PDA

View Full Version : Castlvania for the Cube?

Pancake
Mar 30, 2004, 08:24 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/502/502812p1.html

Kuea
Mar 30, 2004, 08:46 PM
cool I love all castlevania games

Sord
Mar 30, 2004, 08:51 PM
as long as they don't soil the series, i'm happy. Though i like the fact of Konami and Nintendo more than Castlevania, but that's because GC is the only advanced system i have. Maybe they'll finally make a DDR for gamecube.

Outrider
Mar 30, 2004, 09:05 PM
On 2004-03-30 17:51, Sord wrote:
as long as they don't soil the series, i'm happy. Though i like the fact of Konami and Nintendo more than Castlevania, but that's because GC is the only advanced system i have. Maybe they'll finally make a DDR for gamecube.

Eh... I wouldn't count on it Sord. But hey, there's always Donkey Konga, right? Eh...

I could see this rumor going sour, as it sounds just like a lot of other GCN rumors that have been running around since the beginning. But hey, only time will tell.

As for the latest GCN news, I'm much more interested in the Resident Evil 4 and Killer 7 trailers IGN just put up...

Sord
Mar 30, 2004, 09:09 PM
On 2004-03-30 18:05, Outrider wrote:

Eh... I wouldn't count on it Sord. But hey, there's always Donkey Konga, right? Eh...

there's always that little shred of hope... and if it never does, i'll just download DDR Step Mania Max and download all the songs/dancers/stuff people made and look for a DDR pad adaptor for PC. I like the songs more than the idea of dancing.

Bradicus
Mar 30, 2004, 09:46 PM
as long as they don't soil the series, i'm happy.

Castlevania 64 anyone?

I think i shall stick to the awsome GBA additions to the saga.

Outrider
Mar 31, 2004, 01:13 AM
On 2004-03-30 18:46, Bradicus wrote:

as long as they don't soil the series, i'm happy.

Castlevania 64 anyone?

I think i shall stick to the awsome GBA additions to the saga.

And they have been awesome. But I've yet to play Aria of Sorrow, which is supposed to be the best of the three. Argh.

HotWaterDeath
Mar 31, 2004, 08:20 AM
I hope its a glorified, side-scroller, in the vein of Aria of Sorrow. That is, if its actually a Castlevania title. More side-scrollers, please.

rising_sunset
Mar 31, 2004, 11:27 AM
I just hope it doesn't have a 3-worded" title again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Ok look what is with the 3-worded titles:

circle of the moon
harmony of dissonence
aria of sorrow
lament of innocence

any more?

But I think they should seriously change this! I don't know just a random thought!

Nai_Calus
Mar 31, 2004, 11:42 AM
Circle of the moon is four words. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And what's wrong with it? It's a hell of a lot better than 'Castlevania 34,224,891'. Don't like it? Don't play it and/or make your own damned game you can name however you want.

Outrider
Mar 31, 2004, 04:42 PM
You forgot the most important one... Symphony of the Night. Which I have yet to play, unfortunately. But that was the first Castlevania game of that type.

Pancake
Mar 31, 2004, 06:38 PM
Aria of Sorrow is the best Castlvania game! The end has a great twist. BTW I think they should all be in 2D or Side Scrollers. Hopefully Konomi keeps making the GBA ones after PSP comes out.

Skett
Mar 31, 2004, 08:11 PM
Sorry guys but this was posted on 1UP.com's EGM board:

"KUJU? CASTLEVANIA? CODSWALLOP!

Kuju is working on a new GameCube game, but it's not a Castlevania title

15:12 Despite rumours to the contrary, British developer Kuju is not working on a new version of Castlevania. A spokesperson for Kuju tolds us today that there is "categorically not one iota of truth in this story".
The rumour, which has done the rounds on several Internet sites earlier today, appears to have stemmed from a forum posting where a user identifying himself as Asad Habib, quality assurance manager for Kuju Entertainment, posted a query on a European GameCube website's messageboard.

After posting a message asking for gametesters, the person claiming to be Habib finished with the phrase "Castlevania for GameCube!" - some onlookers have identified this as being proof that the company are working on a Castlevania title, and the suspicion that something was afoot could well have been strengthened by the news that Kuju has signed a deal to produce a game for Konami. But it's not Castlevania.

A source close to Konami commented: "Why would we use a third-party to make a Castlevania title when there is already a team in Japan?" It's a fair question, though there is perhaps an even more pertinent one: why didn't the rumourmongers just ask the development company in question?"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=102910

Pancake
Mar 31, 2004, 08:14 PM
I don't believe EGM anyways, a bunch of Sony Fan boys. Anyways it doesn't really mater, I probaly wouldn't of gotten it

Skett
Mar 31, 2004, 08:16 PM
On 2004-03-31 17:14, Creinus_Man wrote:
I don't believe EGM anyways, a bunch of Sony Fan boys. Anyways it doesn't really mater, I probaly wouldn't of gotten it

Hey, hey, hey! First, EGM is not a bunch of Sony fanboys. They are a very unfanboy magazine. And two, EGM didn't post it, a user on the message board did.

Outrider
Mar 31, 2004, 08:39 PM

Wait. You trust IGN, but not EGM? That's crazy. EGM is like the IGN of the internet.

Pancake
Mar 31, 2004, 09:15 PM
On 2004-03-31 17:39, Outrider wrote:

Wait. You trust IGN, but not EGM? That's crazy. EGM is like the IGN of the internet.

Of the internet? What

Outrider
Apr 1, 2004, 12:58 AM
If I had to compare the major online gaming sites to the major gaming magazines, IGN is most similar to EGM, I'd say.

Noone
Apr 1, 2004, 04:26 PM
I like egm, only real gaming magazine i read. It was better though when it was older like with sushi X and the older reviewers.

Castlevania? I like the one on the playstation best, althought i played on the snes first.

rising_sunset
Apr 2, 2004, 11:45 PM
On 2004-03-31 08:42, Ian-KunX wrote:
Circle of the moon is four words. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And what's wrong with it? It's a hell of a lot better than 'Castlevania 34,224,891'. Don't like it? Don't play it and/or make your own damned game you can name however you want.

lol, ok fine. Its all something of something happy?!

EJ
Apr 3, 2004, 12:59 AM
hopefully this one is good unlike for the 64 which I thought sucks but that's just me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zzzzzz
Apr 3, 2004, 02:48 PM
Weren't they making a Castlevania game for the Dreamcast but stopped because they said it was a poor quaility game?

Skett
Apr 3, 2004, 08:36 PM
On 2004-04-03 11:48, Zzzzzz wrote:
Weren't they making a Castlevania game for the Dreamcast but stopped because they said it was a poor quaility game?

Yeah, it was called Castlevania Resurections (speeling). Basicly, the story is that the game just wasn't good so Konami gave the game to the official Castlevania team in Japan. They thought it would be better to start from scratch but they didn't begin anything.

The game... dissapeared and was removed from Konami's release list. Or so the old EGM article said (article: Top 10 Games You Will Never Play). I guess only Konami knows what really happened.