PDA

View Full Version : Are rare enemies easier to find in lower difficulties?

metatime
Mar 31, 2004, 02:11 PM
I know in Ultimate, the chances of finding a rare enemy is like 1/512. Are the chances higher in lower difficulties.

KaFKa
Mar 31, 2004, 02:12 PM
normal: 1/512

hard: 1/512

Vhard: 1/512

ulty: 1/512

question was?

_brainchild
Mar 31, 2004, 03:14 PM
Some people just have all the luck. I wanted to cry seeing a screenshot with two Pal Rappies at once. Whether photoshopped or not.

Dhylec
Mar 31, 2004, 03:43 PM
seeing 2 rare foes can happen! it's like a rare^2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Hrith
Mar 31, 2004, 03:50 PM
Dhylec, I love you, will you marry me ?

And nice avatar, too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1/512 for rare monsters appearance is a supposed AVERAGE rate (this is not aimed at you KaFKa)

On 2004-03-31 12:50, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
ive seen more mil lilies than nar lilies
That's cuz you have played Ult much more than other difficulties, simple http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-03-31 12:51 ]</font>

KingChaos
Mar 31, 2004, 03:50 PM
ive seen more mil lilies than nar lillies

Cc08
Mar 31, 2004, 06:56 PM
Some people just have all the luck. I wanted to cry seeing a screenshot with two Pal Rappies at once. Whether photoshopped or not.Yeah, some people do get all the luck, the Pals/Als aren't too nice to me, but it was fun piping into the FoS room and having 2/4 of the Hildelts change into 'torrs... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zero999
Mar 31, 2004, 07:09 PM
for some reason i find the most rare monsters on normal (4 narlilys normal 2 al rappys normal 1 hildeblue hard 1 love rappy hard 1 love rappy vhard)

derBauer
Mar 31, 2004, 07:40 PM
The closest period of time I have ever had between rare enemies was once in caves 2 I saw a rare lilly then in the next room the rare slime appeared. They both dropped the rare items too! unfortunately it was with my RAmar and the items were DB's Sword (3062) and Morning Glory. Sucky.

Armageddon013
Mar 31, 2004, 10:04 PM
yea, rare enemys suck, they hate me or something, i never find them, i have found 2 pal rappies, countless al rappies, 1 hildeblue, 2 Hildertorrs, countless Nar lillies and 1 Mil Lilly,and the countless ones never give me crap but devil/battle and materials and weak crap! why cant i find the hildertorr with my bluefull, then i can get my HEAVEN PUNISHER finally!

Dragon_Ash
Mar 31, 2004, 10:40 PM
hmm, i've seen more pals, torrs and mils than al, blues and nar's...and they're supposed to be rare XD

and i've managed to find two hildetorrs at the same time...that's the best i have for more than one enemy...though i managed to pipe 3 slimes consecutively ^_^

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 1, 2004, 03:11 PM
On 2004-03-31 11:12, KaFKa wrote:
normal: 1/512

hard: 1/512

Vhard: 1/512

ulty: 1/512

question was?

So basically finding all rare enemies is just as easy as the other eh?
Then why is it on this site it lists all the rare enemies and some of them such as Mil Lily & Hildetor have a higher star of rarity than Hildeblue and Nar Lily,and Al rappy having the lowest rarity,if he was actually less rare wouldnt it be sumtin like 1/316 Al Rappy's...1/512 Hildeblues... and 1/740 Hildetors ?
That never made sense to me, they cant all be as easy to find, im sure every guy appears differently.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-01 12:12 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Apr 1, 2004, 04:55 PM
On 2004-04-01 12:11, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:
Then why is it on this site it lists all the rare enemies and some of them such as Mil Lily & Hildetor have a higher star of rarity than Hildeblue and Nar Lily,and Al rappy having the lowest rarity,if he was actually less rare wouldnt it be sumtin like 1/316 Al Rappy's...1/512 Hildeblues... and 1/740 Hildetors ?
That never made sense to me, they cant all be as easy to find, im sure every guy appears differently.

1) Some of this site's guides apply to DC only.
2) Not all of this site's guides are 100% correct.
3) Some are more common since you see more of the normal enemy.
4) Each rare monster (Episode 1) has their own quest, and their numbers vary in that quest (the Rappy quest has different amount of enemies than the Lilly quest).

Rogue100
Apr 1, 2004, 05:22 PM

This might also have to do with the volume of a given rare enemy's normal counterpart. For example, there are large numbers of lily's during a caves run whereas there aren't that many Hilde's during a Forest run. Naturally, it's going to be easier to find a rare Lily than it is to find a rare Hilde (personally, I've lost count of the rare lillies I've found, and have only ever come across two rare Hildes).

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 1, 2004, 06:32 PM
i know whatcha mean but a Mil Lily has a higher rarity than a Nar Lily and there are the same amounts of each,same with Hildeblue/Hildetor and Al Rappy/Pal rappy, altho Pouilly slime seems to always have the same rarity level for some reason, damn they really need a new rare slime, he hasnt changed at all from normal to ultimate, he is just the stupidest of them all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-01 15:34 ]</font>

Hrith
Apr 1, 2004, 07:16 PM
not at all, Nar lilies ar as rare as Mil lilies, and so on.

Get over it, all rare monsters have the same rarity, like Ketchup said, you do not see as many Hildelts as you see El Rappies.
And if you think Mil/Torrs/Pal are rarer, it's only because you have not played Ultimate enough.

