PDA

View Full Version : My experiences with a RaMarl

kutulu
Mar 29, 2004, 01:51 PM
Simply put quite possibly the most effective long range class of them all. Especially now that I've acquired the Rafoie technique at the very early lvl 13. It was especially satisfying to completely annhilate De Rol Le my first time through instead of moving to the side of the craft and whacking at him with my traditional Hunewearl. I have yet to see how my RaMarl will fare through the ruins, or through the second episode for that matter. For the first time as well I met two Nar Lillies and managed to grab a pair of Angel/Mind's each time, so that really helps my RaMarl. Please share your experiences as well with this class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kutulu on 2004-03-29 10:52 ]</font>

KingChaos
Mar 29, 2004, 05:40 PM
yeah they are really fun not too powerfull hp aiin great so they are good challenges

Ketchup345
Mar 29, 2004, 05:44 PM
On 2004-03-29 14:40, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
yeah they are really fun not too powerfull hp aiin great so they are good challenges

You haven't gotten one above level 40 then, have you? Once you get a nice level S/D/J/Z, and a good gun, you are unstoppable. Their low HP doesn't matter much at higher levels, have the best EVP in the game (actually is useful in Ultimate), easily clears rooms, and can even act as a "ghetto"-FOrce.

Edit: 2nd highest ATA in the game (after a point, but it is still always better than HUnter's). And of course the weapons mentioned below.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-03-29 14:49 ]</font>

heyf00L
Mar 29, 2004, 05:46 PM
I've never really played as a RAmarl, but she is probably the best solo character in the game. HUnewearl might be better in some situations.

Well ATA (in my opinion) is the most important stat in the game and RAmarl has 2nd most (I think). Then comes the other advantage of being a Ranger: the best weapons in the game -- Spread Needle, Frozen Shooter, and Yas 9kM. The downside is every Ranger uses those weapons >.< Plus the high level support techniques help a lot.

PJ
Mar 29, 2004, 05:50 PM
On 2004-03-29 14:44, Ketchup345 wrote:
and can even act as a "ghetto"-FOrce.

Wouldn't HUnewearl be better for this? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

I personally prefer HUnewearls. Better looking, more fun (As hunters are, IMO, more fun than Rangers).

And, IMO, the only playable Rangers anyways are the androids. The human ones are just boring, maybe I don't know how to play them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif <---- Wacko outside of FKL?!!

kutulu
Mar 29, 2004, 05:56 PM

You haven't gotten one above level 40 then, have you? Once you get a nice level S/D/J/Z, and a good gun, you are unstoppable. Their low HP doesn't matter much at higher levels, have the best EVP in the game (actually is useful in Ultimate), easily clears rooms, and can even act as a "ghetto"-FOrce.

Edit: 2nd highest ATA in the game (after a point, but it is still always better than HUnter's). And of course the weapons mentioned below.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-03-29 14:49 ]</font>

Now that I did not know. I didnt realize they were so sturdy, especially considering their low HP. A high EVP can get you through alot of situations.

Considering I used to use a Hunewearl all the time I thought they had the highest EVP in the game.

Mazinger-X
Mar 29, 2004, 05:57 PM
Ramarls are fun in a way. Though they lack some ATP, they're still good.
Compared to Humar, they're lots better since they can use Techs up to like level 20 right? And HUmars can only use up to 15. Gahaha. o_O;

Ketchup345
Mar 29, 2004, 05:58 PM
On 2004-03-29 14:50, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

and can even act as a "ghetto"-FOrce.

Wouldn't HUnewearl be better for this? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

I personally prefer HUnewearls. Better looking, more fun (As hunters are, IMO, more fun than Rangers).

And, IMO, the only playable Rangers anyways are the androids. The human ones are just boring, maybe I don't know how to play them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif <---- Wacko outside of FKL?!!

HUnewearls are better "ghetto"-FOrces, but RAmarls aren't too bad it either.

