then "Network Option", then "Provider Option". Hit "Yes" to proceed. If you do not already have a networking file, let PSO create one, and if you already have one, hit "Yes" to edit it. Click on "Network Setup", select the name you want to use, and hit "Edit Menu". After you have modified the name of the ISP connection to your liking, hit "Next", and then click the radio button (circle) for "Automatically Obtain IP Address (DHCP)". Keep hitting "Next" until you have the option to hit "Save", and do so, saving your settings.

* Step 3: Try to connect to the 'net with your GameCube. If the connection does not work, you will have to manually set an IP. Proceed with step 4 only if you have to do this.

* Step 4: Return to the "Provider Option" menu in PSO. This time, click on "Manually Set An IP Address". Hit "Next", and for your IP address, put in 192.168.0.200. For your Subnet Mask, put in 255.255.255.0. For your Default Gateway, put in 192.168.1.1. Hit "Next", leaving the DNS fields blank, and "Save" these settings. You should now be able to connect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-03-28 18:02 ]</font>

Caydence
Mar 28, 2004, 09:04 PM
thank you very much. i love you!!! haha. o and my cpu started crapping out thats why it posted 4 times. haha.

VioletSkye
Mar 28, 2004, 09:18 PM
An easier way to get there is to click START then right-click MY NETWORK PLACES then select PROPERTIES. Right click on the Local Area Connection icon and select PROPERTIES then click the ADVANCED tab. Make sure there is a check in INTERNET CONNECTION SHARING.

Caydence
Mar 28, 2004, 09:22 PM
alrite. everythings working. thank you so much. My character name in episode 3 and 1/2 is Highwind II if u ever want to play.

VioletSkye
Mar 28, 2004, 09:27 PM
glad you got online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rich_T
Mar 29, 2004, 02:02 PM
dotn forget to turn off the screensaver, if you have on active.
when i was using ICS i couldnt understand whay i kept getting disconected ever 1/2 hour, as soon as the screen saver kicked in i lost my conection.
also it might be worth checking to see that your P.C doesnt automaticly disconect the internet conection after a certain amount of time. ( modem> right click> properties)

Caydence
Mar 29, 2004, 04:20 PM
arlite more troubles haha. when i get on it says, "You could not be connected to the server. Please check that your ISP settings are correct before connecting." I followed step 4 and everything. i dont know wuts wrong..

Rich_T
Mar 30, 2004, 01:22 PM
Have your tried setting everything to automatic?
that worked for me.

Caydence
Mar 30, 2004, 04:05 PM
ill try