RadiantLegend
Apr 2, 2004, 10:37 AM
Personally i think they are. Every time i play normal forest i always find a rare enemy but when i go back to ultimate .... they disappear.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 2, 2004, 12:59 PM
On 2004-04-01 16:16, Kef wrote:
not at all, Nar lilies ar as rare as Mil lilies, and so on.

Get over it, all rare monsters have the same rarity, like Ketchup said, you do not see as many Hildelts as you see El Rappies.
And if you think Mil/Torrs/Pal are rarer, it's only because you have not played Ultimate enough.

I wouldnt talk, iv put in atleast 1500 + hours on Ultimate.Iv made over 5 characters, all over lvl 120. Iv encountered 5 Hildetors and over 10
Hildeblues and i barely spend any time on Normal- Vhard,Iv encounter way more Nar Lily's and i spend all my time in Ultimate mode.Chances of finding rare enemies is totally random,u can either get em really fast or not get em at all for a long time,but seriously man you need to chill out and get a sense of humour, you take things far too serious, dont you ever smile or laugh? your always so stuck up and think you know everything and think everyone is a complete dumbass right?

Hrith
Apr 2, 2004, 01:06 PM
On 2004-04-02 09:59, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:
But seriously man you need to chill out and get a sense of humour, you take things far too serious, dont you ever smile or laugh? your always so stuck up and think you know everything and think everyone is a complete dumbass right?
right.......
click on the "FKL Spammer" sticker in my sig http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Is my avatar making you say that ?
well it was funny, anyway

oh, and check my profile

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 2, 2004, 01:12 PM
yeah i clicked there all it does is take me to fresh kill landfill or whatever, so whats the point of that anyway? am i spoz to notice sumtin or?
and what does your profile have to do with this.

PsychoMantis
Apr 2, 2004, 03:01 PM
there is no correct info on that cuz its not that 1 out of every 512 u get a rare guy guarenteed. ive piped 9 obs for 2 and a half hours to get a mil and i used like 300 pipes so 300 x 9 is 2700 if im correct so what r the chances? 1/2700? there is no guarentee. some times it takes like 3 pipes for a rare guy (which i have many times by the way.) so i dont know what ur talkin about. i dont care if thats what it says on the site. its not always true! luck is always different, specially on pso!

DezoPenguin
Apr 2, 2004, 03:23 PM
On 2004-04-02 12:01, PsychoMantis wrote:
there is no correct info on that cuz its not that 1 out of every 512 u get a rare guy guarenteed. ive piped 9 obs for 2 and a half hours to get a mil and i used like 300 pipes so 300 x 9 is 2700 if im correct so what r the chances? 1/2700? there is no guarentee. some times it takes like 3 pipes for a rare guy (which i have many times by the way.) so i dont know what ur talkin about. i dont care if thats what it says on the site. its not always true! luck is always different, specially on pso!

*sigh*

Once more for the record:

1/512 is only the chance that a given enemy will turn out to be a rare. People only know this because they've looked at the code. It is NOT a guarantee that 1 out of every 512 enemies will be a rare one. It does NOT mean that every 512th enemy will be rare. It's very likely that if you take hundreds of thousands of enemy appearances, about 1 out of 512 will turn out to have been rare, but even that's not a guarantee. The smaller the sample size, the greater variance between the average number and the actual result will turn out to be.

It's like rolling a die (you know, the normal kind that looks like a cube with six sides). There's a 1/6 chance of rolling a 1. That doesn't mean there'll be a 1 every sixth time. It doesn't mean there'll be a 1 once out of every 6 rolls. It means that every time you throw down the die there's a 1/6 chance a 1 will turn up. You could roll a 1 ten times in a row, or instead not roll one for a hundred times.

Here's the bottom line:

JUST BECAUSE ONE PERSON'S PERSONAL EXPERIENCES DO NOT TRACK THE APPEARANCE (or rare-drop) RATES EXACTLY DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE RATES ARE WRONG.

The only way to establish that the 1/512 rate is wrong is to hack into the code and find that it shows, "Hey, Nar Lilies appear with a 1/376 chance instead!"

Anyone out there a statistics major? If so, can you clue us in on just how large a sample size would be statistically significant in determining whether a 1/512 chance is accurate or not with a decent degree of confidence?

Hrith
Apr 2, 2004, 03:29 PM
Dezo, you should copy your reply, and paste it in a Text Document for further uses.

PsychoMantis
Apr 3, 2004, 02:12 AM
Here's the bottom line:

JUST BECAUSE ONE PERSON'S PERSONAL EXPERIENCES DO NOT TRACK THE APPEARANCE (or rare-drop) RATES EXACTLY DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE RATES ARE WRONG.

The only way to establish that the 1/512 rate is wrong is to hack into the code and find that it shows, "Hey, Nar Lilies appear with a 1/376 chance instead!"

Anyone out there a statistics major? If so, can you clue us in on just how large a sample size would be statistically significant in determining whether a 1/512 chance is accurate or not with a decent degree of confidence?

that doesnt exactly look like the bottom line there. lol all i was sayin was it just seems totally random but whatever, u dont have to argue anymore about it cuz i know ur just gonna say "oh all im sayin is that its a 1/512 chance whether u like it or not." blah blah blah