PDA

View Full Version : question from stupid newb lol

stormwalkr777
Mar 31, 2004, 06:53 PM
Hey guys I've only had the game for like a week or 2 and was just wondering if its worth really putting alot of time into it to play online(although i still need a network adapter)as its been out so long without me knowing about it or are there still quite a few people new to the game or am I just a loser cause i've never known about it till now? lol Basicly same thing happened with EQ to me I started like a year to late lol. I havent even had PSO 2 weeks yet and i've got a lvl 68 HUcast with a lvl 200 Rati(which I am very proud of lol). Also any contructive criticism would be appreciated as well for the newb *points to self*!

Cheep
Mar 31, 2004, 07:02 PM
Sounds like you're doing very good for yourself. I think it'd be worth playing online. I don't know if you'd find many other newbies, but that doesn't matter. I love playing online I bet you would too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Just beware of spamming and hacking and the evils of online!

stormwalkr777
Mar 31, 2004, 07:06 PM
Are there anyways to avoid getting hacked or anything cus I intend to be legit all the way to lvl 200 and would cry if my character got deleted or somethin lol.

Cheep
Mar 31, 2004, 07:10 PM
No one can actualy hack you on gc. Just avoid hacked stuff, you should be fine. FSOD, however, is a rare threat to your character. Frozen screen of death can make you lose items or your character. It hasn't happened to me,but it does strike some people.

UnrealCube
Mar 31, 2004, 07:12 PM
If you intend to be legit, your best bet would be to just associate other online players as friends, but do not trade online. If you do trade online chances are the wep you traded for is a hacked/duped wep. I tried staying offline, but i just went online the other day, and whattayaknow first person i meet gives me a red handgun+ 50 with 3 slots of 100%. But hey maybe you will be able to find other strictly legit players that you can enjoy playing with. Good Luck!

Cc08
Mar 31, 2004, 09:50 PM
Easiest way to be legit: be 100% offline, but that is starting to get boring (what I am)... so I think I may get a BBA soon, but it is a blast playing 2-3 offline multi player (4 lags too much)