PDA

View Full Version : FFXI "Player V.S Player " "Conflict" is coming (^_^)

eXo
Mar 28, 2004, 07:16 PM
Man this is great news i have been reading about this for almost a year and now that the game is released on all platforms ,its becoming a reality the rares and clans will be a great addition .

http://www.playonline.com

Kent
Mar 28, 2004, 07:20 PM
Let's just hope they don't screw it up...

Knowing Square Enix, they have a high chance of pulling it off right.

eXo
Mar 29, 2004, 12:31 AM
Yeah im keeping my fingers crossed bigtime although, knowing that square made a pretty good fighting game TOBAL 2 that never hit the states http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif is a bit of a confidence builder http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Outrider
Mar 29, 2004, 01:01 AM
I'm fairly sure that the fact that they made a fighting game bears absolutely no relevance to PvP in Final Fantasy XI.

eXo
Mar 29, 2004, 01:08 AM
Him actually how wouldnt having experience in a fighting game not have a direct effect on P v P.
i mean motion detecting is a big part of what combat is all about right???animation plus tobal had good enviorment interaction.no matter how you slice prier experience is always a plus from tobal im pretty sure they have a better idea of what to do and what not to do.

eXo
Mar 29, 2004, 01:14 AM
Oooops almost forgot that Tobal also helped to develope. There colloision detection and special effects on the lighting when you hit.

Outrider
Mar 29, 2004, 01:41 AM
Except for the fact that Tobal was a real-time game, while FFXI is not. They don't need to worry about hit-detection since the computer controls that on its own.

This is like saying that making a racing game gives them good experience for a section of a platforming game where you have to outrun a character.

eXo
Mar 29, 2004, 07:26 AM
If they where out running someone in a car yes it does.

eXo
Mar 29, 2004, 07:27 AM
Hmmmm im just curious do you play FFXI ?

Outrider
Mar 29, 2004, 10:19 AM
On 2004-03-29 04:26, eXo wrote:

Which is the exact reason I said a platforming game. I'm going to have to say that the vast majority of platforming games don't have you jumping while driving a car.

On 2004-03-29 04:27, eXo wrote:
Hmmmm im just curious do you play FFXI ?

No, but at this point it's irrelevant.

eXo
Mar 29, 2004, 01:24 PM
hmmm no your correct the vast majority of platforming games do not,have you running and jumping in a car but the point is that if one was created that would help them in the development.

eXo
Mar 29, 2004, 01:34 PM
On 2004-03-29 07:19, Outrider wrote:
[quote]
On 2004-03-29 04:26, eXo wrote:

Which is the exact reason I said a platforming game. I'm going to have to say that the vast majority of platforming games don't have you jumping while driving a car.

well im not sure if you ever heard of this a platform game with a jumping car ...ahh i know Blaster Master prime example http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And as far as you considering not playing FFXI irrelevant,that statment holds about as much water as people saying that Kobe Bryant's accusers past sexual history is irrelevant to her case against him ..My point is that if you played FFXI you would see how Square could implement alot of it tobal knowledge into FFXI ....

goku4ever
Mar 29, 2004, 01:44 PM
so this game isnt about ff11? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i hoped it was

Kent
Mar 29, 2004, 03:46 PM
On 2004-03-28 22:41, Outrider wrote:
Except for the fact that Tobal was a real-time game, while FFXI is not.

You ... haven't played Final Fantasy XI, have you? It is in real-time. Anybody who has played the game can tell you that.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Mar 29, 2004, 04:06 PM
On 2004-03-29 12:46, Kent wrote:

You ... haven't played Final Fantasy XI, have you? It is in real-time. Anybody who has played the game can tell you that.

HAHAH, you tell him Kent.

Personally, I could care less about PVP, I would only like it to shut the hell oup out of people who think they are aweseome, and try to tell others how ti do their jobs.

Outrider
Mar 29, 2004, 04:09 PM

Real-time is like the Legend of Zelda. Real-time is not choosing to fight an enemy, and then the game makes you attack everytime your speed or weapon speed allows you to. Being able to change what action you're doing on the fly does not make it (strictly speaking) real-time fighting. I would not call it real-time, as you don't really control your character's actions while in battle.

eXo
Mar 29, 2004, 04:22 PM
In zelda although its more action based you still must lock on to a character to fight

eXo
Mar 29, 2004, 04:30 PM
Yea its still has a time based system but its difinately not turn.turn based either because monstaers have the ability to strike you maultiple times as well as they engages you for no reason http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

eXo
Mar 29, 2004, 04:49 PM
Another good example is how namco managed to covert there Tekken series knowledge into that pretty decent mini game. Everyone loved called Tekken Force http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Outrider
Mar 29, 2004, 04:52 PM
eXo... stop posting multiple times. Hit the edit button.

It's not turn-based and I'm not saying it is. It's definitely not standard real-time combat, however. A real-time RPG is more along the lines of... Morrowind, I guess? I dunno, I can't really think of too many from the current generation.

Kent
Mar 29, 2004, 05:26 PM
Morrowind sucked.

Anyway, the game is real-time, just attacks are done differently than other things, like abilities, magic, and weaponskills. Attacks have their attack turns, which is similar to how in action-RPGs, like Zelda games, weapons attack at different speeds, like a greatsword swings slower than a one-hander. It's just automated, that's all.

RuneLateralus
Mar 29, 2004, 06:13 PM
Meh, I am going to wait for the Lineage II beta to get workable (who would have thought that about 1000 players would long on within the first 3 hours when it was set up with only 3 servers....not a good thing as only more would come).

If that doesn't work out...maybe...just maybe I will be coming back to FFXI...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2004-03-29 15:14 ]</font>

Outrider
Mar 29, 2004, 07:02 PM
On 2004-03-29 14:26, Kent wrote:
Morrowind sucked.

Anyway, the game is real-time, just attacks are done differently than other things, like abilities, magic, and weaponskills. Attacks have their attack turns, which is similar to how in action-RPGs, like Zelda games, weapons attack at different speeds, like a greatsword swings slower than a one-hander. It's just automated, that's all.

And hey, when I tell Tidus to attack in FFXI, it happens in real time, the game just does it automatically.

A bit of an exxageration, but it's not standard real-time battle. As I said, it's not turn-based, but somewhere in between.

With the Zelda example, that's a bit of an odd comparison. In that game, you control how fast you attack. Obviously you have to wait a certain amount of time because it wouldn't make any sense if you can continuously attack without delay. But you actually get pretty-close to full control when it comes to combat.

eXo
Mar 30, 2004, 02:19 AM
Well to to tell truth i could kinda careless about what people try to,catagorize it asw all i know is that its Damn fun.

Outrider
Mar 30, 2004, 02:21 AM
On 2004-03-29 23:19, eXo wrote:
Well to to tell truth i could kinda careless about what people try to,catagorize it asw all i know is that its Damn fun.

Ha ha! Fair enough, man.

eXo
Mar 30, 2004, 02:23 AM
Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

KaFKa
Mar 30, 2004, 02:29 AM

but its about as time-intensive as priston tale is.

eXo
Mar 30, 2004, 02:30 AM
Hmm oh i have one more question remember when EP I & II first came out. everyone was going on about how the PS 2 was not strong enough to support it. well the graphics on FFXI are pretty nice so now i really cant understand what all the fuss was about ?? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Kent
Mar 30, 2004, 07:01 AM
I believe it was a technical issue regarding the character creation process, some effect the PS2 doesn't support.