PDA

View Full Version : PSOX Question

Solstis
Mar 29, 2004, 06:04 PM
Yup, and yup! Though there are ways around it.

Cyger
Mar 29, 2004, 06:04 PM
Is it true that you have to have Xbox Live in order to play PSOX offline also? If that's true, then that's kind of dumb...and unfair to those that don't have it.

Cyger
Mar 29, 2004, 06:23 PM
Like what!?

Ketchup345
Mar 29, 2004, 06:29 PM
I think this applies:

From the Fprum Rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum):
Illegal Activities
Warez or illegal related content of any kind is grounds to be banned by our discretion.Links to such material as well as requests for it, are considered the same as posting the actual material. You may not ask for Warez, ROMs, or MP3s or ask for links to such sites containing specified content and you may not provide links to such sites.

That is probably Illegal, since ST and M$ intended it to work the way it does.

Solstis
Mar 29, 2004, 06:38 PM
I didn't mean that! I was referring to playing w/o an XBOX live account that heard someone talking about before----not all "ooh" I have the PC version.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

But I am a proud subscriber, and it's worth it anyway.

Ketchup345
Mar 29, 2004, 06:39 PM
On 2004-03-29 15:38, Solstis wrote:
I didn't mean that! I was referring to playing w/o an XBOX live account that heard someone talking about before----not all "ooh" I have the PC version.

But I am a proud subscriber, and it's worth it anyway.

I know that, but you can't explain ways around it, which he was asking for.

A2K
Mar 29, 2004, 11:05 PM
I don't think that it's all illegal, at all, actually. Basically all you need is to have a Gamertag installed on your system. The data can be copied from a friend's account--just know that you can never go online with whatever characters you create (unless by some chance the gamertag becomes free for you to use... I guess... and even then chances are pretty slim)

Eh, it's just easier to get your own, really. It would have made more sense if the game came with Xbox Live Starter kits here like it did in Japan...

kevlar_pso
Mar 30, 2004, 01:35 PM
If the mods hadn't jumped all over everyone before, why would they now? Personally I don't see a thing wrong with his post.

Cyger
Mar 30, 2004, 08:14 PM
Sorry, I was just curious if you actually needed Xbox live because my friend wanted to play PSO after I played with him, and I had heard that from somewhere and was making sure. I didn't think it was any hacking, just something that was set-up. It's just dumb to me though...needing an online account to play offline...BLEH!

MilkManX
Mar 31, 2004, 10:47 AM
You have 2 options.

1.) Copy your GT to a memory card and dump it on your friends Xbox. As long as he never plans to get live you are fine and he wont have to make another charicter.

2.) Have him bring his box to your place. Use one of the 2 month free trial cards. He sets up his own GT account. Remind him in 60 days or less to cancel his account.

I find option 2 to be better. I did that with my bro and he eventually cracked and got xbox live later so he could use his charicter online and play with me.