I prefer RAngers over HUnters, I like being able to do full comboes without getting hit, and I love EVP and awesome guns. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif RAmarls aren't too hard to make look good.

You don't know how to play human RAngers then (or are always playing online {due to other doing the supporting}, offline RAmarls are insanely good).

And http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gifs have been done outside FKL before.

Blitzkommando
Mar 29, 2004, 06:12 PM
Having had many RAmarls now I can assure you it only gets better. They have awsome EVP, second highest MST of a nonforce, and ATP that is not much different than the RAcaseal and RAmar. Cute as buttons and deadly as assassins. Level 20 techniques, awsome ranger weapons, and EVP that maxes with little or no help automatically by about 150-180. Her HP isn't as bad as one may think. You will hit over 1300 by the time your are 150ish and 1500 by 180. If anything they are a bit too cheap compared to all the other classes. Which is why some people refuse to play as them, they simply pwn everything with little or no help needed.

KingChaos
Mar 29, 2004, 06:13 PM

look at my sig im at 190

Ketchup345
Mar 29, 2004, 06:17 PM
On 2004-03-29 15:13, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:

look at my sig im at 190

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

My mistake, I don't pay attention to most text sigs.

But the low HP and ATP is easy to overcome, and doesn't prove to be a challenge to far into the game.

Cheep
Mar 29, 2004, 07:08 PM
Ramarl is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Cheep is soooooo cute and has fanny kicking action!!!

Sharkyland
Mar 29, 2004, 07:36 PM
My mag sucks with my Ramarl so far... 20/20/60, so I'm doing crappy dmg.

Sharkyland
Mar 29, 2004, 07:38 PM
My mag sucks with my Ramarl so far... 20/20/60, so I'm doing crappy dmg.

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 30, 2004, 01:08 AM
Oops, double post. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anywho, my Ranger is a ramarl and they kick everyones asses. She's a redria, so she, by complete coincedence, got Rukmin. He's awesome. She doesn't have such great ATA so i made the mag 18/92/82/8. She pwnz on Forest, pwnz on cave, mostly with a Red Mechgun+30 Shifta lvl 17 combo. Would be on Mine, If I wasn't so friggind lazy.

They just rock, they look good, get Rukmin, (w00t!) and get her high and kick more ass. (Her name is Joe.)

kutulu
Mar 30, 2004, 01:30 AM
BTW which would be the best Section ID for a Ramarl?

Kiri
Mar 30, 2004, 01:34 AM
On 2004-03-29 22:30, kutulu wrote:

It wouldnt really matter...but since it is a ranger you should either go for (GREENIL) or (VIRIDIA) i had the best experience with those ID's for finding rare gun weapons.

Blitzkommando
Mar 30, 2004, 01:44 AM
On 2004-03-29 22:34, AKA_Hotei wrote:

On 2004-03-29 22:30, kutulu wrote:

It wouldnt really matter...but since it is a ranger you should either go for (GREENIL) or (VIRIDIA) i had the best experience with those ID's for finding rare gun weapons.

Purplenum, Whitill, Redria, and Yellowboze are also very good choices for RAmarls. I myself have a Greennill RAmarl and she finds goodies a lot. Lots of Rifles.

So for a breakdown:
Greennill: Rifles galore
Viridia: Shots and Katanas Galore
Purplenum: Mechguns Galore
Whitill: General guns and such, more melee stuffs
Redria: Shields and Armors, as well as some nice guns
Yellowboze: Standard ID everything comes in equal numbers, lots of Meseta

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 31, 2004, 12:11 AM
On 2004-03-29 22:44, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Whitill: General guns and such, more melee stuffs
Yellowboze: Standard ID everything comes in equal numbers, lots of Meseta

Whitill also finds Guld and Milla, one on forest, one on Ruins, not respectively, I jus don't remember. Yellowboze is just bad. Maybe you could sit in mine and look for NUG from a canabin, but I doubt it. Mine's a redria, so she's there for one purpose.... LAVIS CANON! and Demolition Comet, that helps too.